1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Ye Olde Randome Babble Thread - 112

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    First random babble in what, like maybe 2 or 3 years?

Babble babble babble. Here endeth the babble.

2. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Why didn't you? Here...this might help --> [​IMG]

You mean like this one --> [​IMG]

In other, non smiley news, I missed an awesome opportunity to go out the salt flats and take some awesome pics. The news said that the flats got over 2" of rain the other day. By the time I thought about it, it was too late to get out there in time. :bad:

It would have been like this pic:
    [​IMG]
    But it would have been about 10 times better! That pic was after a storm that only dropped about .25 - .5 inches of rain. With 2 inches on the ground, it would have been a perfect mirror reflection. :love:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2015
  3. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

That photo would be infinitely better if Scarlett Johansson were there, naked.

4. Kitrax

Media:
    Pfft...no thanks. [​IMG]

Now Charlize Theron on the other hand.... :yum:

5. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Using the puke smiley so soon after posting it? I detect a setup! :p

I'm finally getting along with Blender! I can scarcely believe it!

I'm actually using it at a decentish speed as well...

I may be ill :whoa:

6. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    The sight of Scarlett Johansson in all states of dress warms my heart.

As for telling that person to stfu, curiously, if he was someone I knew I might have just done that. Or more probably I'd have ridiculed him. But (fortunately) I didn't know that guy, he only happened to, so very much, be there. I don't think that when in a pub, insulting strangers is either polite, warranted or necessary. It might even be unwise.

I don't mind his nonsense when I don't have to hear it. He is entitled to his harebrained views. Going to another pub was the fastest and least hasslesome way to rid myself of that overwhelming presence and save the evening.

7. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Depressive day.

I do not understand people. :(

Details inside.

My faculty was in somewhat of a mess over graduating year student tours (3-4 options, splitting up everyone, hazy details etc.) so a month ago or so I talked about it with my best RL friend and got a strong impression that he had no real intention of applying for any of them. That pretty much cemented my own opinion - the tours sounded like fun, but neither was a must-go with a bunch of strangers or people that would treat the trip like a competition in immaturity. So I decided not to apply. Figured I could afford to wait and he'd tell me if anything changes. Nothing did.

Only it turned out he did apply to a trip after all (a few days before the application dead line expired) and I learned about it by texting him and finding him in Spain. Although we've talked to each other a few times in between, it never occurred to him to tell me he was going to the tour after all.
    Maybe I would have gone as well.

I'm reasonably sure there is an explanation - a misunderstanding where we both believed that the other one has decided not to go, exams approaching, etc. but not one word? We're best friends.

It hurts.
    It shouldn't, but it does.

Am I being an irrational idiot and overreacting over this?

8. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Is it just me or does there seem to be an increase in bot-generated threads here lately? (The latest one is in Whatnots, but presumably will be deleted shortly.)

9. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    Are there romantic feelings involved on either side? That usually changes everything.

10. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    No romantic feelings. Just a decade long friendship.

Anyhow, enough of my silly whining.

*gets cake for everyone*

ION, it's impossible to get mad at an imaginary monkey pet.

11. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    That's not true, I've often heard of people spanking ... oops....

12. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Keep it up T2 and Tal is going to MUG you!

13. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    Don't relegate your feelings to "silly whining" unless you really feel they were silly! :)

14. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I once had an imaginary dog called Jasper. However, at 4 years old I couldn't say Jasper...I used to call him Baster. It didn't go down well in the middle of town when my mother found me shouting at a lamp post (Which I had pretended to tie my dog to) 'Come here you naughty little Baster!'

Caradhras likes this.
  15. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    Just had duck with turnips so it's perfect for my dessert, thanks Lore! :yum:

:lol:

16. Kitrax

Media:
    Oh FFS...

The day of Kit:

1. Woke up at 5:30 am and worked a 12 hour shift.
    2. Faught with the ex through txt
    3. Got off and met up with my buddy who just bought an 06 AV6 2 hours earlier.
    4. I got to drive his car and raced him as he drove my car. (He (driving my car) won...my tweaked 5 speed automatic tranny is snappier than his 6 speed manual)
    5. Went to a Asian Danny's (we have 5 friends named Danny, so each Danny has a adj. before their name to differentiate between them. Asian Danny and Big Wiener Danny (he's got the biggest wiener dog out of the 4 friends who have wiener dogs) are the only ones I really know. Anyway, we went to Asian Danny's massively gigantic house for a BBQ, booze, and general BSing.
    6. Faught some more with the ex on the phone/txt
    7. Then we went downtown to a house warming party that had ~50 people crammed into the weirdest house I've ever been in. Cheap (quallity) booze and tons of hot chicks everywhere. :yum:
    8. We finally went back to his place for some Halo Beta thingamajig...which I sucked at.
    9. Called the ex at 1:45-ish am just to wake her up and piss her off so she can't sleep (I know her too well...she can't sleep when mad. :evil: )
    10. And here I am...I just got home and it's 2:30am. After drinking a cheap beer at each party, I'm now treating my liver to some Grey Goose Vodka. :yum: Once my face goes numb I think I'll hit the sac...hoever, since my liver andvodka are on good terms with each other, that might not happen until 5am. :beer: (and no, I'm not drinking alone. I'm currently on the BoM *and* trying out the Skype video call thingy with a chick I really like...so we are drinking together via Skype. :p )

Last edited: May 16, 2010
  17. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Eventful...

I asked my partner to marry me and he said no. lol.

18. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I see the Babbling Brook is still upholding its high standards of joyful nonsense. :lol: Oh, Random Babble let me count the ways I have missed you.

19. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    NAKIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've missed you loads! How are you? Where have you been? Are you staying? Love you! xxx

20. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    I'm so glad to see Nakia posting again! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.