1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Ye Olde Randome Babble Thread - 112

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
  2. CelticDream

CelticDream I play well with others... others, not you Veteran

Media:
    Oh you bad baaaaad man! :lol:

3. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Rob has really curly hair and a white patch front and centre. It's adorable...even though right now he isn't and I may hit him with something heavy when he gets home because he was a bleepity bleep bleep with an added couple of bleeps for emphasis this morning!

4. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    On my way to work today I couldn't escape noticing a familiar smell - that of one of my aftershaves - except that I didn't shave today. Then I spotted the source - it was a guy in a business suit 10 metres away from me. He must have found a way to dunk himself into aftershave.

[​IMG]

5. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I once got into a fight with a chav because I asked him if it was really necessary for him to marinate in his aftershave

6. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    [​IMG]

Ugh...don't remind me. There's a woman at work that must literally bathe in some cheap Wal Mart crap perfume. Even though we're not supposed to wear any type of cologne/perfume inside the clean room, that's never stopped her. Oh, and it's so powerful that wearing a clean room suit *and* the vertical laminar air flow throughout the entire fab aren't enough of to keep her stench at bay. :toofar:

For reference, our bunny suits and airflow are such that, you can release a massive fart right next to someone, and they won't be able to smell it. :thumb:

My new boss is a stickler for clean room protocol, so the next time I see him inside the fab, I'm going to ask him to go to her bay and simply.....breathe. :evil:

7. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] PSA/

OK, I haven't checked in here in a while (busy, busy), but I see that SOME PEOPLE are using this thread for discussions that we have the MUG for. To be quite clear, DoTW, please keep the violence-related rants confined to the MUG. Many people don't appreciate them (we've had complaints) and this thread isn't here to intimidate or make anyone feel uncomfortable. Enough's enough.

Kitrax, I've asked you before to keep relationship-related stuff to the MUG. Half-heartedly censoring it doesn't make it OK to post it here. The mods will be on the lookout to delete relationship-related posts that find their way into the RBP from now on. We have the MUG for a reason, so please use it and keep the content we intentionally put there for a reason confined there.

/PSA

8. Silvery

Media:
    Well, Robs friend is moving out tomorrow :banana: Of course, he's leaving after giving me a cold and not bothering to clean up after himself and whinging non-stop to the point where I may have to have a word

9. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Flying into our NY office tomorrow for work. Our company is making a bid to gain the balance of our clients business in the US. They are coming ot visit with our Bigwigs in NY. A 2 hr meeting halfway across the country to talk with 2 people with whom I work with everyday in my office and have lunch with multiple times a week. But they demanded of my boss that I attend. And I have to wear a stuinking suit to boot.

10. CelticDream

Media:
    Since we all hate it when others marinate themselves in perfume or cologne (myself included thanks to my allergies), I suggest you actually put too much on for that meeting... that'll teach 'em! :evil:

Blades of Vanatar likes this.
  11. Kitrax

Media:
    Sorry, sir. :o :kneel:

/public apology

In other news....

I'm going to NYC in mid-July. I've got my plane tickets and hotel paid for. I'm only going to be in NYC for 4 days, and seeing as how I've never been, how about some tips on what to see and where to go?

My hotel is a block away from the Empire State Building...so that's defiantly on the list. So is the whole Ellis Island/Statue of Liberty tour thingy. There's going to be a King Tut expo at Times Square, so that's on the list. Ground Zero is a must see....but other than those things, I've got nothing.
    As Yoshi once said, "I little help here?"

12. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    ... I just got a mental image of the Empire State Building standing defiantly, with chin up and hands resting on hips.

13. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I'm going to hold my tongue, big man, but I'll just say one thing -- to those who actually complained about what I say... if you've got a problem with me, have the freaking balls to say it to my face. There's nothing that makes me go from zero to pissed off in 0.1 second than going the sneaky complaint way instead of taking the problem right to the root of the problem.

Have your victory, complainers... you'll hear no more from me.

Caradhras likes this.
  14. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Considering the nature of most of your posts, I'm sure that people are genuinely too intimidated to want to get into a potential confrontation with you, even if only an online one. I can't say that I blame them and you shouldn't either. Besides, it's not up to the people to decide what goes in public in what doesn't. I made that decision myself, so blame me, if you want to blame anyone.

The MUG's there exactly for the discussions that we feel are best limited to the audience that actually wants to read and participate in them and the general public might find distasteful, uncomfortable or too mature for one reason or another.

15. Silvery

Media:
    Kit, I saw the King Tut exhibit when it came to London and it was AMAZING. Although one woman did nothing to improve my opinion of American intellect: she was behind us and I heard her say to her friend 'This book of the dead...should I have read this before I came cuz I just don' geddit'

I slept all night last night! Haven't been sleeping because of this damn cough so last night I doubled the dose of the codiene lynctus I've been taken (stupid, I know) and slept right through :D

ION, I'm seriously thinking about giving up playing cRPG's. Ages ago I tried to play NWN for the first time. I got through to the end and thought that I'd add the expansions. As soon as I did, the whole game refused to work. About 3/4 weeks ago I had to do a complete system wipe (it was easier to save the few files I wanted and wipe everything else than to do it the other way round) and thought I'd reload NWN again. It worked and I got right to end then.........my screen broke :( plus, as it was a laptop and I'm techno-sinister, I couldn't hook up a new one. Luckily I had all the important stuff saved seperatly after the orignal wipe. I went and bought a new laptop the other week and thought I'd have a crack at BG. It works fine right up until you try to go to the FAI and then crashes. Grrrrrrrrrr

Oh smashing, now I'm getting the crap kicked out of me on tribal wars!

Last edited: Apr 28, 2010
  16. Kitrax

Media:
    Ugh...morons. :doh:

I actually got quite into the whole King Tut thing in school...so I at least know as much, if not slightly more than the average person. :rolleyes:

In other news...my new laptop arrives today! Unfortunately, it's also trash pickup day...so every time I heard a diesel engine and air brakes, I'd jump out of the bed and run to the front door. Right now, I'm at 3-0. :bad: Having 3 different kinds of garbage trucks come by between 7am and 11am really sucks when you've only gotten 4 hours of sleep. :bad:

Speaking of new tech, I bought a new camera yesterday for my trip. I’ve still got my dSLR, but that’s a little big to be packing all around NYC, so I figured it was time for a compact point and shoot camera...so I picked up a Canon SD3500...3.5" touch screen FTW! :bigeyes:

17. CelticDream

Media:
    It's been a while since I last lived there, so can't remember too much about what to go see, so I did a bit of research and this weblink here has some good ideas of free attractions in NYC that you could go to. Hope it helps a little :)

18. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    Hey Kit, does that mean you won't have new rims for your car? :)

ION : WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Montréal just made it to the second playoff round in Hockey by eliminating the Washington Capitals!! :banana::banana::banana::banana:
    Halak (Mtl's goalie) is God! :p

19. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Anyone seen a zeppelin mooring pole around?

ION, bought some Space Marines models for my brother. I foresee a future filled with glue, paint and frustration.
    His future. I get the computer time. :p

Random snazzy moment of ionic force: Ethanol and water will not mix, if water is a saturated K2CO3 solution. :D
    Now all I need is a nice reaction where this will be useful to try out...

20. Silvery

Media:
    Heh heh. Headline on Yahoo! news yesterday was 'Cameron slams Balls'

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.