1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

xp problem, pc restarting all the time.

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Death Whisper, Oct 27, 2003.

1. Death Whisper Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

i use windows xp.

not long ago i did a clean install to get rid of viruses and to sort out the mess on my pc.

when everything was installed, i ran bg2 with a few weidu mods +shadows over soubar and the soubar compatible fixpack.

anyway, i run the game, start a new game and start creating my char.

how ever, suddenly, without any reasons, the computer just restarts.

this happened on every atttempt i made to run the game. the weird thing is that nothing have been changed from before i cleaned my pc (same mods, setup, graphic settings and so on).

Why do it keep restarting when i try to play bg2 w\tob? (happens with soa only too, but i want tob installed).

do anyone have a solution?.

i heard rumours about a xp fix, is it true? where do i get it?

thx in advance for any help you give :)

2. Thyorna Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

There are official SoA and ToB patches that fix a lot of the windos 2000 and the XP problems, maybe try one of those

3. Death Whisper Gems: 9/31

hehe, i already got the latest bg2:tob patch ;)

but even then my pc keeps restarting.

something about a bccode......????

4. Grandalf the Green Sorcerer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Have you installed the latest Win XP Service packs + other updates? That MIGHT cause it, since XP did alot of Crashes when it wasn't updated..
    Usually mine errors came from my 3d card.

Try checking all possible updates on XP?
    or Adjust your settings on BG2 and try diasbling 3d acceleration etc etc?

5. Death Whisper Gems: 9/31

yup, got all the latest drivers, exept that for my motherboard.

i tried to turn the graphic settings down as suggested but it didnt work.

it still restarts and the same pesky message appears : serious problem, BCcode "insert number" in "insert number"
    BP somehting "number" in "number".

have no idea why, cause it functioned just fine before i did a reinstall to get some more mods in, and yes, i tried to run it without mods.

know, if anyone remember how we can clean of the register in xp..........perhaps that help.

oh, i also cleaned the cahce and temp folders in bg2 folder.

6. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

You did install SoS before the WeiDU mods, right?

7. Death Whisper Gems: 9/31

of course i did.

anyway, i cleared the cache folder and the temp folder and now it worked, so lets hope it stays that way :)

thanks again for all your help people, and have a nice day :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.