1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

X Men 3

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Newfie, Apr 13, 2005.

1. Newfie Banned

I heard they are replacing the actress who played Kitty Pryde... another developing character?

2. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Good! I thought Kitty was hot back when I was 14 and reading the X-Men comics...I hope she becomes a larger character!

3. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

hot, definitely, but wasn't she justa kid in x2? :confused:

@JSBB

ah, my mistake, I thought that "Days of the Future Past" was the "possible future" story where practically all the x-men are dead and wolverine's the only one free? Wasn't that the future which Bishop came from?

4. JSBB Gems: 31/31

@ Enagonios - In the cartoon that is the way the Days of the Future Past story worked but not the comic. In the comics Wolverine, Storm, Colossus, Franklin Richards, Sprite and Rachel Summers were the X-Men of the future. In the comics the time travel element was a mind swap between the present and future Sprites.

The future x-men were killed by the end of story line except for Rachel and Sprite - they were busy working the mind exchange while the others were executing a futile attack on the Sentinnels HQ.

5. Newfie Banned

Wait now, we have possibly Storm, Wolverine, Cyclops, Phoenix/Jean Grey, Colossus, Shadowcat, Nightcrawler, Beast, Gambit, Angel, Rogue and Iceman. Who out there who wants to see Dazzler, Longshot, Jubilee, Sunfire, Changeling, Banshee, Thunderbird and Psyloche? I wanna see Christina Ricci as Kitty Pryde. Who else should be included?

[ April 23, 2005, 13:56: Message edited by: Newfie ]

6. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Sounds good. Gambit was always one of my favourite characters, so I hope he gets a large part.

7. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

I don't care who they bring in as long as they don't lose their production values. I hate cheesiness. The Space channel up here has been running the old Superman films, and while those were a long time ago, the horrid special effects and pathetic writing made me wince.

In the same vein, I'm wondering if they should stick with the more martial characters (you know, acrobatic ones like Wolverine, their version of Mystique, Toad, Sabretooth etc) or go with characters with some slicker powers (like Storm, Shadowcat, Iceman, etc.) Please, please don't let them bring in Angel -- he's a pansy whether it be white feathers or steel shards.

8. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    Rumour has it that Angel's going to be a chick in this one!!

9. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Now that would be just plain stupid. The only reason I can see that they would even consider doing that is solely to be controversial. They have plenty of unused female characters to choose from if they want to add another woman - not that there are not already plenty of females in the cast.

To tell you the truth, I never liked Angel and I would be more than happy if he wasn't in the films. Before becoming Death he was a dull character - not to mention wimpy. I'll admit the he did look kind of neat after he went blue skinned with metallic wings but he spent far too much time feeling sorry for himself.

I suppose they could make Angel interesting by completely changing the character so that the only similarity to the comics is that the characters both have wings - but why bother?

10. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Rogue rules, even though I don't really understand her powers.

11. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    Anna Paquin is definitely hot! She can temporarily take the powers of any mutant just by touching them.

12. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

amen ;)

as to her powers, it's not just the powers of a mutant that she absorbs, but also their memories and stuff. a bit of their life force too iirc.

13. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Anna Paquin is from New Zealand, so it's a nice coincidence that she is also such a cool character.

14. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Rogue is a fun character -- Marvel used her to get rid of Carole Danvers (at least as Ms. Marvel) and at the same time give old Rogue a basic slate of powers; I'm guessing she was just too hard to write for without some basic powers.

The tough thing is that even in today's age of computer animation, making a human fly is very tough to do convincingly on an extended basis. Storm swooped up to the statue of Liberty in the first film, and Magneto floated a few times, but if they try to have anyone fly it's not going to look as cool as it does in the comics or in animation.

15. Newfie Banned

Angel is not going to be a woman. Read it lately.

16. Lynadin Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Just confirmed: Kelsey Grammer, known from "frasier" has been cast to play Hank "The Beast" McCoy. :D

17. Newfie Banned

Could be fun! He is articulate enough.

18. ethis123 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Gambit is not getting a big part in X-3 he is in mainly to satisfy the fans (according to IGN) and yeah Angel is going to be a man. Sounds to me like Beast will probably have the biggest part in the new movie (of the new characters anyway, I'm sure old Wolfie will still be the star). On a separate note I think Gambit would be perfect for a movie of his own, after all he has always been a bit of a rouge (god that is a bad pun) X-man.

19. Newfie Banned

Nick Stahl, the guy who played Yellow Bastard in Sin City and John Conner in T3 will be playing Angel.

20. St. James Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I think they are going to have to get a really good stuntman for Grammar -- he just cannot handle the Beast's moves at this point. I can see him nailing the personality however.

My favorite Xmen character has always been Nightcrawler -- even before the movies. I hope they will explore him a little bit more instead of just making him a foil for Storm's rage -- an opposite of Kurt's religion.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.