1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

WTF??!! UK can't deport Somali criminals and has to pay them

Discussion in 'Alley of Lingering Sighs' started by dmc, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    It's almost the other way around in fact. The political party is dependent on any decently large demographic that supports them. The Democratic party "depends" on winning elections because of the African American vote in any place where African Americans make up a significant part of the constituency. You could say the same thing for Evangelical Christians and the Republican Party.

2. Darion

Darion Resident Dissident Veteran BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Monty Python would approve this comment!c :D

3. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

If you want to bring morality into it, I question why the established citizens or a country are expected to act morally 100% of the time, even if it means consistently being victimized by immigrants (legal or illegal, doesn't matter in this case) who behave in a stunningly IMMORAL fashion. If they didn't want to risk being sent back to a living hell in Somalia, why didn't these worthless bastards just NOT COMMIT CRIMES? And spare me the lame ass excuses -- we all have a choice of whether to commit crimes like

and decent people choose not to. It's not a case of "stealing medicine for my fatally ill wife that otherwise I could never get." Spare me the ethics 101 horsefeces.

I have no problem with law abiding immigrants who (by that definition) enter a country legally and behave in a legally obedient manner. If we are a decent society we will even give some help to those who are less fortunate.

But once they spit on the country that succored them, they should either be sent back to their country of origin to die, quickly or slowly, I don't care, or we should just save the jet fuel and execute these mother <snippers> on the soil of the country they have urinated on. Just because they had crappy lives doesn't give them the excuse to make the lives of others crappy.

Shoshino likes this.
  4. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Damn LKD - don't hold back - tell us how you really feel.

5. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

I would like to point out the quite significant difference between refugees and immigrants. Immigrants leave their country by choice, refugees are forces out by a humanitarian crisis. These two were refugees and not immigrants. You might call it semantics but there's also a legal difference between the two especially when deportation is concerned.

I also don't quite get what you are rambling on about. These two will still be tried and most likely convicted for their crimes and face serious jail time. The compensation they get is only to cover for the court costs (or so I imagine, if they are left with any money for themselves then I agree that the compensation would be unjustified). They won't be sent to Somalia though since they'd probably be tried in some Islamic court and possibly sentenced to something like being stoned to death. Sending someone knowingly to a fate like that is not moral in my opinion and the European justice system agrees.

6. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31

Adored Veteran

Media:
    This is probably a post for a new thread, but here goes. The Democrats are the party of the poor. That isn't saying that all Democrats are poor, but it is almost universal that all the poor vote Democrat. They do so because the Democrats (Vastly more than Republicans) believe that government should assist (by this I mean take care of) the poor. Whereas Republicans are always looking for welfare/unemployment reform Democrats are looking to expand welfare/unemployment benefits, etc.

This is why the poor overwhelmingly vote Democratic as their politicians keep the checks flowing and therefore they are dependent on a political party for their well being. Imagine if you will what would happen if we had twenty years of Republican dominance at all levels of the executive and legislative branches of government (federal and state). In the eyes of the poor (and Democrats) this would be a disaster as welfare would probably disappear as we know it.

Clearly this is one of the reasons that the Democrats are pushing the DREAM act. It is a wildly unpopular bill that would allow millions of illegals to become citizens, but the same as African Americans if given the chance to vote they would probably vote 90+% for Democrats and would sway local and national elections possibly forever. More than one conservative considers this the USA's path to suicide.

It is a shame. In the 50+ years since the civil rights movement our government has basically given the poor enough cash and benefits to survive and they keep voting to keep what they consider the gravy train rolling.

7. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Ooooooooh, someone's milk has gone off!

You're right though, well said.

8. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    I don't believe that's true. I think they tend to want to help the poor, but we don't have a political party that exclusively represents the poor.

That's completely false. A lot of poor, white, evangelicals in the South vote Republican. Some of the most hard core conservative voters in the South are dirt poor and they seldom vote for Democrats.

Really? The poor are not well taken care of by any political party in the US. They mostly get substandard housing, medical care and education. And most of these programs were done by both parties back in the 1960s and 70s. As an example, both Bob Dole and George Mcgovern [together] crafted the school lunch programs for poor kids, a program that would be laughed out by the toads who populate today's Congress.

Byt reform, you mean "end." Don't lump unemployment and welfare together. They are not the same thing.

You never claimed the "poor" were dependent, you claimed blacks were dependent. Funny, how you changed that up. It went from being about race and immigration, to a thread about the "poor" being dependent on on a political party. That is something different. Still, not even true but something that we can debate on substance. And that would be a different thread [since it's really not about immigration, Snook, but something a little different]. It is true that poor people are dependent to large extent on government programs, which is a bit different than "a political party."

Dream Act? Wasn't that under GW Bush and a Republican Congress? Isn't that still being sponsored by some Republicans?

Last edited: Jun 30, 2011
  9. Shoshino

Shoshino Irritant Veteran

Media:
    I was always taught that a person is responsible for their own fate and for their own actions, to me morality is a waste of thought.

10. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I would say it's a moral act to protect your own citizens against foreign criminals who enter the country with the express purpose of committing crimes against said citizens. I would also say that travelling somewhere in order to harm the people who live there is an immoral act.

11. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

I agree that the state needs to protect its citizen against all criminals and that's why we have courts and prisons.

12. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    And normal procedure is also for foreign criminals to be deported from the country once they have served their sentence, lest they commit more crimes against the locals. To avoid this fate, all they have to do is not commit crimes.

13. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Do not worry lads, Fortress Europe is almost finished. You will not have to worry about scary dark skinned people coming into your neighbourhoods much longer. ...

14. Shoshino

Media:
    one thing I want to know, is who told these people that the UK is such a great place to be, they travel across most of Europe to get here and they chance getting through the channel tunnel, why?

15. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    That is the question innit? They risk everything to maybe get a job cleaning toilets and living six people in a tiny apartment. Now why would anyone be willing to do that?

16. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Because it's probably still heaps better than what they came from...

17. Shoshino

Media:
    But think of all the other countries on the way, for example, if theyre coming from Romania, they could try Hungary, Austria, Germany, Luxembourg, Belgum or France.... why the UK?

18. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Maybe because of the language... it's more likely that they speak English than any other European languages.

19. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Wherever they can get a visa. I knew a woman who fled TO Iran as a stepping stone to coming to Canada.

20. Drew

Drew Arrogant, contemptible, and obnoxious Adored Veteran

Media:
    ...and before the civil rights act of 1964, they overwhelmingly voted republican. I fail to see a point here. The shift in the voting habits of the black community is based on very basic reality that the republican party was on the wrong side of the civil rights act of 1964. Not only that, but Nixon, Reagan, and Bush Sr. all ran for president using racist codewords. Trump got a lot of press by insisting that our president only achieved his success because of affirmative action. The image problem that the republican party has with the black community was earned. Until the party learns to muzzle its own racists and abandons racially charged political advertising, it's image problem will remain.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.