1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Wrestling: Random babbling

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Disciple of The Watch, Dec 21, 2006.

1. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

If Pacman Jones actually did wrestle at all he'd violate his NFL contract, so I don't thinkk there'll be much to it.

2. General Ghoul Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

As much as I hate to see McMahon back on TV, I think this "who's your baby" angle will fail and force him back off the air. I see three possible kids:

Mr Kennedy
    Cena
    Triple H

Kennedy is obvious: He's up and coming, it would add heat to him, and McMahon middle name is Kennedy.

Cena: A bit strangle yes, but he is their #1 talent, on the mike and in the ring, but is getting stale and needs a new angle, not just a heel turn. He could try to run from his past, then embrace it.

Finally Triple H: I think this is where it ends up. HHH is from Connecticut, same as Vince. It would make HHH Sstephanie's half brother, putting their child in the worst story line ever, something Vince has been searching for since Rouso left.

3. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Aurora Rose, an incest child... Triple H the Redneck! Haha, I love it... all that would be left is to swap his sledgehammer for a pitchfork... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

*ahem*

Ken Kennedy would be the best choice for the storyline - the guy has it all - charisma, mic skills, in-ring ability - as JBL once said "The fastest rising star in SmackDown history". Of course, Kennedy is now on RAW, and while he had a rather poor debut, he nontheless pulled out an impressive victory AND put Lashley on the shelf.

Seriously, Ken Kennedy needs a big push. The guy would make a great champion, and I simply love the cocky heel he impersonates so well.

I am SO f***** tired of Cena. SOMEBODY PLEASE relieve this idiot of his ugly arse bling, throw it into an incinerator, and return to a better looking WWE title, FFS!

When Cena got RKOed on the steel chair on SNME, I enjoyed every single second of it. I don't like Randy Orton, but destroying Cena is his ultimate goal, and for that reason only, I'll cheer for Orton. Seeing the expression on the faces of all the Cena-lovers was priceless too :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
    Get rid of Cena and give other guys (*cough*Kennedy*cough*) the push to stardom they deserve.

And speaking of champions I'm sick and tired of, let's talk about the plan B of the WWE, the "Great Khali". Okay, he's huge and intimidating, but he completly lack in-ring skills. This guy is a disgrace to the WHC.

And the "ECW" Chump is no better. I was incensed to see this chump beat CM Punk just like that - for those of you who remember Punk in the ROH days, he had THREE *60 MINUTES* with SAMOA JOE and SURVIVED THEM. Surviving Joe is no small feat... and they job Punk to Nitro. Twice. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

CM Punk would be a better champion than the current chump who is a disgrace to the legacy of this perticular World Title.

Truth will likely find another partner, and Team Pacman will be a stable. Easy as that.

4. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

You know what, there are some people who really give wrestling fans a bad name (not anyone here). This has to be said as it caused me to laugh... a lot, so sorry if it offends anyone.

A guy on ESPN radio was talking about how the wrestler Crush died and as always he lamented about the roids, violence, drugs, etc. lifestyle that wrestlers live and how it leads to early deaths. Of course he also ripped wrestling fans for continuing to support the wrestling federations and he got this e-mail responce...

"Crush would crush you!"

"Not anymore dude."

It was presented quite humorously, but it truly does show the focus on the present in pro wrestling, which is something quite terrible... I don't know why, I just felt like saying that.

5. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

SNME did show three options:

Eugene: Comic relief, but nothing more.

Melina: Attitude is right on, but I wouldn't want to see her as a McMahon.

Stone Cold: I'd love any excuse to see the Texas Rattlesnake back. Please Stunner Cena, regal, Cena, Coach, Cena, Santino Marella, Cena, um, did I mention I want to see him stunner Cena?

Other Candidates:

Cena (Would explain his title reign).
    Khali (Vince gets his attack dog)
    The Sandman (Imagine what he'd do with the authority of a McMahon?)
    Hornswoggle (Wouldn't that be funny?)

6. Disciple of The Watch

Balls Mahoney has been thrown into the mix too, I've seen in the "ECW" section of WWE.com. Wouldn't that be ironic - an original of the TRUE ECW, a McMahon.

I stand firm that it's Ken Kennedy, though.

TNA is also slowly starting to delve more and more into sports entertainment as well. Just like that, do anyone know how much Pacman Jones is paid by apparition? $25,000. (!!!!!!)

That's cash they could use to recruit new blood for the X-Division, and heavyweights as well.

Am I the only one who is disgusted by all the former WWE superstars jumping on TNA and getting bigger pushes than established TNA guys?

The future of TNA is starting to look like WCW.

7. Gnarfflinger

I agree DotW. Sure they did get some good picks with former WWE guys, like Rhyno and Christian, and VKM has a place on TV, but Is Kurt Angle the direction they want to go? I'm a fan of the Duddley Boyz, but I disagree with the way TNA is using them. Will RVD live up to what he could have been in TNA or has he wasted the best years of his carreer on Vince? Will Sabu actually show up and want to work or will he bomb there? I would like to see more of the TNA guys (Styles, Samoa Joe, AMW, LAX) taking it to the guys that have been brought in and are taking their rightful places.

And it's not just former WWE guys, but former WCW guys too. Throw in the Steiners and Sting, and you have a rerun of Nitro...

8. Disciple of The Watch

Unlike WWE was a heap of crap all along, WCW had it's prime and was actually pretty damn good - as far as "Sports entertainment" can be, that is. The nWo storyline was for a time great, and when WCW actually surpassed WWE in terms of ratings, those had to be the most beautiful weeks in the history of "Sports entertainment" crap.

I don't mind the WCW guys in TNA - Scott Steiner is a pretty decent wrestler and was easily one of the best heels in TNA in quite a long time.

TNA Originals should indeed kick the s*** out of the WWE rejects (because let's fact it, that's what they are) which just walk in and take the place in the spotlight the TNA Originals have busted their asses to earn. The TNA Originals ARE pissed off, don't search too far for an answer as to why morale is low in TNA, Cornette - your best talent is disgruntled!

Sting should be fired and shot without a second thought. Abyss needs to make a heel turn because this guy as a babyface is just plain wrong. Scott Steiner needs to go back at what he does best - being a heel, and Rick Steiner should be fired and shot.

A Hardcore Division should be created, and Raven should utterly DOMINATE IT. Seeing Raven JOBBING to KAZ pissed me off beyond words. RAVEN HELD THE HARDCORE TITLE 27 TIMES. **27 TIMES**. I think RAVEN has proved that he is INDEED A HARDCORE LEGEND. AND TNA TRIES TO RAM DOWN MY THROAT THAT A BABYFACE WIMP LIKE KAZ CAN DEFEAT ONE OF THE GREATEST HARDCORE LEGENDS JUST LIKE THAT?!? Do you make efforts to be so STUPID, TNA, or does it come NATURALLY?! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
    Test should get thrown in the said Hardcore Division and EARN his place in TNA through BLOOD and VIOLENCE.

VMK should make a serious run for the Tag Team Championships. Christopher Daniels and/or AJ Styles needs to run for the X Division title. The World Heavyweight Title should be given back to Cage, because he never lost the damn belt in the first place, and he is a GREAT Champ - GREAT mic skills, GREAT in-ring talent, GREAT charisma, and the cowardly heel role suits him like a GLOVE.

Robert Roode and James Storm NEED a push because TNA is WASTING two stars with HUGE maineventer potential, and that is plain revolting.

And FFS, get rid of that stupid "Black Machismo" and that hippie Dutt!!! They're a total insult to the X-Division!!!

And while we're at it, BURY Eric Young, NUKE Chris Harris, DROWN Kevin Trash, TRASH the Floation Floozy (that's the s*** Brooks, BTW).

RVD wasted his time in WWE. Now he's taking some time off, and may NEVER wrestle again.

Sabu was right at home in TNA - remember the barbed wire match with Abyss, Gnarff? This guy is another hardcore legend, and I certainly hope he goes back to TNA and doesn't bomb it this time.

Jeff Hardy is UNDERUSED. I remember his Final Assault match with Abyss, and this was his best match. Ever. Another guy who's full potential could ONLY be unleashed in the X-Division.

3D is also extremely unhappy about TNA, and it's probable they might finish their career in WWE.

And the WWE? They have some great talents, which have all gone to waste.

Look at Kane. An unstoppable juggernaut who was stuck in the crappiest storylines ever and jobbed to some of the worst IDIOTS EVER.

Undertaker - okay, 15-0 at WM is a record that will never be beaten. He has had an illustrious career, but how many championships did he held in his 15+ years career? 5? Come on.

CM Punk - This guy SURVIVED THREE separates 60 F****** MINUTES matches with SAMOA JOE. It was his time to shine in "ECW" and LOOK who he JOBBED to: an ASS called Johnny Nitro. You mean to tell me that Punk has survived wrestling HELL with Samoa Joe, and he cannot beat that craphead Nitro?!?

The creative departments of BOTH WWE and TNA should be SHOT and BURIED. "Sports Entertainment" should be NUKED.

Long live TRUE wrestling. Long live indy promotions. I'd rather spend $50 bucks on ROH DVDs than a ticket for any crap "Sports entertainment" show.

*EDIT* Wow, what a rant. Man, blowing some SMOKE feels GOOD!

9. Gnarfflinger

The problem is that the guys that pay the salaries are idiots, and who do they hire? Idoits. they have no concept of how to run a decent sory line or what to do with bonafide talent.

10. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Ok, I'm back for another issue of "The_Shaman's semi-inane questions":

What do you make of Rick Flair?

I'm getting the feeling the guy is way past his prime, and it pains me a lot. I like seeing an old salt show his badass side (perhaps an exception could be made for the Undertaker's WM winning streak) and I would love to see him add a new title or make some memorable fights, sure enough. I mean, he's been in this business for decades, the guy's an icon. However, his recent performances are less than thrilling, whether it's because his role is like that or that he's just not able to do more. Seriously, either give the old dog the chance to show he hasn't lost his teeth or, if he has, allow him to leave the ring with a head held high. He may not be THE Hulk Hogan, but he damn well deserves to be remembered and hailed as THE Rick Flair.

[ August 30, 2007, 18:46: Message edited by: The Shaman ]

11. Disciple of The Watch

I think Flair could get one final title reign (United States, for example), and then retire while Champ. It would make a good exit fitting of his illustrious career.

Or, he could be a mentor to younger Smackdown wrestlers - the occasion to learn from a 16-time World Champion and one of the best in the buisness is a golden opportunity.

I sure as hell don't know what the creative department has in store for Flair. I just hope they don't blow it this time.

On other news, Randy Orton has went after Cena's father on RAW this Monday, so I heard. Smart move by the Legend Killer - awaken a demon in Cena, then use it to his advantage.

This might just be the edge Orton needs to take that ugly bling away from it's current idiot (yes, the moron retained at Summerslam - does that REALLY surprise anyone?).

TNA has gotten their two hour timeslot. Fire "Black Machismo" and Sonjay Dutt, give the X-Division it's glory back, and MAKE WAY FOR JIMMY RAVE - that's right, Jimmy Rave is the newest TNA signee, I heard.

The two hour timeslot would be a GOLDEN opportunity for a Hardcore Division. I, for one, am sick of watching the Hardcore Legend jobbing to complete idiots like Kaz.

Don't blow it this time, TNA.

12. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I hope he stays around the ring after he's done. I really liked it when during the "WWE vs WCW" he was supposedly in the administration for a while. It would be a little weird if he would turn commentator, but then again, in normal sports this happens quite often. Plus, he does seem to have some charisma and hopefully hasn't lost all grey cells.

Mentor... mentor would be okay, but he should not be reduced to a lackey role. A "grey cardinal" position would be much better.

13. Gnarfflinger

I believe the Veteran presence is exactly why Ric Flair is still there. They need a few older guys there to help out the young guys adjust to the business.

Second, TNA needs to fire the guy that gave Jay Lethal and Sonjay Dutt such stupid gimmicks. They needed something better than they were given to work with, but those gimmicks suck. The Hardcore division is an excellent idea. I think that TNA could do better with it than WWE did, but the way TNA has handled the X division and the Tag Team division as of late does not inspire confidence...

14. Disciple of The Watch

Hmm, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it Nash?

Count on TNA to ignore this vein and making their hardcore talent JOB.

A website with various TNA news I regularly visit posts the results of the 2-weeks worth of iMPACT tapings, and I can tell you straight up that next week's Joe vs Raven will end up in Raven LOSING ONE MORE TIME. Oddly enough, Styles helped Raven during the match when he came with a kendo stick and nailed Joe with it. After the match, Tomko & co then hit the ring, and Joe ended up on the receiving end of a conchairto, and frankly, I never tire of seeing the Coalition punish up Joe.

The one thing I can't make my mind about is Styles helping Raven. A new incarnation of the Flock, perhaps?

And Gnarff, you want a good laugh? Sting is Tag Team Champ with Angle.

15. Gnarfflinger

I didn't think they'd really trust him with something like developing characters for guys. Maybe Black Machismo and the Guru are why they shouldn't...

Well, they're trying to build Joe, and having a former ECW and NWA champ putting him over (it seems like an obscenity to use the term Jobbing with a guy like Raven) would give him the credibility. I can see Raven taking a role similar to what Terry Funk did in the early days of ECW. Funk was not afraid to put over a guy if the match was good enough and he believed in the guy. Some reports were that he was actually excited about what kind of match he could have with the guys taht Paul brought him to work with. Perhaps the story with Kaz breaking free of Seretonin was a way to build his standing in the X division (after putting 5 to 7 guys in the tag team division and turning AJ Styles into a joke).

I saw the Four way match on Impact. I wa honestly hoping to see Styles screw Christian in that match, but I can live with Sting and Angle.

On a more serious note, there were a number of high profile suspensions levied after a Steroid probe. Among the suspended: Randy Ornton, King Booker, Mr. Kennedy, Umaga, William Regal, Batista, Funaki, Chavo Guerrero, John Morrison (who dropped the ECW title to CM Punk at a recent taping), Edge and Mike Bucci (aka Nova, Simon Dean). Bucci was fired outright and many people are happy to see him go...

16. Disciple of The Watch

Well. Looks like WWE sniffed vapors of common sense. Can't say I'm sad of being rid of that ass Nitro.

Punk will be a good, fighting champ. This might just be the opportunity he needed to shine and show the potential he has, like he's shown on RoH back in the days.

Truth be told, the whole list of probed wrestlers except Ken Kennedy and Orton I could care less about. No more loudmouth on Monday nights. And with Orton out of the picture, it looks like we're gonna have to suffer that moronic chump Cena even longer.

I sweat, the day he loses his ugly bling, I'm throwing a party.

17. General Ghoul Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Well look for MAJOR story line changes very soon. WWE suspends (but doesn't identify )at least 14 wrestlers for using ( really just getting caught) an internet drug supplier. List from PWtorch.com:

-Adam Copeland (Edge)
    -King Booker (Robert Huffman)
    -Shane Helms
    -Mike Bucci
    -Anthony Carelli (Santino Marella)
    -John Hennigan (John Morrison)
    -Darren Matthews (William Regal)
    -Ken Anderson (Ken Kennedy)
    -Chavo Guerrero
    -Randy Orton
    -Charlie Haas

Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit were also on the list of WWE-contract customers.

So that explains the ECW title change. Its certain to kill the current program between Cena and Orton and any Kennedy program. I've seen Batista's name listed as well (unbelievable I know).

Also WWE release Eugene and Cryme Time this weekend, so they could possible be linked as well.

This severely weakens all the rosters, I can't see how they will fill all 5 hours this week. Look for an ironman match headlining each show.

Now is the time to super hype Punk, his clean image is channeling Hogan from 1984 (theres a scary thought). And to respond to above poster, I'd put the SD belt on Flair till the end of the year, then start raiding talent from TNA, ROH
    , Japan, wherever, to get back to having at least a presentable roster.

Wow, what the stockholders must be thinking.

18. Disciple of The Watch

All those suspensions are just gonna be a major test for WWE's creative department. I'll be darn impressed if they can keep going even with all that talent suspended.

Punk needs his chance to shine, and I think this might just be it. Remember that the guy is a former ROH World Champion. He has defended his title four times, including a 60-minutes draw with Christopher Daniels. The guy definitively has potential and talent.

NOOOOO!!! What makes ROH great is the fact that it's WRESTLING, not SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT. RoH guys are better off displaying their full potential in RoH rather than being mid to low-carders wasting their talent in WWE - not to mention they'd end up in "developmental territory" for who knows how long. Sports Entertainment and Pro Wrestling should stand as far away from each other as possible.

I agree about putting a SD belt on Flair, though. Maybe not WHC, but US definitively sound good. Give Flair one last reign, and make him retire while Champ. I've already said that before, but Flair deserves an exit as illustrious as his long career was.

TNA has their very own talent, and many of them have HUGE potential. WWE would just send them to developmental territory, in which they'd just start all over again.

No, TNA needs to stop fishing former WWE stars and pushing them instead of developing their OWN talent. Many of them have huge maineventer and champion potential which should NOT be laid to waste.

While I'm on TNA, they have appearantly signed ex-RoH star Jimmy Rave. I'm bittersweet about this signing. It's good to see TNA signing something else than former WWE dudes... but I fear this is another guy TNA is going to waste. Rave is a very good wrestler, and definitively could reach the top of the X-Division. TNA, however, seem to be looking to put the moronic, laughable, dumb Macho Man rip off on top.

Christopher Daniels losing his EARNED X-Division #1 contendership for the X Title is probably one of the dumbest, most idiotic, moronic move ever made by TNA. I swear, if the moron Lethal gets the X belt, I'm never watching TNA again.

You know what I like about NOAH? The total absence of crappy storylines, and most importantly - the absence of brainless dumbass eye-candy which plagues WWE and TNA. FFS, I want to see *wrestling*, not dumbass b******!

I remember the bikini contest a couple of weeks ago on Smackdown. Ridiculous. And any of you remember the bikini battle royal? Even more laughable. Smackdown remains the more palatable of the two shows (I'm voluntarely counting out the laughable sorry excuse called "ECW"), though the sports entertainment is still omnipresent, though to a lesser degree than Monday Night Soap Opera.

In short, TNA needs to fix their stuff and stop their crappy storylines - especially bringing in Pacman Jones, and putting THREE belts on Angle, turn Abyss back to heel, fire the Macho Man ripoff and his hippy sidekick, and restore the X-Division to the glory it deserves.

WWE... well, their creative department better stock up on wakeups if they want to pull through the wave of suspensions.

19. Gnarfflinger

All those changes creates opportunities.

Kendrick and London could take the tag team titles and really generate some excitement. This raises both their stock.

CM Punk will make his name as ECW champ. Look for Marcus Cor Von to get a push. Elijah Burke has the potential to be a good heel.

Snitsky could get a push.

WWE has been rumoured to be talking to Chris Jericho and Sid Vicious.

They'll figure something out. Maybe these guys that are out for longer periods of time will lose their place on the roster to the guys that get opportunities, adn that might ultimately send a louder message...

20. Disciple of The Watch

Kendrick & London earned the #1 contender status for the WTTC. This is good - those guys have been the longest reigning champions in the history of Smackdown, and they're certainly better to watch than the two rednecks.

Interestingly, Flair is PO'ed of his current push and has asked for his release, which WWE has denied so far - they're not wanting to let him go, and they hope he cools down so something could be negotiated, I guess.

I've watched some good old vintage RoH during an uber boring philosophy class at school (on my bro's PSP - long live AVI videos and memory sticks!) - Homicide VS Steve Corino. Good, bloody, violent matches. Pouring Drano down Cabana's throat was pretty hardcore and certainly got me laughing my ass off. Homicide is a "sick f***", as the RoH fans would say, but hey, I don't mind - better hardcore wrestling than soap operas.

From what I've heard of this week's RAW, Orton has created a monster. Unfortunately, since he's one of those who got nailed for steroids and such, this means the moronic a****** Cena keeps his ugly bling.

Snitsky is clearly established as a monster heel, IIRC. Sure, seeing him brutalize people is good, but this guy could easily be contender for the IC title - he'd dismember Hardy quicker than you can say it.

One thing about Snitsky, though... the teeth. I've heard they were dyed yellow, but man, it certainly look like he's forgotten what a toothbrush and toothpaste is.

On the so-called Divas side, I certainly hope that the Glamazon takes the belt away from the current s*** holding it.

Seeing Marella getting caned by the Sandman was priceless.

Mysterio is litteraly undersized compared to Khali. Don't underestimate Mysterio, though. I don't think that accepting an I Quit match with Guerrero a little more than a week prior to Unforgiven was very smart.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.