1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Wrestling: Random babbling

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Disciple of The Watch, Dec 21, 2006.

1. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

2. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

It's in the Sensorium area. I never actually looked there until I heard that...

3. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I went against my principles and tuned on SmackDown last Friday.

To my surprise, it's the most palatable of the three WWE shows - far better than the crappy Raw and the sorry excuse of a laughable joke called "ECW". I might just tune again this Friday.

Also, Kane VS Edge for the gold at The Great American Bash. Kane deserves to be champion. Enough said. Cena-Lashley? Give the title to Lashley. I'm so f****** sick and tired of Cena. Funnily enough, when Raw aired from Italy, the crowd booed Cena and cheered Edge, while in the US, it's the opposite. And Batista-Khali? Khali lost all credibility when he jobbed to Cena on I forgot how many occasions.

Cena. F******. Sucks. Get the point. Not to mention the horrible bling belt of his.

Now, back to TNA.

Abyss is turning face, and is aligning with sting. Oh please. Bring back the heel Abyss, and get rid of Sting, FFS.

TNA finally stopped jobbing LAX. They won against the Murder City Machine Guns. Good.

The match of champions is a good idea, but personally? I hate all the champions. Bring back Christian or the Phenomenal AJ Styles as champ... Christian has great mic skills and is a pretty darn good wrestler, and as for AJ... a fourth Triple Crown reign would be freaking sweet. This guy should be the face of TNA, not that fat-headed Angle, and not to mention the fat slob Samoa Joe being X Division Champ. WTF, Cornette, WTF?!? Okay, Joe has some good moves, but he's no X Division material!

As for the two fat jabronies of 3D... please, somebody take those belts away from them. Burn them. Get new ones. Give them back to LAX. Or Shelley-Sabin. Or VKM. Please, anyone but those fat pigs.

Gnarf, if you like plain old wrestling, are you a ROH fan? I've been watching it for a while, and this is wrestling in it's purest essence - no blah-blah, minimal storylines, great wrestling. Fight Network airs old episodes, but it's worth every second, IMO.

4. Gnarfflinger

I saw a bit of RoH when we had the Fight network on a free preview. I've been trying to talk the family into ordering it so I can keep watching. I also want to see more MMA...

5. Disciple of The Watch

HAHAHA! My wish was granted - 3D lost the belts!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Victory Road was GREAT. First, nearly all matches were won by heels, which is GREAT, and the matches were MUCH better than Slammiversary, except VKM vs Hemme, Hoyt and the two jabronies (don't remember their names) - this feud is getting old.

Main thing is, Joe won the Tag belts, but the question remains - who will he choose as co-title holder? There is a mutual respect between Joe and Rhino that hints Joe might choose Rhino, but apart from Rhino, I don't really see who Joe trusts enough to take as tag team partner.

Fight Network rocks - I digged it so much I ended up keeping it. There was a special offer of 5 extra channels for five bucks, so I took Fight, ESPN Classic (for the old TNA PPVs), Spike (for iMPACT!), Fox (for SmackDown). I know that makes four - the fifth one was Discovery, which I already had. It was moved into the five new ones.

ROH has gone to PPV, and there's one PPV coming this week, I think. If they could improve the video and sound quality, and hire commentators with a little more pep, they'd definitively give TNA a run for their money.

6. Gnarfflinger

Actually the ROH stuff I did see had some guys that are in TNA now, like Samoa Joe, Homocide, and half the X division...

7. Disciple of The Watch

Many current TNA stars actually made their debut in RoH, that's true. Some of the guys worked both promos at the same time too.

Observing the guys from TNA in RoH tells you TNA and RoH are worlds apart - Joe was World Champion for nearly a year and a half, Homicide held the belt too, though I can't remember for how long. And who could forget the 60-minutes bout of Joe defending the World Title against CM Punk?

RoH is wrestling in it's purest essence, with almost none of the riduculous storylines, and this is exactly what I like. It's in fact growing to dethrone TNA - the more RoH I watch, the more I like it.

I personally think that TNA severing ties with RoH was a HUGE mistake, but then again, that's just my opinion.

8. Disciple of The Watch

Zapping on the Fight Network yesterday, I stumbled upon Pro Wrestling NOAH, a Japanese wrestling promotion. I recognized Kobashi during the intro, so out of curiosity, I watched it.

This is another pure wrestling promotion. No storylines, no crap like that - yes, there ARE feuds, but no blahblahblah - just fighting.

Kobashi was part of a six-man tag team match with Junior Lightweights - Kobashi was basically captaining them. Another dude captained the other team, I can't remember his name, but he is a long rival of Kobashi.

Anyway, Kobashi and the other dude eventually got in the ring together. It was a good brawl, and Kobashi unleashed his famous "Machine gun chops" - he dished out like 47 chops in 15 seconds, it was totally crazy.

The other matches were also high quality. I definitively will tune in at every episode.

Also, my bro gave me a DVD of the Joe VS Kobashi match on RoH - man, that match was f****** AWESOME!

As for TNA, Test WAS signed, and made his debut at the iMPACT! tapings this monday. He's now known as "The Punisher" Andrew Martin, and - gah, I hate having to say that - he's a face. He's basically an equalizer in the war between the Coalition & Sting and Abyss.

Speaking of Sting and Abyss, Abyss once again got laid to waste by the Coalition. While getting a bag of broken glass from under the ring, he was dragged under the ring and beaten up by I assume Mitchell's new monster, Judas Mesias. At any rate, Abyss was a bloody mess when he got out from under the ring, so Styles and Tomko dragged him to the ring.

Tomko then chokeslammed Sting into the broken glass (yes, yes), and just as Tomko was about to chokeslam Abyss as well, Cage got a bag of thumbtacs and dropped on them on top of the broken glass! Tomko then two-handed chokeslammed Abyss into the pile of glass and tacs. This was such a beatiful scene it brings a tear to my eye. Ahh, the sweet destruction of Abyss and Sting.

But back to Tomko. Man, the strength of that guy! He chokeslammed 350 pounds like it was nothing!

9. Gnarfflinger

I keep waiting for Andrew Martin to swirve Sting and Abyss.

I am also waiting to see this "new monster" that James Mitchel has promised. Something tells me that he will be making his presence felt at Hard Justice.

Meanwhile, they're going overboard to play Kurt Angle as a heel. Bringing in his family (supposedly) for verbal abuse was just way over the line, but I'll be hoping that Samoa Joe chokes the s*** out of him...

10. Disciple of The Watch

It'll probably happen down the line. Martin is naturally a heel - look back at his ECW days. Something tells me it's bound to happen at Hard Justice... Martin is Coalition (therefore heel) material, not Sting and Abyss' lackey. And what's with that ring name? "The Punisher"? And calling Styles a wimp? Not sure you'd survive a match with Styles, Martin. Seems the guy needs an history lesson about AJ being the first and only Triple Crown Champion, not once, not twice, but THREE times - and if he'd grab the Heavyweight title one mroe time, he'd be a FOUR time Triple Crown Champ.

Judas Mesias? Well, there were rumors he was supposed to debut in yesterday's iMPACT, but didn't. I have a hunch that when Abyss got pulled under the ring, it was by Mesias. But yeah, like you, I feel he will debut at Hard Justice, maybe after the Doomsday Chamber of Blood match, giving Christian and the Coalition a little help in their war. Mitchell's and Cage's interests coincide for the moment: Take out Abyss.

Don't get me wrong; Abyss was a great heel. Now that he's turned face and started to talk, he's lost the essence of his persona. I hope he and Sting gets destroyed once again by the Coalition - and destroyed [hard. Tomko chokeslamming Abyss into broken glass and thumbtacs was AWESOME.

*EDIT* On Judas Mesias: According to what I've heard, his debut will indeed be at Hard Justice, and it's said he will be "Abyss' worst nightmare ever", and will appear on the next iMPACT! to further torment Abyss. It seems Mesias and Mitchell are indeed hell-bent on breaking Abyss. This is good.

Yeah, that was too much. Next week's iMPACT will feature Kurt's reaction to his wife's impending "divorce". I don't like Samoa Joe, but I too do hope he destroys Angle once and for all. The lesser of two evils, I guess. *shrugs*

[ August 04, 2007, 06:43: Message edited by: Disciple of The Watch ]

11. Gnarfflinger

Samoa Joe has the potential to be a top tier star, but you'd never rest the company on his shoulders. I see him as a top in ring talent, but a second rate talker. He'll hold gold, but he won't dominate like he did when he first came.

TNA s trying ot push the envelope with their guys. With Jeff Jarrett out after the death of his wife, and a number of guys that they lean on getting older, they need the next wave to come forward. Christian Cage and Rhyno are good, but they need Joe, the guys from AMW and a few others to step up.

12. Gnarfflinger

Umaga may be making a face turn. He was in a match with Cena, lost (DQ perhaps, I didn't pay much attention because it was Cena). Ornton and Carlito jumped Cena but tried to get Umaga to join the attack on Cean. Somehow they pissed him off. He threw Ornton out of the ring and just about knocked out Carlito...

13. Disciple of The Watch

Yeah, I heard about it. Even worst, he's teaming up with Cena next week. Some wrestlers naturallt are better as faces or heels, and Umaga is a natural heel. Let's just hope that this turn was but a fluke and that it'll be a 3 on 1 beating next Monday. I'm sick and tired of Cena. Funnily enough, back when RAW was in Milan, the fans cheered Edge & Orton, and *booed* Cena.

As for TNA, and speaking of face turn, LAX has made one. Did you heard that new horribly sucky theme? It sucks so bad it gives me shivers just thinking about it. VKM have made a heel turn (or so it seems, they're going head-to-head with LAX at Hard Justice), which is good. TNA seems to be intent on revamping the Tag Team Division - 3D, The Steiners, VKM, LAX and Murder City Machine Guns. There were talks of an X-Division Tag Team Championship, though Jarrett isn't too keen on the idea, I'm told - he feels the more titles you have the less they mean.

iMPACT getting a two-hour slot looks to be happening this autumn - they're moving UFC to another day, I heard. I'm not sure whenever TNA going two hours is a good thing or not.

14. Gnarfflinger

I think that 2 hours of TV time will give them more time to develop talent. The more we see of the X-division, the better!

15. The Shaman Gems: 28/31

BTW, is there a definition of "face" that includes more than being a "good guy?" I didn't like the Rock or Cena personas, but I don't think I remember a "good" guy whose persona I really liked.

16. Disciple of The Watch

Speaking of the X-Division... there are rumors that it might be phased out. The biggest storylines are more and more focused on heavyweights than X-Division stars, and the same rumors hold that the winner of the match at Hard Justice would unify the Heavyweight and X-Division and therefore discard the X-Division.

Let's just hope it's but rumors. The X-Division is extremely entertaining to watch, even though there are some X-Division stars I'd fire without any second thoughts - like that laughable "Black Machismo" or the "words fail me to describe" Guru Sonjay Dutt.

Shelley and Sabin should get a push. Styles should stop being Cage's cronie and focus on regaining the X-Division title. Daniels is the current #1 contender, and I hope he takes the title away from Joe (because my money is on Joe at Hard Justice). X-Division Tag Team titles would also be another good option.

BTW, Gnarff... you were right about Umaga. He's officially classified as face.

Well, there was Stone Cold, who could be considered "a face with an attitude", and also Triple H, Kane or The Undertaker.

Being a face doesen't necessarely means being a good guy, though those same faces usually end up fighting heels, aka the "bad guys". That technically makes them good guys. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

17. The Shaman Gems: 28/31

Yeah, I kinda wonder if he was a face with too much attitude, or a popular heel. I guess the former might be closer. Mind you, I think there is a bit too much attitude in many personas imo... It starts to ring awfully fake at some point, especially when you couple it with boatloads of crowd-pandering. It is one of the reasons I quickly got tired of the Rock, and roll my eyes whenever I see Cena.

BTW, I used to love a few classic Bret Hart matches, and I heard that his niece - Netty Neidhart, iirc - had gone in the business. Has anyone heard of her?

18. Disciple of The Watch

Another wrestler passes away... this time, it's Brian "Crush" Adams.

No details as to the cause of his death so far.

Actually, I did. She currently wrestles in a federation whose name I can't quite remember... I saw it on the Fight Network, I'll check for the name. She's quite the fighter, BTW.

19. Disciple of The Watch

The rumors of phasing out the X-Division aren't true, I've heard.

TNA is in negociations to expand to two hours, just so you know, and there are plans to give the X-Division it's spot in the spotlight if/when TNA goes two hours.

Angle will defend against.... gah, this hurts just to type... the ridiculous Lethal. Daniels had secured a title shot, but since he was pinned at HJ, Cornette made him fight for his shot. The idiot Lethal won again, and Daniels was robbed of his title shot.

I take solace in the fact that the one thing that stands between Lethal and the X-Division belt is Kurt Angle. I'd be delighted to see Kurt Angle Ankle locking Lethal and actually breaking the moron's ankle.

The two fat pigs of 3D claim loud and proud they want a rematch for the Tag team Titles. I actually like 3D better since the heel turn.

The big babyface Abyss earned a shot at the World Heavyweight Championship. We've already seen these two clash in the past - and Angle prevailed. The belt is better off with Angle than Abyss.

Speaking of which, Judas Mesias didn't appeared at HJ. Come on, Mitchell, unleash your monster, I want to see Abyss' worst nightmare become true.

TNA has once again spit in the face of the hardcore legend of Raven by jobbing him to the f****** moronic Kaz. A big boot, keeping Raven down?!? I don't think so. F*** you, TNA. STOP JOBBING RAVEN! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

20. Gnarfflinger

Pacman Jones is going to bomb. Sure he brings publicity and media attention, but eventually, the controversy will overwhelm TNA, and they will have to send him packing. They are pushing him too fast and too hard, and he will not deliver the goods in the ring.

Team Pacman is a joke. Who's Angle going to get for a mystery partner? It's narrowed down to Inky, Pinky, Blinky and Clyde...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.