1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Wrestling: Random babbling

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Disciple of The Watch, Dec 21, 2006.

1. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Last night, when the Internet was out, I watched ECW One Night Stand 2006. Even without the abomination that Vince would force down our throat under that name, the PPV was stil enjoyable. It brought up a few interesting observtions...

First: The matches were amazing. The focus was on the action, not about a storyline. I loved it!

Second: JBL really drew some great heat! There just isn't someone worth his best material for him to rip on. Get him really pissed off at someone, and he can get a crowd wanting to kick his ass! Or to pay to see someone kick his ass...

Third: John Cena actually can wrestle. Note to the writers--He'd get over better if you'd let him actually wrestle once in a while...

Fourth: The crowd felt like a real crowd. They chant what they want to chant, not what someone tells them to chant. While they were usually not suitable for repetition here, you could feel that they were more demanding than most WWE crowds.

Fifth: Vince McMahon really needs to submit his writers to drug testing and back off the guys that like to smoke a little pot after the show...

2. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Speaking of You-can't-see-me...

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2015
  3. Gnarfflinger

That's what's missing from Wrestling today: Austin. The guy that does what he damned well pleases with no regard for who he punks out. The guy that livens up the crowd just when his music hits.

4. Disciple of The Watch

Remember the persistent rumors of a WM25 final Austin match.

Currently watching the good ol' days of the true ECW. Good memories, those are. Then it's more CZW.

5. Gnarfflinger

I'm liking what they are doing with Jeff Hardy. His ring work will make him popular, and the angle will put him into fights with anyone...

6. Disciple of The Watch

It appearantly won't last. Expect another face turn -- and possibly a strap run -- shortly.

And I think that after all those years, they finally found something proper to do with Hardy. If only he could stay as that lunatic reckless mofo...

7. Disciple of The Watch

Just as I suspected -- and unfortunately -- You-can't-see-me... argh, I can't say it, it hurts too much.

On a totally different (thankfully) note... I got three words: Ministry. Era. Undertaker.

8. Gnarfflinger

Well, Jeff HArdy is the New Champion on Smackdown. That can't sit well with Edge and Vicky...

And Kozlov beating Matt Hardy was in interesting twist.

I don't know if I like what they're doing with Kane. Terrorizing a woman is not cool, but sending him as a psycho after Miz was...

9. Disciple of The Watch

Kane getting into another crappy angle? Can't say I'm surprised. They make something decent out of him then rebury him.

As for Hardy, that leaves a bittersweet taste. I suspect he's gonna go back to being that disgusting fan favorite and not that crazy lunatic tweener.

10. Gnarfflinger

Don't get me wrong, I loved seeing Miz get tombstoned, but terrorizing a Diva is just wrong. With Batista out with a concussion, and JBL as a heel, who does Blah have that could stand up to him?

11. Disciple of The Watch

Duh, You-can't-see-me, the Hero of Monday Night Blah.

Here's a little Xmas present, Gnarff... a drunken death match between two of the sickest mofos IWA-MS has ever known - you'll see them regularely take shots of tequila! Booze and violence, can you think of a better combo?

12. Gnarfflinger

Thanks. I'll have to check it out when the high speed comes back on...

Edit: That was good. Thanks DotW. May Santa be good to you and Boxing Day be even better!

Last edited: Dec 22, 2008
  13. Disciple of The Watch

Somehow, I knew it was right down your alley as well, Gnarff...

Don't know if it's true, but plans for WMXXV have been leaked - which confirms that Taker does indeed retire at WMXXV. The storyline isn't yet clear but it appearantly involves both Kane and the HBK (his WMXXV opponent). It's supposed to give Kane some MUCH NEEDED credibility and give the Has Been Kid a heel turn. It also says Taker will plainly just disappear after some post-match theatricals, I guess.

14. Gnarfflinger

From what I've heard, it's time for the Dead Man to ride off into the sunset. I half expect Vince to screw this up royally...

15. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

It's ironic that with a guy called the Undertaker it would be HBK that would end the careers of 2 of the biggest stars in the business.... I was actually hoping for him to retire sometime soon, or at least push the new talents while he's still got some credibility. Not that he still can't do a decent match every now and then, and the Jericho feud was one of the best this year, but still - there are guys who need the push more than he does, and he can still teach them a thing or two.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2008
  16. Disciple of The Watch

Mike Awesome is one hardcore M'Fer. EC-F'N-W!

17. Gnarfflinger

Yeah, he will be missed. It's a shame how many ECW originals we've lost in the last 5 years...

18. Disciple of The Watch

Hey, Gnarff, if you want some more ultraviolence, check out XPW. Those guys are a bunch of hardcore M'Fers. The promotion feuded with CZW... just imagine what kind of feud you can expect when one of the two involved parties is CZW.

19. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Hahaha @ "Then I will be the ultimate powerbroker in XPW". Old school villain stuff here - give the man a black cloak! The match looked good though.

20. Disciple of The Watch

Pity XPW went down. I admit I am curious to see how far they could have gone with sufficient funding and talent. Just imagine if XPW could have launched a ROH-esque interpromotional feud with CZW, complete with a Cage of Death... the words that come to mind are "bloodbath", "carnage", "broken bones" and "sheer brutality and boundless violence", "This guy's dead" and "Someone call 911!"

Pity this will never happen.

And on a different note, let's take a trip to the good ol' days. WATCH THAT DOUBLE DIVE!

And, a Mexican Deathmatch featuring Tajiri!

And just because I can, an awesome shoot by The Mad Scientist Heyman on Vince. Every damn word Heyman says echoes nothing pur the pure, unadultered truth.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.