1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Wrestling: Random babbling

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Disciple of The Watch, Dec 21, 2006.

1. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Gnarff, there is no more Cruiserweight division. So the lower-card US title wins by default.

The Jesse/Festus moving skit is an angle to promote SD's move to MyNetworkTV. Seeing as I get SD on The Score, I really could care less.

Didn't knew Kozlov had an MMA background. I suspect he will go through the usual monster heel routine. I do not believe he could fill Taker's shoes either.

Vickie is getting tombstoned this Friday night. About damn time. Show vs Taker at NM. Whatever.

On an even more whatever note - the joke Carlito and his runt of a brother are winning the Tag Team championships this Friday. Goes to show how pathetic the tag team division has become.

2. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

All of what you included are excelent reasons to abandon the brand system and return to one roster and get as much Television exposure as networks will pay for.

This means that you will have all your top stars in one division with one prize. The ones that can't keep up will simply drop down a division. This means that there would be opportunities to re-establish a Cruiserweight and hardcore championship. There would actually be a real tag team division (assuming that they can get credible teams to challenge the Hardy's), and really intense action.

3. Disciple of The Watch

There's a poll on Wish We Were Entertaining.com asking who between the Truth, Kozlov and the Colons (which, BTW, is immensely hilarious, as "colon" is an insult in French), and Kozlov's leading the poll. So I think it's but a matter of time before he trashes the current US Champ.

No word as to whenever payment for my CZW DVD has arrived yet. The wait is killing me - I need a fix of Ultraviolence.

4. Gnarfflinger

With a ittle luck, I may be able to have ToD 1 shortly. Then I can see what you're always talking about...

5. Disciple of The Watch

I've said it before, but I'll say it again - CZW is the OLD, TRUE ECW on crack. The final of the ToD1 is a 200 light tube matches... and the ropes are laced with barbed wire.

The ToD1 has some pretty damn good moments - like Wifebeating giving Necrobutcher a serious ass-whipping. Nick Gage vs Wifebeater in a panes of glass match is another SICK match.

Basically:

Quarter finals
    John Zandig VS Nate Hatred - Barbed wire boards match

Quarter finals (Zandig VS Hatred ends up in a draw)
    The Messiah vs Adam Flash

Quarter finals
    Necrobutcher vs Wifebeater - regular Deathmatch

Quarter finals
    Hardcore Nick Gage vs Mr. Insanity Toby Klein - Barbed wire and nailboard match

Quarter finals
    Sick Nick Mondo vs Homeless Jimmy - regular Deathmatch

Semi-finals
    Hardcore Nick Gage vs Wifebeater - Panes of Glass match

Semi-finals
    Messiah vs Sick Nick Mondo - Regular Deathmatch (LOTS of light tubes involved)

Finals
    Wifebeater vs Sick Nick Mondo - 200 Light tubes and barbed wire match.

Personally, I found the ToD2 better, but the ToD1 is a damn good introduction to CZW.

6. Gnarfflinger

Well, the torrent is also queued for ToD 2 as well...

7. Disciple of The Watch

Gnarff, now that I think about it, the ToD1 is split into three separate MPEG videos - I sent you the link of the very same torrent I got my friend to download for me. If you're up to 90%, this means part 1 and part two are fully downloaded, which means you could very well watch them, and watch them like, say, RIGHT NOW.

8. Gnarfflinger

I think I'm missing pieces of al three. Mind you after a good day on the Download, I'm over 97%...

---------- Added 1 hours, 19 minutes and 22 seconds later... ----------

In other news, Brayden Walker (TNA name Christopher Harris) has been released after two ECW matches. Are you sure it was his idea to break up AMW? Or was someone afraid that he's hurt James Storm's back carrying him?

9. Disciple of The Watch

Harris was released sometime ago. Yes, breaking up AMW was his idea, he wanted a singles run. Look for yourself just how succesfull Harris' single run has been versus Storm's. Harris' release had a lot of people in TNA smiling. They consider him a prime example of the grass not always being greener on the other side.

Harris screwed it up, and Storm is growing to become one, if not the best heel in TNA. Sorry 'bout your damn luck. Beer Money is also quickly rising as one of the top tag teams in TNA. Storm & Roode remind me of the heel AMW era, but on crack.

*EDIT* YESSSS!!! My CZW DVD is gonna arrive this week!!!!!!!! :bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes:

Last edited: Sep 27, 2008
  10. Gnarfflinger

About 98.5% on ToD1, and High speed likely tomorrow or Tuesday...

Wrestling awards

An interesting read for fans of Wrestling History. Some surprising names on some of the negative awards!

11. Disciple of The Watch

LMAO, Worst Show in 2007 - TNA iMPACT.

Tag Team of the year 2007: Briscoe Brothers (Jay Briscoe and Mark Briscoe) (ROH) - DAMN RIGHT. Those guys are outstanding!

Fight of the year 2007: Randy Couture vs. Tim Sylvia (Columbus, OH, March 3) - The Maine-Iac colliding with The Natural. Did you REALLY expect anything less?

Worst Television Announcer 2007: Don West (TNA) - LMAO. So true.

Most Disgusting Promotional Tactic 2007: TNA signing Pacman Jones/Making it Rain (TNA) - Indeed, it was PATHETIC.

Worst Promotion of the Year 2007: Total Nonstop Action Wrestling - LMAO.

12. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I need to check those awards. Yet... John Cena as the most charismatic wrestler 3rd year in a row, as well as best on interviews? Come on. Him getting the Ric Flair award for carrying the entire promotion? I can understand selling the most merchandise, but that, no way.

On a somewhat unrelated role: HHH and Jeff Hardy ruined what might have been one of the best big men battles in WWE this year, if not more. Damn it, wiseguys, don't you have something better to do?

Last edited: Sep 29, 2008
  13. Gnarfflinger

DotW: It just goes to show you that Vince Russo knows how to write storylines, but has absolutely no talent for it, whatsoever!

14. Gnarfflinger

Tournament of Death finished downloading some time this morning, and I got to watch it this evening. You weren't kidding about the violence! I loved it! And nothing seen during the show could prepare for the main event...

Tournament of Death 2 is queued, and I'm trying to think of keywords to find more CZW stuff. Maybe I can look at you tube...

15. Disciple of The Watch

Gnarff, try searching for Cage of Death on Youtube - especially the Cage of Death 5, you know, Team Ultraviolence vs the Hi-V.

As for the ToD1... awesome, isn't it? Classic moment is when Wifebeater pours salt in Mondo's wounds... or the weedwhacker shot to the stomach.

16. Gnarfflinger

I also have a link to CZW on Youtube bookmarked.

I have to say the Weedwhacker was much more than I would have expected. But seeing it, it does mke sense. Not enough to seriously injure, but enough to hurt like a mother--you get the picture...

ION, I finally understand why we see so much of John Seen-it

Unfortunately, his best asset, his willingness to do whatever was asked of him, is also his greatest weakness. He is too busy doing what the crack addicted monkeys in the creative department are telling him to do. HHH is so good because he knows enough to stand up to the writers if the story line sucks, and he has a good sense of the quality of their work.

Because Cena seldom takes any time off, his body does not recover from the strain the business puts on him. If he doesn't sell his soul to the boys at Balco, he will likely see more injuries. Thes injuries will be more often and will keep him out longer...

17. The Shaman Gems: 28/31

Oh, is that the Heyman article? I follow his pieces when I see them; that man has quite some experience in the business and a view I often agree with. I wish he wrote more often, though - or, even better, took a more active role in the business ;)

And speaking of articles, what do you think of this: Angle calls for an end to TNA gimmicks ?

18. Disciple of The Watch

I suggest he keeps going like a madman for a couple more years then retire because he's over the hill.

As for the Weedwhacker shot, Big Mack Smack was holding Sick Nick Mondo, and that's what allowed the Wifebeater to nail that shot. It was definitively a turning point -- Sick Nick Mondo would have won, for sure.

And the ToD2 is just as good, if not better - good ol' CZW panes of glass, Four Corners of Pain, Barbed Wire Boards, Fans Brings The Weapons, Light tubes matches... and the final is another SICK 200 light tubes match.

The highlight of the ToD2, IMO, is Zandig vs Sick Nick Mondo. Light tubes + stacked tables + Mother F'N Bomb from the roof - you do the math.

19. Gnarfflinger

Great Article, Shaman. And I think Vince would do well to listen to this too. What I get sick of is that most of the time WWE starts their show with 15 minutes of verbal masturbation in the ring. I'm sorry, the only time a wrestler should have a microphone in the ring s when he's hitting someone in the head with it!

ToD 2 is up to 82.8% downloaded, I could have it tomorrow morning if I'm lucky. When I have time to sit and watch videos, I have found an Official CZW section on You Tube...

Might have to look for some WSX too.

20. The Shaman Gems: 28/31

Oh boy, I agree. Though there are many wrestlers who have proven they know what to do with a microphone (apart from busting someone's head), it is incredibly annoying to know that the first 10-15 minutes of every freaking weekly program will be devoted to inane chatter and retelling of the previous episode. Hello, episode 214 of As the world turns... oh, sorry, Smackdown. Or was that Impact? Let me see how many sides the ring has, I'll be right back.

Oh, and by the way, guess what happened after Kurt Angle's interview. Jeff Jarrett has apparently been less than happy about Mr. Olympic Gold Medallist's outspoken ways, and has decided to... incorporate this in their current angle. I kid you not.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2008
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.