1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Wrestling: Random babbling

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Disciple of The Watch, Dec 21, 2006.

1. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

After the Honk-O-Meter I would not be surprised if Santino is planned for a fairly long, but less than glorious, reign. As I said before, it's somewhat of a pity because the guy can put up a decent fight - anyone who has gone through the Japanese MMA circuits knows how to dish the whooped ass. Beth... I'd love to see her kick the ass of that hyperactive supergirl MJ, but I don't know if I'll see it happen. For crying out loud, is there a way we could have at least one face deva that doesn't look like a total ditz? At least to, you know, even the score a little?

Jericho & HBK do some good stuff once again. I have to say, Edge, MVP, HHH, Michaels, Cena and a few others can do good on the mic at times, but no one can deliver a line just as well as Chris Jericho. This guy talks so naturally and with such conviction that you can just see it happen. No bluster, no BS, pure cold, cutting gold.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2008
  2. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

The Has Been Kid and Jericho appearantly worked closely together in pitching in ideas for their feud. Not sure who gets the upper hand, but with a little luck Jericho will win - I'm freaking sick of the Has Been Kid.

There are talks of Undertaker's WM streak ending next year. Not too surprised, but what disgusts me is that one of the names that's been thrown around as to who will end the streak is Ted DiBiase. Vince wants to push him as the next Randy Orton.

Personally, I think this is a pretty damn stupid idea. Kane is a heel, Undertaker a face. Undertaker himself said he doesen't mind losing to Kane at WM. Morons at the creative department, for once in your life have half a mind, it doesen't take a genius to figure that a heel Kane vs a face Undertaker, with a proper feud culminating at WM25 IS the most fitting end to Undertaker's illustrious career.

Ted DiBiase... give me a [censored] break.

3. The Shaman Gems: 28/31

Ted DiBiase? Like... Junior? Just where did you hear that BS, DotW? If they want a Randy Orton, they already have one and he's not doing half bad. They have Kane, as you mentioned, and on Smackdown itself they have Triple H and Edge (normally I would not consider him, but after feuding for the better part of an year they can certainly build on this angle) . Heck, Umaga, Big Show, MVP, Kennedy, Jeff Hardy - any of these are imo more credible than Ted DiBiase. The guy is currently a member of a tag team that was torn apart by Cena and embarassed by, of all teams, Cryme Tyme. Oh, and which needed the assistance of MizMorrison to get revenge. Cryme Tyme, for crying out loud.

And they are thinking that this guy is going to defeat Taker in 9 months? Orton was not only one of the more charismatic guys I've seen in the roster, but he had several years in one of the best stables the WWE has had in recent years, and a pretty impressive solo build-up before he got to that level. Ted might get somewhere in a few years, but whoever thought of him defeating the Undertaker at WM should have their house raided by the FBI - he's probably got a bigger stash than Keith Richards.

Speaking of guys with famous names, what happened to Davey Boy's boy? I haven't seen DH Smith in a single match yet. The guy looks decent, and if he has a bit of talent he can be one of the next generation WWE stars. Hey, if they do a British angle on him, they could have a UK version of Evolution with Regal and the Burchills, and maybe Finlay if they remember that there is such a place called Northern Ireland. It would certainly be better with what they are doing with them currently.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2008
  4. Disciple of The Watch

Here's the official article. Vince doesen't want the streak to end, but is open to a young rising star being the one to defeat the Deadman and benefit from the HUGE rub.

I stand firm by my idea that Kane should be the one to end the streak. First, this would be a masterful feud, if pulled off properly. Then, it would restore Kane a HUUUGE amount of desperately needed credibility. Plus, the Deadman and Kane appearantly already had talks in the past where Undertaker said he didn't mind losing to Kane, but Kane turned down the idea. This dates back a year or so ago, when the Deadman initially pondered retiring after what was supposed to be his longest WHC run ever.

Really, it's a no-brainer. Build the feud properly, hype the WM25 main event the way it should be, let those guys have what would sure as HELL be the MATCH OF THE FREAKING YEAR, and let the Undertaker retire with a gigantic bang on the biggest stage of them all.

I've said it before, Undertaker deserves an exit worthy of his long, illustrious and Hall of Fame career... and that does NOT include losing to a up-and-coming loser whose push is mediocre at best.

5. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Well, DotW, if they keep talking about DiBiase over Taker at WM, then maybe Vince will extend the wellness program to his writing and booking staff...

You havet o believe that Cena constitutes evidence that someone is high--ither that or Cena is holding some rather interesting pictures...

6. The Shaman Gems: 28/31

Well, in all honesty one of the other names can be Kane, and Ted Jr might have been suggested by someone who had a hangover ;) .

As for Cena, the guy appears reliable and willing to work for the company in all capabilities, so rewarding him for his efforts is ok. As long as he's around the midcard and not Supercena, I don't really mind it that much.

7. Gnarfflinger

It's the over-promotion of (or possibly misuse of) Cena that I'm complaining about. I just want to see more out of the guys at the top of the food chain. 20 years ago, I cheered loudly for Hogan, but now I've been spoiled by guys that are more versatile...

8. The Shaman Gems: 28/31

So... Jericho is the current WWE champ? Interesting.

9. Gnarfflinger

I see Punk vs Ornton as a really hot feud when he comes back...

10. Disciple of The Watch

HAHA! I said it was a matter of time till Jericho once again wears a World Championship - damn glad to see I was right!

11. The Shaman Gems: 28/31

And I'd say he wouldn't be a bad one, at all. With all due respect to Punk's pre-WWE abilities, he hasn't been particularly impressive there, and his mic skills are, well, nothing out of the ordinary.

Speaking of people good on the mike, Randy Orton did a pretty good job at Unforgiven. I loved how he dissed Worthless.

12. Gnarfflinger

Is it just me or will there be a new stable forming when Ornton returns? I see him with Rhodes, DiBiase and Manu running around behind him as the next generation of stars...

13. The Shaman Gems: 28/31

It is possible, to say the least, but I'm a bit wary of the idea. If it's not done well, Priceless and the other guy can end up being simple goons, like the Edgeheads were for La Familia - even if they have any talent, it would be wasted by unCreative by turning them into cannon fodder of the worst sort.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2008
  14. Gnarfflinger

This is WWE, of course they will screw this up!

15. Disciple of The Watch

Damn, you beat me to it.

They did got one thing right -- Jericho as World Champion.

16. martaug Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

That had to be the DUMBEST thing thay have done lately, disciple. He has a match earlier where he is beaten so bad he can't even defend himself & has to helped from the ring. Yet, miraculously, he is well enough to win the title half an hour later? Please that was just more stupid than normal.

17. The Shaman Gems: 28/31

Actually, it wasn't particularly surprising imo. It was like the MitB matches recently - they are used to get a title with little or no actual fight. It's not like Jericho actually did something to win the match, except covering.

18. Disciple of The Watch

Maybe Jericho had what many would consider a dubious title win, but keep one thing in mind - this guy was the first ever Undisputed Champion who BEAT BOTH STONE COLD AND THE ROCK in the SAME NIGHT. Never rule Jericho out -- he WILL be a fighting champ, and he's far, far less of a F'N JOKE than the straightedge tattooed You-can't-see-me-ized loser.

19. The Shaman Gems: 28/31

Well, in all honesty I guess a lot of people expected way more of Punk when he came to WWE. At any rate, I think Jericho can be a very decent champion, and it might provide a way for HBK to retire honorably after finishing the feud.

BTW, I still can't believe that for all the accusations of hypocricy and whatnot Jericho levels at HBK, he misses the big one: when Jericho knocked out Michaels' wife, it was Michaels' own fault that she was hurt. He dodged the punch intended for her - he CHOSE to save himself, and sacrifice her. Good grief, that line can so be used to get into his head, I can't believe it hasn't been mentioned yet. It ties seamlessly with the image of Michaels as a self-absorbed liar that Jericho speaks of, why not put it there? It's not exactly hard to come to, given how much HBK spoke of how his wife was knocked down.

I guess it might actually be too effective. Can't have our fans thinking about it, now can we?

Last edited: Sep 13, 2008
  20. Gnarfflinger

I just felt that shot was a little TOO choriographed. There is no way that Jerhico's fist should have been able to reach her face without her moving in a little too close...

That's one situation where I just can't suspend disbelief...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.