1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Wrestling: Random babbling

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Disciple of The Watch, Dec 21, 2006.

1. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Bad News Brown passed away recently. Apparent heart attack. He was 63.

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

That is sad. Bad News Brown was mean. 63 sounds like about the right age (unlike people like Ric Flair, who must be pushing 70, but claim to be less than 60)

3. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Flair turned 58 on February 25.

4. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Flair is *never* still throwing himself around a ring, surely? That's pretty sick if so.

5. Gnarfflinger

The bad news continues. Ernie Ladd passed away at the age of 68. He'd been battling Cancer since 2004.

6. Disciple of The Watch

Not to spite you, Gnarf, but I got to see Destination X since my bro ordered it on PPV, and man, that was f****** awesome!

Here are the results...

- Latin American Exchange & Konnan def. Team3D & Johnny Rodz in a Ghetto Brawl
    - James Storm & Jacqueline Moore def. Petey Willian & Gail Kim in a Double Bullrope Match
    - Senshi def. Austin Starr in a Crossface Chickenwing match
    - Voodoo Kin Mafia def. The Heartbreakers
    - Chris Sabin def. jerry Lynn in a Two out of Three falls to retain the X Division championship
    - Rhino def. A.J Styles in an Elevation X match
    - Angle def. Steiner
    - This one I can't believe... Sting def. Abyss in a Casket match
    - Cage def. Samoa Joe to retain the Heavyweight championship.

Overall, an awesome three hours of pure TNA.

7. Gnarfflinger

I envy you DotW. TNA is a superior product to TNA, but they don't have the TV time or financial resources to compete with Vince. If they did, then Vince would actually have to give a damn about the product...

8. Disciple of The Watch

Superior is an euphenism - it makes WWE look like a bad sports soap.

TNA has some great talents, and unlike WWE, faces and heels actually are credible - L.A.X make Rated-RKO look like elementary school bullies. I could go without the rapper gimmick, but those guys are damn good. Another laughable "heel" is Kevin Thorn - when you know that one of his old gimmicks was that of an Holy Avenger... he loses whatever little credibility he had. Face-wise, Senshi is pretty darn impressive with the mixed martial arts-esque moves. The list could go on and on...

Also, during this monday's Raw, there was a plug for an upcoming show, and I clearly heard "ECW's *KURT ANGLE*". WTF? Don't tell me Angle actually wants to return to WWE... he's one of the biggest stars of TNA, and if I remember correctly, he didn't liked ECW either... besides, the new ECW sucks.

9. Gnarfflinger

A place where legitimate talent goes to die.

Cause of death? Prolonged exposure to Vince McMahon's :bs: to the point where he thought he was a real superstar then a lethal reality shock when he realized how much that made him suck...

You don't suppose that Vince is actually going to spend money to promote ECW? Either that or he's worried about TNA that he's going to start paying out to lure TNA talent away from them in hopes of leaving TNA berift of actual talent...

10. Disciple of The Watch

Some of the TNA guys are actually loyal to the end - I remember Spike Dudley once received a contract to perform in a WWE PPV event, and he actually shredded it in front of the fans, saying he was "loyal to TNA'. TNA is MUCH superior to WWE, and if they can truly expand, they will become a very serious threat to WWE... or they will suffer the same fate than WCW.

The "new" ECW sucks. It's only the shadow of what it used to be, and Vince likes to use it to dump talents he doesn't want on other brands, has you said it yourself. Some of those matches are absolutely absurd - like Snitsky's first match, okay, he's dangerous and unpredictable, and he has the potential to be a serious threat to Lashley's ECW title, yet they pitted him against two no-names. Oh wow, how difficult can that be. :rolleyes: Oh, and never mind the rivalry between the New Breed and the Originals. The New Breed is laughable, while the originals have long proved themselves, but then again Vince rots everything he touches.

Blargh. I've wasted enough space about WWE. Excuse me while I go catch what I thought would never happen - Sting and Abyss as tag team partners.

11. Gnarfflinger

You're preaching to the chior, here. I've got Bloodsport, ECW's most Violent matches and the Rise and Fall of ECW. That's great stuff.

Trying to further establish Snitsky. Enough of the hype, let's get it on!

Marcus Cor Von was a High Mid Card guy in TNA. If Vince lets him step up, he could be a blue chipper. I'd like to see more of what Kevin Thorne can do. Elijah Burke has the makings of a mouthy guy that people would pay to see put through a table and still be able to look competent in a PPV match. Matt Striker needs a chance to get some experience and putting him in the limelight this early may be yet another mistake by Vince...

12. Gnarfflinger

The recent steroid probe netted 11 pro wrestlers, including Edge, Randy Ornton, Kust Angle and the late Eddie Guerrero...

13. Disciple of The Watch

Gnarf, want a good laugh? Vince McMahon got his head shaved at Wrestlemania tonight... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

WM23 final results...

- Undertaker defeats Batista for the World Heavyweight Championship and ticks up the undefeated streak to 15-0.

- Khali defeats Kane - Kane gave one hell of a fight and even SLAMMED Khali to the mat, he is the FIRST to do it. Khali won only thanks to a low blow the ref didn't see - Kane got screwed of his victory.

- Mr. Kennedy wins Money in the Bank... championship match against the Deadman, anyone?

- The ECW Originals defeated the New Breed after RVD Five-star frog splashed Striker. This is a HUGE victory for the originals.

- Chris Benoit defeats MPV - MVP worked on Benoit's arm and shoulder to disable the Crippler Crossface, but that doesn't matter, because a flying headbutt silenced the cocky MVP.

- Cena defeats HBK - No surprise here, though this was a pretty damn intense match.

- Melina defeats Ashley - Ashley lost my respect after she posed in Playboy, and man, I was glad to see her get her butt kicked.

- And, finally, Lashley defeated Umaga. McMahon brought Shane as backup plan, and just when it looked like McMahon would win (Shane did the count), the Rattlesnake opened a can of whoop-a** on Shane. Umaga gave the Rattlesnake TWO Samoan Spikes, and the Rattlesnake paid him back with a Stone Cold Stunner, and Lashley finished off Umaga. McMahon attempted to sneak out, but the Rattlesnake gave him a Stunner, Lashley carried him to the barber chair, he was strapped in, and Trump shaved McMahon's head, while the Rattlesnake looked on, sipping a cold one. And the cherry on the sundae? Trump got a taste of the Stunner.

[ April 02, 2007, 07:21: Message edited by: Disciple of The Watch ]

14. Gnarfflinger

You'd almost think that Vince didn't completely screw it up...

I'm waiting for Lockdown 2006 to come out on DVD. It's a TNA show where all the matches are cage matches...

15. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

For anyone who is a fan of wrestling, I recommend reading Shawn Michael's autobiography...I forget what its called...something Heartbreak...

Anyway, he talks about how all wrestling is fake...although some of it is pretty painfully real. The way it works is most fights are scripted with winners and losers already decided going into the match. Man, the wrestlers even TALK to each other during the match, sometimes improvising in dicey situations like Hell in a Cell and ladder matches...

16. Gnarfflinger

Mick Foley's first book talks about some of that too. I've got a few books on the topic I would like to get and read...

17. Disciple of The Watch

A little late, but better late than never...

Lockdown 2007 results

- VKM defeats Serotonin (Christy Hemme's team) - big surprise. The Kip-Christy feud is seriously riduculous, and rumor has it that Christy will find ANOTHER team to face VKM at Sacrifice. Will that s*** ever learn?

- Chris Sabin defeated Jay Lethal, Shark Boy, Alex Shelley and Sonjay Dutt to retain the X Division title - Shelley and Sabin worked pretty well together to take out Shark Boy and Dutt, and Sabin escaped before Lethal to retain his title.

- Robert Roode def. Petey Williams - This one sucks. I was hoping to see Roode get his butt kicked.

- Gail Kim def. Jackie Moore - This was an UNBELIEVABLE match! Instead of just escaping, Gail Kim climed all the way up to the steel cage and dropped straight on Moore! Finally, woman who's attributes doesen't stop at physical beauty. Gail Kim is hot, and she can kick some serious butt too.

- Senshi def. THE Austin Starr with Mr. Backlund as special referee - this one was rather boring.

- James Storm def. Chris Harris in a blindfold match - While the ref wasn't looking, Storm took off the hood and superkicked the hell out of Wildcat.

- Christopher Daniels def. Jerry Lynn - This one match made Lockdown worth it - The brawl lasted nearly 15 minutes and was one hell of a physical match, which ended after Daniels pinned Lynn following a Last Rites. Two thumbs up, this match rocked!

- Butterbean and Krispy Kreme (aka Team 3D) somehow defeated LAX in the electrified cage - I couldn't believe my eyes. Those two overweight morons actually beaten LAX. Fortunately, they have defended their titles against Cage & Abyss and will defend them tomorrow aginst Big Poppa Pump & Tomko. Expect a LAX retaliation anytime soon too. Butterbean and Krispy Kreme, I hope LAX whips your big fat arses.

- Team Angle def. Team Cage in the Lethal Lockdown - Sting got the pin after Jarrett told him to pin Abyss. Sting will face Cage at Sacrifice, and personally, I hope Cage whips his arse big time. Sting sucks. Faces sucks.

Also, I've been hearing rumors about Test going to TNA, though it's but speculation... it would add some spice to the already excellent TNA roster.

On the side of the insipid and intelligence-insulting WWE, Orton was suspended for "unprofessional behavior". Rumors hold he'll be out for six months.

18. Gnarfflinger

Actually, One rumour I heard about Ornton is that He left 30k damages in a hotel room. He has also been suspended before (kayfabed as injuries). He also had some problems with discipline while he was in the Marines. I think that his carreer will be short. I think his Gimmick has gone as far as Vince could push it though. How many more old geezers could Vince trot out for Ornton to punk out?

AS for TNA, Test would be a good jobber for big men, but I have trouble seeing him as a superstar.

And I still say that the Duddley Boyz are one of the best teams that TNA can muster noe that Team Canada has been disbanded and AMW is feuding. They need to take time and develop a tag team division...

19. Disciple of The Watch

Jobber? I think Test would be right at home in TNA, and I daresay I think he could be a very serious threat and the #1 contender for the NWA Heavyweight Championship - he's tough, he's ruthless - straight in line with the heels of Team Cage.

Yeah, so they are the most decorated tag teams... so what? As Konnan would say, all those belts are worthless. I am seriously looking foward to L.A.X's retaliation and see them get their titles back - L.A.X are a GREAT team, Homicide's technical style completes Hernandez's brute force. Can 3D say the same? No, they're just two fat pigs. You guess it, 3D hater here.

I find myself missing AMW. Wildcat and Storm made a great team... but nothing comes close to Styles & Daniels.

20. Gnarfflinger

Well, I'm no mark for Test, myself.

AS for the Duddleys, I miss their ECW days, and am happy seeing them still get respect, but TNA has left themselves desperately thin in the Tag Team division. They Have LAX, but few "teams" that can work with them. I think it's the experience of Bubba Ray and Devon that holds them in the match. VKM would get by on experience too, but there's no other competition for them...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.