1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Wrestling: Random babbling

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Disciple of The Watch, Dec 21, 2006.

1. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I prefered him as a heel, back in the days. Now that he's champion... he's just plain overrated. And I'm looking forward to see him against the Samoean Bulldozer - Cena has surprised me with his resilience in the past, though.

Actually, I am looking forward to seeing Rated RKO being stomped by DX. I certainly hope they make it painful. RKO are bastards.

Yeah, they're still around.

2. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Close. 3 out of four. Rick Rude died in 1997, I heard cancer related causes, but I also heard that he had cocaine in his system at the time...

Adrian Adonis died in a car accident in 1988 or 1989.

JYD also died in a car accident in 1999 or 2000. He was on his way to his daughter's college graduation...

3. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Just out of curiosity have any of you listened to Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band ever?

4. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I hated Hulk and now more seeing that he has a reality show about his life. He didn't have any decent move, that leg drop was stupid.
    I see that the Undertakes is still fighting...

5. Disciple of The Watch

New Year's Revolution results in...

Cena has BEATEN Umaga!!! I can HARDLY believe it!! The Samoen Bulldozer, DEFEATED! WOW! That was history in the making.

DX also SMASHED RKO and made them taste their own medicine of the conchairtos... the match ended in a no contest, but DAAAAAAAAMN... seeing Edge and his bitch Ordon bleed like pigs was SWEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!

Hardy beaten Nitro in the Steel Cage Match to retain his title... one sweet match as well - Hardy fought until the end to throw defeat in Nitro's face once again... hehe.

Dykstra beaten Ric Flair thanks to a low blow...

I haven't watched the other matches because they were of little interest... but man, New Year's Revolution was worth it!

6. Gnarfflinger

Umaga lost? Damn. Well, they didn't really develop anyone that could properly feud with him, but they could do so much with that gimmick...

RKO got bitch slapped. At least somethign good came from the show.

I would imagine that Hardy and Nitro stole the show...

7. Disciple of The Watch

Well, actually, The Great Khali was signed on Raw and I am more than certain he could beat Umaga with no problem - hell, Khali is the man who took the Undertaker to his limits, and has the potential needed to destroy everyone in his way.

Yeah - unfortunatly, The Game tore a quadriceps and will be out for 4 to 6 months. Now Shawn Michaels will have to fight both Orton and Edge...

Nitro vs Hardy was AWESOME. Nitro`s balls met a steel post, though, hehe. Nitro was almost out of the cage (he climed on the top), and Melina blocked the door - Hardy dropkicked it and got out as Nitro was stunned by the smack in the family jewels.

Hardy also succesfully defended his title against Dykstra. Nitro tried to make Hardy trip during the match, and then Flair punched Dykstra in the nuts, same thing Dykstra did to Flair at NYR.

O'Donnell vs Trump was a pretty darn funny match, I must say.

8. Gnarfflinger

The problem that Khali has is that he really has nobody to test him. Nobody will really know if he has what it takes to work in the business and sell tickets or not...

Triple H's injury was a serious blow to the company. Last fall, Angle left for the competition and Big Show has been forced to retire. ECW is mismanaged, the guys that need to step up aren't getting the chance or the fans just don't care...

9. Disciple of The Watch

Well, Undertaker has already defeated Khali in the past, and I think Umaga has what it takes to stand up to Khali. I would be curious to know what Raw has in mind for Khali and Umaga - a heated rivalry, or an alliance to dominate Raw? There are many possibilities.

Yeah, Raw without The Game will feel pretty empty. I'm curious as to what will happen to DX, though... I know Shawn Michaels can beat RKO, but can he do it, all by himself? We'll see monday, I guess.

And as for ECW, I think it is better off without Paul Heyman. I remember the screwjob which costed RVD the ECW title. I also remember Big Show losing it to Lashley, and RVD wanting it back... RVD was granted his chance, and there hasn't been one, but TWO matches - he first one ended in a double DQ when both RVD and Lashley were counted out, the second one ended with some steel chair interference from Test.

Interestingly enough, next week will feature a triple threat match for the ECW title, with Lashley facing Test and RVD at the same time. This is gonna be sweet.

10. Gnarfflinger

On Friday, January 19, 2007, Scott "Bam Bam" Bigelow passed away. For a big man, it was amazing to see the things he could do...

11. Disciple of The Watch

Yeah... there's a video tribute on WWE.com

Well, tonight was the Royal Rumble, and it was pretty darn intense.

Cena picked up the win on Umaga in a Last Man Standing match - man, Cena was completly crazed - he used the STFU and a ring rope to choke Umaga and pick up the victory. Now, Estrada, you can`t say this one was a fluke. The Samoen Bulldozer was, well, bulldozed to the point where he couldn`t even answer a 10-count.

The Deadman is heading to Wrestlemania. He last eliminated Shawn Michaels to pick up the victory. I'm not surprised Shawn Michaels made it this far - I mean he completly ravaged Edge last Monday on Raw, and Edge was about to get a Conchairto... until his bitch Orton interfered.

Batista won against the loudmouth Mr. Kennedy, and honestly, for a moment, I honestly thought he had the win, until Batista silenced him with his signature Batista Bomb.

The Hardys picked up a GREAT victory over MNM (take that, you cocky arrogant bastards). It was worth seeing Royal Rumble just for that.

ECW-wise, Test got completly obliterated by that f****** bitch Lashley. I'm positive the Impact Player has a couple tricks up his sleeves. We haven't seen the last of this rivalry, as Lashley pretty much confirms:

I personally would love to see Test take the ECW title away from that big bitch Lashley.

12. Gnarfflinger

I think that Test may have found a home in ECW. He needs to be in a smashmouth environment, and that's what ECW brought to the table...

13. Disciple of The Watch

Joyous day - Rated-RKO have lost their Tag Team champion titles!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Raw began with Shawn Michaels speaking about the fact he was serious in wanting to be the WWE Champion again, then Cena popped up, and it looked like Cena would agree to a championship match, until Edge and his bitch Orton popped up and sais they too wanted a shot at Cena's title. After some taunting from Cena, it looked like there would be a match... McMahon interfered and decreeted a Championship match for the Tag Team titles. Cena and Michaels would have to team up together...

The match pretty much looked like Rated-RKO would succesfully defend their titles - but Cena's resilience is absolutely stunning - I mean, the guy has been completly trashed by Umaga on RAW, then survived the Last Man Standing match against Umaga, so it was clear he wasn't at full performance. Anyway, Edge and his bitch Orton put on quite a beating on Cena, but he rose again, FUed Orton, and pinned him for the win... and championship.

So, Cena and Michaels are the new Tag Team champions... but there's a problem. While Michaels says he respects Cena, he is nontheless after Cena's WWE Champion title, so their reign as Tag Team champions might not last...

If the Deadman chooses to go after the WWE Champion title, then maybe the animosity will settle down... but if the Deadman goes after Batista or Lashley, then Michaels will probably demand a championship match versus Cena.

Personally, I think until The Game's return, Cena and Michaels could make a pretty potent team, especially since Michaels returned to his old Showstopper persona.

14. Gnarfflinger

An interesting twist:

TNA Wrestling is putting a show on Monday nights, opposite Raw. Now being in Canada, I can still watch both, and probably will, but some guys I know are saying that TNA will get destroyed...

Honestly, I think that Vince needs the competition. And the WWE needs to fire the McMahons...

15. Disciple of The Watch

Yeah... what an irony.

Some current WWE stars have served time in TNA - Jeff Hardy comes to mind. Some competition to WWE is good, I say.

Well, The Deadman will be challenging Batista at Wrestlemania... big surprise. :rolleyes:

Interestingly, Shawn Michaels will be facing Cena. Their reign as World Tag Team Champions will be short, mark my words.

As for Lashley, there are rumors floating around he might face Snitsky for the ECW World Championship.

Speaking of ECW, war is brewing up between the ECW originals and the new breed - just tonight, Thorn, Burke, Cor Von and Striker viciously attacked RVD after Burke defeated him, and it wasn't long before the other originals popped up to help their fellow Original. It's good to see the brotherhood between the Originals - they dislike the new ECW and I understand them - it was much better before Vince laid his hands on the ECW.

16. Gnarfflinger

WEll, I think that guys like Snitsky, Holly, Lashley, Test, Thorn and Cor Von would have fit well in ECW, but they need to make it work. And if feuding with the Originals will make it happen, then go for it. The biggest problem is Vince though. He has used ECW as a place for the guys he doesn't want on Raw or Smackdown. Some of them will fit in, but other will be an embarassment. Let's hope that they right guys win...

17. Disciple of The Watch

No Way Out quick update...

Chris Benoit & The Hardys won against MVP & MNM when Joey Mercury tapped out of Benoit's Crippler Crossface - a pretty darn intense match, but I doubt we have seen the last of MNM & The Hardys's rivalry.

Chavo Guerrero joined the Cruiserweight open, and pinned Jimmy Wang Yang to capture the title.

Finlay & Little Bastard defeated Boogeyman & Little Boogeyman - this is another rivalry I'm positive we haven't seen the last of.

Lashley completly obliterated Mr. Kennedy and out him through a barrage of steel chair blows... I never seen Lashley so pissed off. Technically, Kennedy won via DQ.

Cena & HBK won after Batista spinebusted the Deadman and exited the ring. HBK superkicked the Deadman and Cena FUed him. Team SmackDown would have won, would it not be for Batista's treachery. I hope the Deadman destroys you at Wrestlemania, Batista.

Kendrick & London served Deuce & Domino their first defeat, and retained the SmackDown Tag Team Championship.

Kane obliterated King Booker, but Booker claims Kane's victory is tainted. Rematch ahead?

[ February 19, 2007, 07:27: Message edited by: Disciple of The Watch ]

18. Disciple of The Watch

That might just have been fixed - there is a rivalry brewing between Khali and Kane, and I heard rumors of a possible match at Wrestlemania... though it's still just rumors. The Big Red Monster only has a 3 inches and 90 pounds difference versus Khali - Khali pushed Kane and he just went back of a feet or two - and Kane is significantly faster than Khali - tossing Khali over the roped is not small feat.

The Big Red Monster VS The Great Khali... if it indeed happens, WM 23 will be one to remember.

Now excuse me while I go catch TNA.

Also, Test was released from WWE for violating the "WWE Wellness policy", whatever that is.

19. Gnarfflinger

Probably something Drug related.

In other News, Former ECW champion, Mike Awesome was found dead recently. It's a shame to see another former ECW guy die so young.

Khali vs Kane will be pretty good, Lashley will beat Umaga, Taker will win his match, and HBK will job to Cena. I think WM 23 has letdown written all over it...

If I had the money to get PPV, I'd be ordering TNA. I like the action, not the BS that Vince serves up...

20. Disciple of The Watch

Agreed. I haven't been following TNA for very long, but I prefer it to Raw, SmackDown and even ECW. Less blah-blah, more action.

Besides, TNA have some pretty good guys signed up - Abyss, for example. For a big man, he is incredibly agile and alarmingly fast... I also kinda like LAX and of course, Angle.

As for the PPV, there are a couple of good matches so far - Steiner VS Angle, Cage VS Samoa Joe (IIRC), AJ Styles VS Rhino... that's gonna kick some serious butt.

Probably. Khali VS Kane is actually viable - they're pretty much shoulder-to-shoulder, but I doubt this will be a clean victory.

Lashley VS Umaga... I don't really like Lashley, but nontheless he has prevailed over everything thrown on his way, so he'll squash Umaga, for sure. Besides... Umaga may be strong, but not exactly the incarnation of endurance - he lost twice to Cena, including a Last Man Standing.

Taker VS Batista - Batista has taken an awful lot of experience during the last year, but the odds are against him. He might put up a fight, but ultimately Undertaker will devour him. It's been ages since Taker has been champ - it's gonna be a magnificent sight to see the Deadman bearing the gold once again.

Cena VS HBK - Come on. HBK is dreaming in colors if he think he has what it takes to defeat Cena. Sure, HBK's good, but Cena is resilient like no other. There's just no way he can win that.

Triple H is scheduled to return in July - I'm positive there will be sooner or later a match where Cena and HBK will lose their Tag Team Champions title, and probably to Rated-RKO. Would be a grand sight if DX could get the darn titles.

As for Test, it's a pity, he was one hell of a wrestler. I think he actually could fit in at TNA pretty well. Not sure it will ever happen, though.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.