1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Wrestling: Random babbling

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Disciple of The Watch, Dec 21, 2006.

1. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

There was one PPV in 2007 where the main event was AJ Styles, Chirstopher Daniels and Samoa Joe for the X division Title. I forget which one that was, but it was before their title run. It might have been late 2006. From what I hear that one's worth watching too.

AS for Edge, Guerreros and the Brother's of Destruction, That promises to be good, but the big guys need to even the numbers game. Maybe take out Hawkins and Ryder first, then that Bam Neely guy--Maybe have the lights go out when they're setting up Kane, and have the lights go out. Leave him in the ring with the BoD while Edge adn Chavo run like hell...

Regal winning KotR was a joke. It started out so well, with MVP vs Y2J and CM Punk vs Matt Hardy. Then on the other side, Khali gets DQ for beating the hell out of Finlay while Regal gets Hornswoggle. That was a major let down. If the other bracket had Kennedy vs Finlay and Benjamin vs anyone...

2. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

The stage seems to be set up for a Styles/Angle feud.

The Great Plan B is returning to India in a matter of weeks, so expect him to job to the Big Show. You won't hear me complaining.

I was glad to see Y2J and Finlay in KoTR, and my money was one of those two. Matt Hardy was a worthy addition too.

The little midget bastard, Regal, the overrated & overpaid jackass? Give me a break. If only they had nixed the stupid 8-man tag main event, we could have seen HHH, Taker, Edge, JBL, Orton in KoTR - DESERVING participants.

3. Gnarfflinger

But those 5 were in the big 8 man tag main event. Not sure why they wanted it, but it wasn't bad.

Khali leaving? Maybe he couldn't handle Vince's crap...

4. Disciple of The Watch

The Great Plan B is not leaving for good, unfortunately. He has to report back to the Punjab Police which he works for, and IIRC, he needs surgery for both knees too, so he's gonna be off TV for likely many months. Not like you'll hear me complaining.

I'm looking forward to Whacklash to see Hardy taking that US title and putting the overpaid, overrated moron who holds it out of his misery. He might have held the title for 11 months, but how many times did he defended it? Hmm, Flair, Mysterio, Batista... three defenses in nearly a year.

5. Gnarfflinger

I think that the writers put more emphasis on the character as opposed to the title. That means that an asset in advancing an intriguing storyline is sitting wasted by having a mouthy, arogant character that people would pay to see get pounded hold it (and not defend it).

6. Disciple of The Watch

FINALLY, the overrated, overpaid jackass has lost the title! I'm glad to see Matt Hardy holding the title - the guy is an incredible competitor.

Taker & Kane retain their respective titles, no surprise there.

Michaels has beaten Batista

Khali jobbed to Show

The WWE Championship match is underway - so far JBL and You can't see me are out, so it's between Orton and HHH now. HHH is supposed to win and turn heel - I hope this is the night.

On a different note, Coachman has been replaced by Foley as color commentator. :skeptic:

*EDIT* YESSSSS!!! TIME TO PLAY THE GAME!!!

Last edited: Apr 28, 2008
  7. Gnarfflinger

I heard that this evening on the Fight Network. Also, they reported that the Mother of Umaga, Rikishi and the Tonga Kid has passed away. She was married to one of the Wild Samoans...

8. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Are we talking about Mick Foley as a commentator? This may actually make me bother watching WWE every now and then, instead of just following the big tournaments.

9. Gnarfflinger

I think he'd be better as a colour man than Coach. I see him returning as a GM of Raw with the way Regal has been acting the last couple weeks (rigging KotR, abusing his authority and cutting off the end of a title match this week).

10. Disciple of The Watch

Regal is supposedly returning to wrestling full-time, so that's not unlikely.

ION, I found SD vs Raw 2K6 for five bucks, so I got it. That completes my collection - 2k6, 2k7 and 2k8.

There's a lot of names in 2k6 I didn't recognized - like Tajiri, Mark Jindrak, Muhammed Hassan, Orlando Jordan, Scotty 2 Hotty, Robert Conway, Joy Giovanni -- the word I said the most when playing 2k6 is "Who?"

There's also some names I find myself missing -- Heidenreich, Spike Dudley, Eddie Guerrero, RVD, Chris Benoit...

I think WWE missed the mark with Heidenreich. This guy had the potential to be a maineventer... before they wimped him out, that is. Spike Dudley? He should be putting everyone and their dogs through flaming tables with Ray/Devon.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2008
  11. Gnarfflinger

Tajiri was an ECW original that always found ways to get his face on TV, and was a terror int he Cruiserweight division. If you can get some old ECW (pre WWECW days), look for his matches with Super Crazy and three way dances with Super Crazy and Little Guido (Nunzio).

Munammed Hassan was an ethnic character that they brought in who kept whining about the treatment of middle eastern people in America after 9/11. He was a heel, but really had no staying power.

Scotty 2 Hotty, originally Scott "Too Hot" Taylor came in when the WWE first introduced the Light Heavyweight title in the late 90's. He later teamed with Brian "Too Sexy" Christopher (son of Jerry "the King" Lawlor). The later took on fancier names and hung around with Rikishi. After Brian Christopher got fired for Drug offences, Scotty teamed with Rikishi. Thankfully he's dropped off the radar.

Orlando Jordan was a sidekick to JBL during his World Title reign. He had been struggling to find a gimmick before that.

Robert Conway was part of a team called La Resistance along with Sylvain Grenier. Later they split the team and Rob Conway ended up with a costume that made him look gay. He has since disappeared too.

Joy Giovanni was a contestant int he first ever Diva search. She eventually got a contract and had a short stretch with the Big Show during his attempt at the World title. JBL was the champ and Kurt Angle also stuck his nose into that situation.

Mark Jindrak was a tag along to Kurt Angle during JBL's world title reign. JBL had Orlando Jordan and the Basham Brothers, Angle had Jindrak and Luther Reigns. The Big Show just had a burr under his saddle...

I thought they could have done more with Heidenreich, but they put him against the Undertaker too soon and executed the feud poorly.

RVD ran afoul with Vince over his pot and eventually was not resigned. He also hated what Vince did to ECW, so he didn't want to be resigned. Sabu and the Sandman got fired over their protests...

12. Disciple of The Watch

Well, the stupid biatch Guerrero stripped Taker of his hard-earned WHC, also banning his gogoplata submission.

You've just angered the Phenom, stupid.

They could have done MUCH more with Heidenreich... his face turn was absolutely laughable - reading poetry, making friends with a fan, eating chocolate with the silicon inflated cows? Man, this guy should have been a rampant psychotic beating everyone and their dogs to an inch of their lives.

Frustrating note - Heidenreich is not playable in 2K6's season mode. I just took Chris Benoit and I enjoy making everyone and their dogs tap to the Crippler Crossface. Brings back good memories, that does.

13. Gnarfflinger

It's all about generating heat for Edge. The more Edge gets through shady means, the more the fans will hate him, and thus they will pay to see him get his ass kicked.

I don't see Taker giving up the Gorgoplata though. On a Wrestling RP site, I've added that one to my repetoire--with barbed wire wrapped around my legs!

14. The Shaman Gems: 28/31

Quite a pity though. Edge's matches on Backlash and WM were almost a textbook case of how to fight a superior wrestler like the Undertaker, and imo a rare beauty to find on WWE (except for VG's appearances on the ramp. Damn it, is she supposed to be pity material, or am I supposed to believe that in all the soap opera that is WWE, her grief is original?). It would be a damn shame if he can't win at least a few matches and has to be boosted through something as cheap as :rolleyes: Vicky Guerero.

It's sad, really... He's a pro and has enough matches under his belt to make his current persona laughable. He makes a heck of a heel, but does it have to be that kind of an idiot?

15. Disciple of The Watch

Don't worry, Shaman, Vickie Guerrero is gonna be taken out of the equation... it's just a matter of time. Remember Kane said to Edge he and Undertaker would "take care" of Vickie. I'd pay to see her getting locked in a gogoplata until she bleeds her ****ing life out. Then T-Lo can take SmackDown back and restore some credibility to the brand. And while I am no fan of Edge, he gave Taker a run for his money. Counter after counter - the guy has surprised me with his technicality.

This reminds me of the Edge/Lita storyline a few years ago. Before whoring out to Edge, Lita was a terror in the Woman's division, and IMO had everything to be the longest reigning Woman's champ. It churns my stomach to think she became one of the best female wrestler ever to being Edge's biatch.

16. martaug Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

hey disciple, did you happen to see the match between undertaker & festus a couple of weeks back. And if so what are your thoughts on that match.

17. The Shaman Gems: 28/31

I agree, I didn't expect Edge to show the moves that he did. He gave the Taker a run for his money, alright, and that's a pretty rare sight. With a bit more pure power, he'd be almost perfect. As for Vickie G, I think anyone going all out on her would be absurd, kinda like getting a police baton to beat a lame poodle. Just get her out of there, or at least out of this "boyfriend" farce. Sure, it might actually be that the Edge is getting a conscience and she's a pity date :rolleyes: . Yeah, and Stalin just won Hell's first ever ice skating cup.

Also, does anyone know just what the heck is going on with the tag team championship in WWE? I used to adore some of those matches when I was in high school, and the Hardys vs Dudley boys vs Christian & Edge matches imo deserve to be legendary. I don't even remember a recent tag team match, except for a few lackluster MVP/Hardy ones.

Speaking of Lita,
    I'm still surprised at the amount of heat lita got over that thing (and, conversely, that the Edge's rep was almost unhurt). She was, indeed, one of the better wrestlers in the female division, but her career was ended by that idiotic move. First of all, personally I don't give a damn if she's having a freaking orgy every monday, tuesday, wednesday, friday, saturday and sunday and part-timing in a brothel on Thursday, she was one of the few women there who looked like they had a clue what wrestling, entertainment or no, looked like. Instead, she was thrown to the dogs after a plot which was, I'm 105% sure, made to boost ratings. Way to freaking go. Unless she was looking to retire already at that point, she deserves to put whoever thought of that plot twist through a meatgrinder and pour salt as she's turning the crank.

edit: it seems that the Backlash women's match had someone I had long waited to see. Well, well, well - here's hoping the girl's got the family touch.

Last edited: May 4, 2008
  18. Disciple of The Watch

You do know Festus is the guy who played the fake Kane a few years ago, right? As for the match with Undertaker, I admit I was skeptical. Nontheless, Festus went head to head with the Phenom and proved he has what it takes to take on the top dogs. I'm not sure placing Festus in a tag team is a very smart move. It's always the same thing - Festus starts as a house of fire, tags Jesse who takes a beating, Festus is tagged back in, he cleans house and gets a pinfall.

Festus could shine in the singles division, with a proper gimmick and credible feuds - Big Show or Mark Henry, for example, Festus has the size and power to go head-to-head with those guys.

And speaking of the Tag division, yes, it's really pathetic. The WTTC haven't been defended since December, IIRC, and I'm seriously getting sick and tired of Nitro and Miz. Something's got to give, seriously.

And Shaman, I echo what you said about Lita. It churns my stomach even more that she lost her final match to the hyperactive bimbo on speed.

19. martaug Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

i thought he was but wasn't 100% sure. he used to be freakin deacon didn't he? i agree that he needs a new gimmick and a singles run

20. Gnarfflinger

I honestly thought that Edge was using Guerrero to get ahead--let me rephrase that--to get prime position--damnit--To get the prime spot on the roster. Vicky is milikng the wheelchair thing a bit much...

As for Edge and Lita, Edge should have been screwed over too. They both did wrong and caused a problem within the company. Lita's carreer ended in disgrace, but Edge became even more important to the company. Matt Hardy also got canned for a while, and he didn't do anything. It sends a bad message within the company.

I didn't know that Festus was the fake Kane. I think that Bam Neely is ECW Original, Roadkill with a beard trim and a decent suit...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.