1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Wrestling: Random babbling

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Disciple of The Watch, Dec 21, 2006.

1. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Gnarff... I hate to burst your bubble, but this VINCE MCMAHON we're talking about here.

While I too would be thrilled if GAME ON summed up the main event... not gonna happen. Did ya forget who forcefully inserted itself into the main event? Hell, even if the main event was 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 against one, the A-hole in question would STILL win.

Hell, if I were HHH, I would have screwed that A-hole. He's gambled his WM opportunity, and lost. Game over, A-hole. But NOOOOOOOOOOO. Give the A-hole lovers what they want - another long, tedious, painful reheat of the last two years - this A-hole being invincible.

Finlay vs JBL? JBL needs to trim some fat to be credible and FInlay needs to drop that stupid "Great Protector" angle. It's one of the worst gimmicks I've seen since Eugene or Deacon Batista.

BTW, Big Show is on Smackdown, like I suspected.

WWE and TNA, nontheless, remain boring soap operas. If a promotion doesen't include electrified steel cage walls, cacti, tables, light tubes, glass, thumbtacks, baseball bats, barbed-wire, fire, weed whackers, light tubes and panes of glass, then it's boring - exception made of Japanese wrestling.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2008
  2. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

http://gahwo.proboards55.com

If you're into RP, then you might enjoy this...

In the year that I've been there, there's been all of the above and an Electric Pool Deathmatch...

3. Disciple of The Watch

Wrestling RP... never been much of a RP fan myself, but if there's a good discussion forum, then I'm all for it.

Don't bother with this week's Impact either. The taping results pretty much indicate another big pile of stinking horse dung.

Is TNA the new WCW? Sure looks like it, if you ask me.

Catched more of the Ring of Boredom/CZW turf war tonight. As expected, great stuff. CZW took out Samoe Joe, and that IDIOT BJ Whitmer wrestled the match with a broken neck (courtesy of Super Dragon's Psychodriver through a table a few days before). He ate a top turnbuckle double foot stomp from Super Dragon while his neck was stuck in a steel chair for his trouble.

Now if only Zandig can hurry and bring the F'N Cage of Death and whip Ring of Boredom's A once for all...

Last edited: Mar 4, 2008
  4. Gnarfflinger

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2008
  5. Disciple of The Watch

The guy who wrote this article should be beaten to death with a sledgehammer.

Too much Joe & Squirt Angle, two guys I'm sick to death of. Bringing Stink and Nash back in the mix? Give me a break.

The idea of using Raven to push Joe (of course never gonna happen) makes me want to barf. Raven was totally wasted. I'm also profundely revolted by the idea of using Cage as stepping stone to push Joe. Cage is the cunning, manipulative SOB, not Joe.

Machine Suck getting the tag titles? Oh man, this makes me laugh so hard I'm on the verge of passing out.

LAX in Ultimate X? What good is big Hernandez in an Ultimate X except for beating scrawny X Division wrestlers until they no longer move?

No, if an Ultimate X rears it's face again, it should be a #1 contender's match, with that someone putting the retarded moron who currently holds the belt out of his misery.

6. Gnarfflinger

I think it's disgraceful what TNA is doing to the Duddley Boys. They should be putting people through tables and being bad asses, instead of these diet joke sketches (though they are funny), and disqualified if they don't make a 275 lb weight limit...

7. Disciple of The Watch

Damn right, Gnarff.

I got Against All Odds. Except for Barbed Wire Massacre 2 (which was inferior to the first one - though seeing my friend's face turn white at the beginning of the match was priceless), it pretty much sucked. Black Moronic getting pushed to the top of the X Division makes me want to puke and then drown myself in my own puke. Cage getting screwed out of the championship for the SECOND STRAIGHT time makes me want to puke. BG James cashing his WTTC match with his father? Boy, I laughed so hard I almost passed out.

I can't believe I wasted 1.1 GB of a perfectly good DVD for this crap.

Also, Mesias is gone from TNA. He's still in AAA, but I don't understand a damn word in Spanish, otherwise I'd get some AAA PPV, for sure.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2008
  8. Disciple of The Watch

Watch some CZW today - mainly the Cage of Death 2006. Freaking insane, as expected. The CZW guys litteraly amaze the hell out of me with their ability to be just as technical as they are violent.

If I ever set foot in the US, you can be damn sure I'll be stopping by Philadelphia to catch a live CZW show. A bring your own weapons, as a matter of fact. Either that or a Cage of Death.

Come on, Zandig, bring the Cage of Death to Ring of Boredom already.....

Last edited: Mar 4, 2008
  9. Gnarfflinger

CZW in Philly? Why should I sound surprised. It's the home of the Borad Street Bullies and the original ECW...

10. Disciple of The Watch

CZW shows are actually hosted in the ECW arena, and if I daresay, CZW makes the original ECW look like a Saturday morning children's cartoon.

My friend's downloading me a Cage of Death. I'm excited and looking forward to quench my thirst for ultraviolence.

Count me a die hard CZW fan forever.

11. Gnarfflinger

On GHW, the one link I listed earlier, there was a thread started with some CZW links. I think they're online videos actually...

On another note: How bad can the photos that someone has on Christopher Daniels be that he's willing to be Curry Man to keep them hidden. I could see using pics of Curry Man to blackmail him...

12. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

You see, DotW, here's what the author of that article had to say on the topic:

The funny thing is, you'll note that the focus of this piece has only been the two wrestlers at the top of the card, and realistically, they're the only two that matter. A negligible amount of people are going to pay money to see the people below these two for the pay-per-view, and if those people are going to pay, they're going to pay as long as the people are on the show, regardless of who they're facing.

Whoever did this piece doesn't have a very high opinion of the fans, methinks ;) .

13. Disciple of The Watch

Yes, it drove me completly insane the way it's Squirt Angle and Joe.

When I look at the TNA roster, I see two guys with heel maineventer potential: Robert Roode and James Storm.

Both Storm AND Roode portray their character to PERFECTION.

While I disapprove of it, Roode's feud with Hooker B has proved Roode can handle a top of the card feud. Not only that, this feud has been a tremendous help in settling up Roode as a serious heel.

Storm... this feud with the little idiot for the Drinking championship (don't remember his name) has gone on for too long. And just when one thinks it's over... a ladder match?!?

Resurrecting the Storm/Rhino feud is a good start in establishing Storm as a serious heel - look at how he handled the contest he had, not just against Rhino, but also against Chris Harris. The Texas Deathmatch was GOLD. The Barroom Brawl was GOLD.

James Storm has all the potential. He needs to feud with one of the big dogs in TNA (and come out on top), otherwise he'll be stuck in comedy feuds as a mid-carder.

Gah, all this talk of gimmicks and feuds makes me want to barf. Excuse me while I go purify my mind by watching some Ultraviolence.

*EDIT* Ahhhhhhhh.... sweet Ultraviolence. I've got the five extra channels removed so I can stash up more cash to order CZW DVDs. I lose TNA and Ring of Boredom, but for CZW DVDs, it's a worthy trade. Hell, I think I'm gonna stash $25 and get myself a first row ticket for a CZW show.

F Ring of Boredom! F Total Nonstop A-holery! F Monday Nyquil! F Extremely Crappy Wrestling! F Friday Night Sleepdown!

Last edited: Mar 6, 2008
  14. Disciple of The Watch

I've preached CZW to a few friends I know are wrestling fans. Their reactions have been priceless.

One of them was litteraly slack-jawed and called CZW "plain F'N insane", and this time, I couldn't tell if she was being serious or not. The other one was litteraly mesmerized by the perfect blend of brutality and technicality.

Two more faithful to CZW. More Monday Nyquil, Extremely Crappy Wrestling, Total Nonstop A-holery, Friday Night Sleepdown haters.

My duty is done. :heh:

Well, if there's one good point about Wish We were Entertaining games, is the fact you can do pretty much what you freaking want.

Me and my brother are a tag team and we're FTW Tag Champs, belts that are ONLY defended in no holds barred matches - either TLC or "Extreme rules". I never realized how smashing a steel chair, barbed wire bat, kendo stick, guitar, ladder, hoes (I'm talking about the gardening tool, so calm down), tables, championship belts, sledgehammers on Cena's head can be satisfying.

I've named our Tag team Hate Club in a nod to the old Nick Gage/Nate Hatred tag team in CZW. For good measure, I even added my vision of a beautiful woman -- plenty of ink and piercings, all dressed in black, funny colored hair, black lipstick and nail polish -- as our valet, and future Woman's champ.

*EDIT* Nix that, she IS Woman's Champ.

Destination X was a bittersweet PPV.

Roode got the upper hand in his feud against Hooker B, which is GREAT news in establishing him as a serious heel and future world champ.

Storm is getting buried, though. BTW, is it just me, or do Rhino really has no imagination? He had an Elevation X against Styles last year, against Storm this year...

Kong retained, which is good.

Black Reign & Rellik are being buried. And what's with "Super Eric"? The guy's just a little moron.

Tomko tapped like a little girl to a rear naked choke.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2008
  15. Gnarfflinger

When I get Azureus finished updating, I'll go looking for some CZW stuff to download...

I'm looking forward to such violence...

16. Disciple of The Watch

The links I provided you should quench your thist for violence, Gnarff. I can tell you that the Tournament of Death 2 is, well, freaking insane. Think you're gonna dig it, and big time.

Hey, I heard my bro saying Y2J once again wears IC gold. Can't say I'm sad that Hardy's out of the picture.

HHH appearantly has plans to make Orton and You can't see me run the gauntlet next Monday. This could get interesting... Orton appearantly made HHH and Kane face off tonight, from what I heard.

This year's Lockdown will once more feature Cage as team captain. Since Angle loses the World Title to Joe, Tomko captains the other team.

It's pathetic that Cage will gather an army of babyfaces.

17. Gnarfflinger

Thanks, man.

Yes, Y2J is the new IC champ. I see this as a beginning to push Hardy for the big belts. Perhaps Jeff Hardy to take the ECW title from Chavo Guerrero?

HHH fought Kane in a Wrestlemania rematch, and Seen-it fought HBK. All I hears was Ornton and Seen-it versus the entire Raw locker room.

They have Angle, who's so good at pissing people off, that Cage would be limited to second fiddle without the face turn. I think that TNA is still trying to figure out how he will maximize the money he makes for them. He's in the prime of his carreer, and they can put him in the highest profile matches and expect to get attention from the fans. They are still trying to figure out what to do. Remember, they haven't fired Russo yet...

18. Disciple of The Watch

Oh, yeah... Stink returns at Lockdown. He's gonna be part of Team Cage (babyface version). Let's just hope once Cage is done being a big babyface he will go back to being a new and improved heel, just like old times. Oh, giving him the WHC would be nice too.

And as for Hardy, he was suspended for 60 days for his second violation of the "wellness policy". If this happens one more time, he's out of the company. He was removed from the WM page and lost his MITB spot. Wanna bet he'll get caught for a third violation, be released and picked back up by TNA? It sure as hell would spice their at best crappy X roster.

Kane should be the one pushed for the "ECW" gold. Seriously, this guy has immense potential from day one, but he was caught in crappy storyline after crappy storyline (remember the Katie Vick angle?), and was disgustingly underutilized. This guy could have DOMINATED the whole roster w/ Taker as the Brothers, or hell, he could even be US Champ, or even WHC.

...which I why I love SD VS Raw 2k8. *I* make the title matches. *I* decide the #1 contenders. In my world, Taker is WHC, Kane is US, Edge is WWE, Sandman is ECW, and me and my brother hold the FTW Tag Championship (custom, duh), I hole the FTW Single, and the chick I made in a tribute to an ex holds the Woman's title.

Me and my brother are on a 10 matches defending streak. Mark Henry, The Great Plan B, Edge, Chavo, Helms, DX, Orton... they've all failed to take the gold from us. The belts are defended only in "ECW Extreme Rules" match, and being a Hardcore/Brawler type and a chair swinging freak, I use the Hardcore Resurrection ability to heal off some damage.

My brother also challenged me for my FTW title in a singles match. This was the closest I ever came to losing the belt. Fortunately, a white russian legsweep through a flaming table (yes, yes, you can do that) turned the tables (no pun intended) in my favor and allowed me to cash in a Hardcore resurrection, finish off my brother with a steel chair and get the 1-2-3.

19. Gnarfflinger

TNA may throw a wrench in Vince's wellness policy. WWE gets more scrutiny because they are so big, but smaller guys can make a good spot of money and avoid the attention that Vince has to put up with...

20. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I'm kinda surprised you say that. I guess I'm looking at it from a different perspective. There need to be faces - heck, decent ones - in order to have plots, and TNA seems fairly commited to peddling their stories. Care to give a list of the 5 TNA wrestlers that can make the best faces in the company ;) ?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.