1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Wrestling: Random babbling

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Disciple of The Watch, Dec 21, 2006.

1. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I've watched RAW monday night, and bloody hell... DX took one hell of a beating, especially HHH. I mean, the guy was bleeding all over the f****** table!

Gads, I HATE RKO... I hope DX will be back to give RKO what they deserve - a freaking conchairto. And hopefully, Ric Flair will join DX in giving RKO their due.

I doubt DX will be back for New Year's Revolution... but it would be freaking sweet to see them giving RKO their bloody due.

I'm also looking foward to see arrogant ass K-Fed getting stomped by Cena. And speaking of Cena, the match versus Umaga promises to be pretty darn intense.

[ December 23, 2006, 01:06: Message edited by: Disciple of The Watch ]

2. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    I hate this 'wrestling'.

3. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Kevin Federline is a wrestler? When did that happen?

4. Disciple of The Watch

K-Fed ain't no wrestler. He's just in a feud with John Cena, and since Johnny Nitro also is, he trained K-Fed the basics of wrestling so he could "settle the score" with Cena.

Personally, I think that K-Fed's crazy and asks for a deathwish. But oh well.

5. Barmy Army

Media:
    UFC is the real fighting :thumb:

This is just one big scripted soap opera and forgive me but... I think it's aimed at kids. I prefer to watch a proper fight like boxing or UFC (check it out if you haven't ;) )

6. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Um, it's not real, Disciple. He won't really get beaten up.

7. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

You know, I wasn't really shocked that almost nothing in the original post was making the slightest bit of sense to me but then I saw that Ric Flair is still in wrestling! :eek:

The guy was old when I watched wrestling in the 80s so he has got to be in his seventies by now. What is he doing - rolling up to people in a walker and smacking them with his cane?

8. Disciple of The Watch

Actually, Ric is 57.

He's still going strong, and he still is one hell of a wrestler - hell, after he suffered the conchairto from RKO, he returned two weeks after, still in recovery, to whoop RKO's ass with some help from DX.

Ric Flair is a legend.

Hmm, then Ric Flair and DX bleeding all over the place after suffering a conchairto wasn't real, Harbs? I didn't see any fake blood on Flair or DX's heads.

9. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Wow, I would have said that he looked like he was in his 50s back when I saw him wrestling in the 80s.

Oh, and talking about suffering a conchairto probably isn't going to be persuasive to most people as we don't have a clue WTF you are talking about. The only thing that came to my mind is that you were saying that he was forced to listen to classical music but that would be spelled concerto. If he was bleeding after being exposed to classical music then yes I would agree that it is definitely fake blood. ;)

10. Disciple of The Watch

Good point.

A conchairto is basically putting a steel chair on the ground, the putting the victim's head on it, grabbing another steel chair and hitting the unfortunate victim straight on the head with it. A few well-aimed shots can easily crack a skull.

11. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Actually, the blood and many (most?) wrestling injuries are quite real. There's only so much that can be acted out. And there are quite a few unlucky wrestlers who have suffered nasty falls or injuries during the matches that have left them paralysed or in the wheelchair for the rest of their life.

12. Disciple of The Watch

Indeed - some have been killed outright, like Owen Hart during that ill-fated cascade.

Still, some part of wrestling are acted - like rivalries for example - Undertaker faced (and seriously damaged) Mick Foley in a steel cage match, because their characters were involved in a feud, while in real life, they're close friends.

The beating RKO gave to Ric Flair and DX were far from fake... I just take solace in the fact that RKO will pay for that.

13. Harbourboy

No way. I'm with JSBB on this. He (like Hulk Hogan) definitely looked like he was 50 or 60 back in the 80s. I would have picked both of them as being closer to 70 by now.

I once had my photo taken with Brutus 'The Barber' Beefcake.

14. Barmy Army

Media:
    Well, obviously they are stunts men and stunts men can have accidents. It's obviously all scripted out and acted though,and some accidents do occur when you've got guys flinging themselves to all parts. It's not fighting though. Far from it. Just acrobatics.

15. Disciple of The Watch

He IS 57. He was born in 1949, on February 25th, to be precise. He actually looks older than he is.

Hulk Hogan was only good as Hollywood Hogan back in the era of the nWo.

16. Harbourboy

Next thing you're going to tell me that other old timers from the old Ric Flair days, like Harley Race, Kerry Von Erich, and Dusty Rhodes also aren't about 80. If they're all about 50 as well, then all I can say is that pro-wrestling is terrible for your looks.

17. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Oh come on now, Hogan was pretty much solely responsible for making WWF wrestling hugely popular during the mid 80s. Before Hogan there was little interest in wrestling and when Hogan pretty much dropped out for a while in the late 80s the people stopped watching.

According to wikipedia Flair is only 57. I guess he was just one of those guys who looked a lot older than he actually was back in the 80s. I looked at some current pics and he seems like he has not aged much in the last 20 years.

18. Harbourboy

And Harley Race is 63. I could have sworn he was that age when he was King Harley Race in the WWF in the 1980s.

And yes, JSBB is right, the glory days of Hulk Hogan were when he was THE marquee act in the WWF in the mid to late 1980s. Of course, it was ridiculous because he pretty much never lost (despite being reduced to a near coma in every fight - before the power of all the little Hulkamaniacs revitalised him for his big finale - with that useless "Big Boot" finishing move)

19. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

K-fed: I knew he was crazy, he cheated on Britney Spears! If I was married to a hot woman like that, the last thing I'd want was to give her a reason to kick me to the curb! He did make a good point, in that "K-fed" is a pre-packaged product to sell, where as Kevin Federline is just a guy. Isn't that the premise of Pro Wrestling?

Cena: The guy is pushed way too hard. I hope that Umaga puts him out long enough to make a trilogy...

Rated RKO vs DX: I think they've finally figured out where Edge fits in, but Randy Ornton has always been pushed to hard, too fast. He came in, sucked up to the owner's son in law, punked out a bunch of old men and they think he's a top draw. HBK has a blast, but how long can he continue? HHH was one of the greatest heels because he knew how to piss off the crowd and could bring the pain when push came to shove...

The old Guys (Flair, Hogan, Rhodes): They are kept around to give the young guys a few pointers, but the problem is that they are taking TV time away from guys they should be building around. WCW did that, and look what happened to them? I think that WWE will lose guys with actual talent to rival promotions like TNA...

ECW: At first I thought it would be cool, but I realized that Vince couldn't keep his hands off, and now it's a watered down version of what it once was. Heyman's rumoured to be fired, Angle quit and went to TNA, Big Show is rumoured to have Giganticism (the same thing that killed Andre the Giant) and has retired to about a decade of pain before his ultimate death, Some of the ECW originals aren't happy (Like RVD and Sabu), and the guys that Vince stuck them with suck...

TNA: This has the potential to be awesome, but the old guys (Jarrett, Sting, Nash, Zbysko, Jerry Lynn, Shane Douglass) need to fade into the back ground and let Christian Cage, AJ Styles, Rhyno, Abyss, and Samoa Joe carry the company. They focus more on action and less on the soap opera that BA was complaining about...

20. Harbourboy

What? Are Sting and Nash still around as well? How do these geriatrics keep going? I will not be surprised to hear that Ravishing Rick Rude. Adorable Adrian Adonis, Junk Yard Dog, and Greg The Hammer Valentine are back in business (even though I'm sure half of them are dead).

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.