1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Wrestler dead in murder/suicide

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Takara, Jun 26, 2007.

1. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

This sounds credible, but for needs something more authoratative than "some say" - especially for a law enforcement investigation/indictment... (okay, when did I start channeling a D.A.? ;) )

The matter still relies on what happens in front of the camera - which we can agree is fictional; c'mon, Sullivan is a scriptwriter for this stuff - as opposed to what really happens. One can't deny that Nancy really left Kevin, and really married Chris, and really gave birth to Daniel, but what someone involved with a professional wrestling league says on the public record is quite likely just more script...

As for the Satanism? I think it's pretty much irrelevant for this theory. Christians have "THOU SHALT NOT KILL" and yet Christian lawbreakers do commit murder; it's possible that Kevin is a LaVey Satanist who felt compelled to not only break the law of the land, but the tenets of his faith...

As such, if he did do all this, he MAY have been a Satanist, but being a Satanist wouldn't have been causative in his committing the murders, anymore than his being human, or male, or...

2. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

I never bought into the Kevin Sullivan really being a Satanist thing. I just wrote that off as Kayfabe, a storyline. Also. considering the age of Sullivan and the steroids found in Benoit's home, I doubt that Sullivan could have done anything to anyone without Benoit running him off.

Compared to that theory, the exploding limo seems believable, even though Vince showed his face at the Benoit tribute show and the ECW taping the next night...

3. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I agree with you, empath, however, there is something I need to point out.

The theory refers to Sullivan as a Satanist, but I think the term is misleadingly used here. Satanism is another faith, and don't be fooled by the name, Satan as described in Xtianity has nothing to do with LaVeyan Satanism. No, in LaVey's vision, Satan is used to portray people natural inner desires. Devil-worshipping - worshipping Satan as a deity - on the other hand, is a direct reaction to Xtianity, and by LaVey's terms is a misguided inversion of Xtianity.

But back to Sullivan. I think it's possible he might be behind the Benoit tragedy, but I don't think religion has anything to do with it - if he indeed has anything to do with the tragedy, then I'd say the murders are more of a retaliation for past wrongs than religious fanatisicm.

But then again, who knows what lurks in the back of K-Sul's mind? It's possible he was a devil-worshipper - appearances can be deceitful. For example, would you have ever thought me as a LaVeyan Satanist? Probably not, but I am one nontheless.

Nontheless, toxicology reports are supposed to come back from the lab in a few weeks, so we'll have a clear answer whenever 'roids were the cause or not.

Using the Crippler Crossface to kill someone?! That's plain ridiculous. The Crossface stretches the neck and causes some serious pain, but that's it - man, TV analysts sure have some funny ideas.

Or by using the Sharpshooter. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

4. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I heard it from a radio guy who was quoting somebody in law enforcement in the area... I'll try to find a link, but still I may be mistaken.

edit: Okay, yeah, there was no such cross-face, it was allegedly just a choke-hold :rolleyes: Not that it makes a diffrence.

5. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    It has to be way, way, more than that. Well, maybe only 3 if you count active wrestlers, but it's way more if you count ex-wrestlers. Sadly, most of those who go don't commit suicide or die in some weird accident. Most of them go because of excessive steroid use that causes heart problems. I won't bother to look it up, but I'd say the number of wrestlers (active and ex) that have died in the last 10 years before they were 50 years old has to be close to 20.

6. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.