1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Wouldn't movie X be much better/funnier if X happened?

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Apeman, Sep 13, 2004.

1. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Apparently Seagal threatend to walk if his character was killed that early. Somehow they talked him into it though. And yes, it was definitely Executive Decision in most countries, but it also had the alternate title of Critical Decision

Wouldn't it have been funnier if during the Matrix sequels, Neo had been able to 'copy' himself as Smith did? Just to see that many Keanu's on screen would have been hilarious. Maybe all-up they'd have been able to act a bit better than Keanu on his own in almost any of his films.

2. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Would have been good if in Star Wars II, Annakin was played by a good actor. Would also have been really funny if all the clones were dressed in black singlets and jeans. (New Zealand joke mostly)

3. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Poor Steven, got killed by an explosion, I would love to see him kicked to death, he never get even a scratch!!.
    Following my Terminator ideas; if in Terminator 1, John Connor's "would be father" was impotent? Man, just one time and she got pregnant! That's a stallion!

4. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

my memory's kinda fuzzy on this movie but didn't he die getting kurt russel on the plane bec the tube thing that they were passing through couldn't stay intact much longer and he closed the hatch (was it a hatch) so that only he would die and kurt russel would make it? Very Bruce Willis-ish (from Armageddon).

I found the person that played Anakin in E-1 even worse. that kid pissed the hell outta me. he kept trying to be cute but he just kept getting even more annoying. IIRC in a Maxim interview with Brooke Burke (I think it was her, if it wasn't, it was another hottie) she said that when she met the kid, he was so puffed up about being Anakin Skywalker that she referred to him as an annoying little sh*t or something very close to it hehe. I'd die if she said that about me :eek: hehe

5. Sydax Gems: 19/31

You are correct Enagonios about Steven death, I just mean that he didn't put a fight, he couldn't kick anything...

6. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

yeah i get what you mean :/ but even when one guy grabs him from behind and some guy starts pummeling him he doesn't get hurt at all... he just frowns and goes "umph!" and doesn't even double over and then suddenly kicks their asses 3secs later hehe ;) I saw that movie of his, when he was like a mercenary or something, The Foriegner I think it was. Horrible. His old stuff was the best.. Nico: Above the law, when he was actually thin hehe :p but my fave was On Deadly Ground. The one with Michael Caine in it. Have any of you seen Half-Past Dead? Is it worth watching? Because I just saw "The Order" by Van Damme on Star movies and it was horrible. He was trying to talk like he was from L.A or something with his French accent, I was dying of laughter :D

7. Aldazar Gems: 24/31

Again on a matrix reference, I would have loved it if in Jet Li's movie The One, they'd have done a Smith-like fight with a few dozen version of Jet in an all-out brawl. That would have been so cool considering Jet's martial arts talents.

8. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Wanna hear something funny? Yesterday I was watching TV and I saw a nice announcement that next week Steven Seagal will star besides Kurt Russel in CRITICAL decision (I knew it, in the netherlands it's critical decision). Funny part is that in the 40 second announcement all I saw was either steven seagal or Halle Berry's Torso area ;)

Back to topic (slight spoiler)

What if Tom Cruise had been gunned down with the rest of the last samurai. Would have been a better ending if you ask me.

9. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

damn straight. I mean, they should have either left SOME other unknown samurai alive with him or let him die too. Jeez, he wasn't only the last samurai figuratively, but literally too. And I totally got pissed off when the Emperor started rattling out his damn broken English. He shoulda said it in Japanese :mad:

@Apeman

Halle Berry is in Executive (It's Executive here ;) ) Decision? :o It's been a while... was she the stewardess? Can't really remember...

10. Xei Win Toh Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

If Luke had joined the Dark Side... :evil: :tie:

11. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Speakin o' Star Wars, anyone ever read the Infinities comic book? Now that was cool, and would have been a better story then the movies.

Major Spoilers ahead!

Luke is flying down the Trench. Han knocks Vader off his back long enough for Luke to fire the torpedos. They go in the pipe... And one of them fails, detonates prematurely destroying both, leaving the Death Star intact. The Rebels are barely able to escape before Yavin 4 is vaped, but Leia is captured. Eventually, she turns to the Dark Side, and becomes a high ranking Imperial, right under Vader.

It was really cool. Except the very end, where she turned back to the Light Side.

12. Aldazar Gems: 24/31

Or what if Luke and Leia had slep together before Luke found out she was his sister? That'd be cool, in a gross kinda way.

13. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

In any sports movie, the team loses. I have only seen one sports movie where the good guys don't win the big prize.

14. Sydax Gems: 19/31

And which movie is that? Remember the one with Stallone who was a Cart driver? He and the other guy were last and in 2 laps they were 2nd and 3rd, like the other cars weren't racing at all, even worst, Stallone was almost laped but he managed to finish 3rd and with the card almost trashed, so, what would it take to make him not finish the race?

15. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

@aldazar

that'd be gross. understatement. :p

@Sydax

IIRC the movie you are talking about is "Driven". the only scene i liked in that whole movie was when the blonde kid got dumped by Estella Warren and he took off from the party in the racer and stallone had to chase him. other than that it sucked eggs imo :/

16. Sydax Gems: 19/31

Yes, it is Driven, and like Tom Cruise in his "racing" movie, this kind of heroes never lose a race; in Tom's movie, the "bad" guy made a spin, got last and in 3 laps he was bumping Tom's back, oh man, what this people think? that we don't know how things work? So, what if, in the chase you mention (Enagonios), someone crossed a red light, or if they crossed the green light as Stallone and the other guy were passing 4 red lights...

17. Aldazar Gems: 24/31

If, instead of Goose being killed while ejecting, Maverick had diesd on impact with the caopy in Top Gun. I'd have much preferred to see the rest of the movie iwth Goose in it and no Kelly McGillis.

18. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

What bugs me from the "The Lord of the Rings" (both book and movie) is the fact that the damn eagles can reach the place where the ring had to be destroyed in no time. Frodo needed a long time to do so, and lots of innocents died in the meantime. How about sending him there along with an army of eagles from the beginning, and spare a couple of hundreds of thousands of people from dying unnecessary?

19. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

I think its bec Frodo's mission had to do with stealth. dozens of giant eagles flying around would've been target practice for the thousands of goblins, orcs and particularly the Nazgul on their winged mounts :/

20. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

About the LotR thing:Im sure Gandalf could have transmuted them temporarely into looking like something else (perhaps even a flying Nazgul)

About the Steven Segal thing: I remember me and my friend renting that movie when we were younger. We were big Segal fans and we thought the movie looked realy good. Then all of a sudden Steven dies. What the hell? We were realy pissed off during the rest of the movie (but we were realy hoping Steven had found some way to survive and come back to kick ass)

About the real topic: nothing to add... yet

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.