1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Would you take the Red or the Blue pill?

Discussion in 'Creativity Surge' started by The Irreligious Paladin, Jan 22, 2003.

1. The Irreligious Paladin Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Hello again, and welcome to another engaging thread from the Irreligious Paladin. This weekend we would like to provoke your creative juices into flowing, with a simple premise and a simple question.

Premise: I'm sure everyone is familiar with the Matrix, a popular Keeanu Reeves action/sci-fi/thriller. During the course of the film Neo(Reeves) is offered a choice by Morpheus (Larry Fishbourne, he were great in Apocalypse Now) , take the red pill and dive into reality, or the blue pill and drown in ignorance.

Now everyone who posts on this topic simply has to make a choice and explain the events that will result from their choice. Try putting yourself into the story rather than have yourself become Neo, it'll be more fun and you can invent a "Matrix" nickname.

All right then take mine for example :

"So, Mordekai, will you take the red pill, or the blue?"

"I've heard bad things about blue-jackets, gimme the red." Mordekai (that's my Matrix name) reaches out to pluck the tiny pill from Morpheus's massive hand. He reaches for the glass of water and prepares to swallow the pill, but then thinks better of it.

"What are you doing? Just take it and the truth will be revealed, " Morpheus says rather sagely.

"Nuh-uh, Man. I'm gonna snort it to get the FULL-effect," Mordekai pulls a small rectangular mirror and a razor blade and a straw from his wallet, and proceeds to crush up the red tab into a fine pink powder. "Here's to the Po." and he snorts a mighty rail.

Instantly he feels as though a bullet has speared through his brain and his skin begins to crawl. Mordekai realizes with sudden panic that he can't breathe! He tears at a thin layer of waxy gel above him and when he manages to claw through it he finds to his dismay that he is covered from head to toe in bright pink goo and is standing naked in the middle of a stone arena. Gasps of astonishment filter through the crowd.

A voice above the others catches his ears, "Humans cannot speak. That is scientific fact, Zira."

"But, Dr., look at the intelligence in those eyes!"

Mordekai's eyes begin to focus on the source of the conversation and is horrified to see a fat orangutan in an orange robe arguing with a female chimp wearing green. Gorillas, chimps, and orangs all watched from the stands as Mordekai was put on trial for simply being able to talk.

As Dr. Zaeus orders Mordekai to be placed in auction with the other "beasts", Mordekai thinks to himself "Thanks a lot, Morphy, you couldn't even hint that reality was kinda like a Charleton Heston movie? Why couldn't reality have been more like Logan's Run?"

Sorry for all the references to classic Sci-Fi films but those movies had a sort of charm that Matrix lacked. Have fun, I'm looking forward to see everyone else's take on this question: Red Pill, or Blue Pill?

2. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Morpheus;
    "So Rastaman do you take the red or the blue pill?"

Rastaman;
    "Aye I got blind on smokin' the reaver. Can I have them both before I O.D?" *cough* *choke*.

[ January 22, 2003, 05:31: Message edited by: Nobleman ]

3. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Depends. Is the red pill Cherry? :D :D :D

4. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Morpheus:
    "Ok Baldilocks, will u take the blue pill or the... Baldilocks, did you swallow the red pill?"

Baldilocks:
    "Swallow? Dam, I thought it was a Suppositry!"

Morpheus:
    "Your going to have to take it out and swallow it then"

Baldilocks:
    "Uh-uh, just give me the blue!"

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.