1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Would you fight for your country?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Gash, Sep 19, 2001.

1. Shralp Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Yeah, you're generally right, Fergus. But the idea of NATO changes everything. Remember the clause "when one is attacked, all are attacked"? That's as it should be.

I think Blair is phrasing things like he is in order to show that the UK isn't just following America's lead -- that'd be kind of the wussy (i.e., Belgian) way to do it.

Love ya, Kevlar.

2. Satiana Fearbringer Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Being a prior military person myself I have a little bit to contribute to this conversation.

America has made some mistakes in the past, we are only people and people are known to screw up from time to time. Yes?

America always tries to fight for the greater good. Not only for America, but for other people as well. Sure, sometimes we stick our noses where it doesn't belong (at least that is how I feel), but most of the time we are looking at a much bigger picture and we are really trying to do what we think is best for ourselves and for those countries who are our alies.

Not to mention, we always try to keep innocent civilians out of the war, unless there is no way to do so.

The attack on our country on Sept 11 was an act of war on the American people. Unlike Pearl Harbor (which I wish everyone would stop comparing with Sept 11th's attack)this was done to perfectly innocent people. And the people who lost their lives were not only Americans, but people from all over the world! These people were just living their everyday lives and they were completely innocent. Pearl Harbor, although as horrible as it was, was an attack on a military instalation during a time of war.

When you go into the military you take an oath to give your life, for the life of your country. To protect the innocent and our countries freedom. Those people who join the military forces fight so that the everyday American does not have too. Those people who lost their lives that day took no such oath (except those in the Pentagon.) It was not right and we cannot let the people who did this think we are just going to lay down and take it. Or it will happen many times over.

I beleive that our President and those whom he has surrounded himself with, will make the right decisions. This is not something we are going to rush into, and it is not something America will do alone. No country is free from an act of terrosim. It can happen in any country at any given time. To your friends and family members. And I believe that many countries will see that, and ban together with America to try to wipe out terroism and those who breed terroism, from the face of the earth. How could it be right to take innocent children who know no better, seclude them, and train them to be a live bomb in the name of religion or in the name of their country? That is sick. At least when you join the military you are pretty much an adult (and unless in the time of great need such as the WWars)you make that choice with the mind of an adult.

I don't believe we will attack any country, unless that country chooses to fight us by not giving up those who are guilty of terrorism by continuing to support and harbor them.

You see, there are rules in war. And the biggest rule is that you do not attack those who are innocent. Those who have choose not to bare arms agianst their enemies. There are no rules in terroism.

Right now, if me or my husband were able to, we would go back to our old jobs in the military right this very minute. So that we could be a part of this war against terroism. So that we could bring justice for all those innocent people who died that day.

But, alas I was medically discharged, and my husband has already served his 8yrs. The military cannot take me back at all and he can only be called up, if there is no one else that can go in his place.

I wish every country could be a peaceful country. And that no one hated anyone. But, that is not the real world. And it has been stated many times.

There will be war and rumors of war until the end of time.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.