1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Would there be any way for a non monk to use Scarlet Ninja to

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Heisenberg, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I'm curious how you distunguish between cheating in a weapon vs. cheating in an awesome skill like UAI.

"Maxed out" would be 25, which you can't do on creation. And even the likelihood of getting 18's in all stats is so miniscule it might as well be considered impossible. You might be able to averge 16 if you roll long enough. And even then, while it's powergamiong, it's not cheating since the game is intentionally designed to allow you to do it.

The thing is this - the game doesn't need all the things you're doing (or thinking about doing) in order to finiish it. You are on the road to creating a character(s) that, while maybe not riduclously overpowered, is going to be powerful enough that there will be very little challenge in battles you face. Now I can only speak for myself, but in that situation, I'd end end up putting the game aside because I'd get bored, and as a result I'd be denying myself the enjoyment of playing one of the greatest CRPG's ever. I know it might seem like I'm trying to tell you how to play your game, but all I want is for you to not ruin your experience. In the end, though, I'm not you, so what is enjoyable for you is different from me.

2. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Well, at this point we're basically discussing game mechanics and philosophy, as it seems to have moved beyond your initial question anyway (as threads often do). As I said earlier, it's your game, so you play it the way that makes you happy.

3. Heisenberg Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I thank you for your thoughts. As I said to avoid temptation I will not be doing it. (Not sure if you can anway) BUT if I did do it my code would allow it to be used once for the weapon but not for anything else. Even though I can already use scrolls and wear almost all equipment in the game. Who knows what other can of worms it will open.

I understand where you are coming from and agree. Even knowing I could do it takes some of the fun out of it. But, because its so easy and there are so many different ways to buck the system I have choosen to work with it. Shaow Keeper is a god send. If not for it I would never have made it ou of Planar Prison. Somehow I was not able to get the key which meant instant death everytime I tried to advance the quest. If not for shadow keeper Davos would be stuck in prison for all eternity.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.