1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Worthless lives

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Zaragoth, Nov 13, 2001.

1. Xaelifer Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] WEllllllll.....

YOU exist to feed my hordes of muffin minions (a bread item baked in a cup-shaped tin).

The rest of us exist because god is good and god is great and god is the one you shouldn't hate yay! whee! My mouth could be sprouting money, eh? Nooooo!

Apparently life is really short. I don't think so. I've been living enough years to experience about ten million emotions, help ten million people (if that's what it's all about, and I doubt it), and conjure ten million different thoughts on why the hell I'm stuck on this ball of cinder. And I haven't even begun to WRINKLE yet.

I say, no matter how short life is, be mean to other people. Spend your time wondering about things. Steal from old helpless women and push them into gutters. Come on, live like a developing human being!

I think a bunch of old omnipotent farts are playing a game of poker with our heads in a lightless room for infinite stakes and ante, blank cards and rub-me-toes lotion all over their hands.

Come on. If anyone with a FACT of truth CARED why you existed they'd let you know through a vision or something. The one person up above said something slightly intelligent:
    "I know why I exist, and that's none of your business."
    Well, I say, yea, I know why I exist. To type this up right now. And later I'll exist to shut down my computer. Then I'll exist to wake up in the morning and feed the hungry souls that bend mine every day.

2. ArchAngel Guest

[​IMG] November the 07.02 CET 25th 2001, you lived to write some long-winding nonsense :p.

[This message has been edited by ArchAngel (edited November 25, 2001).]

3. Alyr Arkhon Gems: 10/31

[​IMG] We exist to ask this question...

4. Majjin Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

We exist to buy products from the big companys, and do nothing but that...think about that, all we do in life is buy and buy and buy and buy and buy and buy..exc, exc, exc. Yes we do work, and yes it gives us money, but asll that money we make returns to the same people who gave it to us.

If we decide to stop working, and stop providing labor to the big companys, o0r small..whatever...we therefore have no money..and in return we cant buy from the companys we dicded to not provide labor for, so in return they say fuck you and throw us in the gutter tell we beg them to let us work for them, and at that time they just see how pitiful you are, and give you the job, but the shit jobs....

We exist to work, and when were not working were buying and using what the companys got us to buy.

5. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

We evolved.

It just happened.

It was an accident.

We have no purpose in life, but that which we give ourselves.

I guess: We have one life. Live it, and enjoy it, because it's precious and it's all you have.

Okay, end sentimental fluff. :D

6. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

This life is not the destination, but just the road to the final destination, and walking this way is very worthful for the destination will be great...

7. gollum Banned

[​IMG] God made us!!

8. Xaelifer Gems: 10/31

[​IMG] OOOOH YESSSS! God just took his little invisible factory of pretty elves and said, "Stick some arms on those hairless blobs and let's help them evolve!"

Oh, yeah, you can ask, "Well what's OUR purpose?"
    But do you ever ask, "What is GOD's purpose? Where the hell did HE come from?"

But according to some people out there (who will obediently open their heads for the 'benefits' of religion and stand in line for hours waiting for the heaven they won't ever see), I definitely agree!
    Oh, I TRULY TRULY believe that this God guy shit us out on the planet with pre-determined destinies to see what would happen, because boy does that ever make sense! God just hates it when we sin, but he lets us do it summore, just like in big bad Mr. Destiny, and Satan isn't more powerful than a human, so why shouldn't God be able to destroy him? Who cares, that's what I say! We MUST say God created us, or we would be blasphemizing (uhh...) I just LOOOOOOVE them bedtime tales!
    Phew...I need some caffeine and a good worship.

9. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] The main purpose of life is to ....

Glorify God and enjoy Him forever. (WSC)

Or, to rephrase that a bit, we exist to ...

Glorify God *BY* enjoying Him forever.

-----
    Yeah, it sounds like a flip pious statement, but that sentence is the most revolutionary, counter-cultural theme I have discovered in life. It overthrows the normal way of living life, of thinking, of even role-playing.

10. gollum Banned

Amen to that brother!

11. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Dragonrider's close, but thats only a step along the way. First, we spread out into the galaxy ensuring our long term survival and boldly seeking out 'new life forms' to share and increase our knowledge. Then, when we finally figure out how it all works, we initiate a new big bang and a new universe to replace this one as it runs down and decays. This is a multi-billion year project.
    We (intelligent life) ARE the DNA of the universe. It is only through us that it can 'procreate'.
    I have no wish to knock the sincerely held religious beliefs of posters.

12. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I am too small and insignificant to make any kind of mark on the universe. No matter what I do with my life, it amounts to nothing in the end. Therefore, I have no role in any cosmic purpose, and am just an accident of biology going through the motions, trying to enjoy myself and not hurt anybody. Which is a good thing, seeing as I screw up a lot - too screw up in some overall "purpose of life" would just be too bad.

[This message has been edited by Ironbeard (edited December 19, 2001).]

13. Amon-Ra Gems: 10/31

Worthless? If you wish.

Our existences are but manifestations of our perceptions. Regardless of where you might argue they came from, we HAVE the capabilities and capacities to interpret our world. Perhaps there is a truth beyond what we can see, and perhaps, the more logical answer, there is not. We are what we are for no purpose other than that. There is no evil, no good, no glory, no shame. Each and every day we pass in an entropic cycle, growing, learning, dying, and in the end we are nothing more than a stepping stone. How you pass the time until then, either dancing on the backs of the bruised or taking up the wounded, is up to you. Both are equally valid, objectively, and solely your choice.

It comes down to the fact that there is only one thing in our lives that has meaning: worth. How much on a day to day basis is it worth for you to continue to live? How you give yourself worth is by your own design. My advice: don't let it be compromised at all costs. I'd rather live a year as a Roarke* than eternity as a Keating*.

Who can deny that it is possible that there is no underlying noble purpose, no glorious reveille to announce our destinies? Why must all things have a beginning or an end, simply because all things we experience do?

As always, my answers cannot be anyone's but my own. Take speculation as a puzzle, twist it, and come upon your own solution. Or dont, it is of no consequence to me.

*[If there's one book you read this wintertime, let it be one of Rand's. In this instance I'm alluding to characters from Fountainhead, one of her finest works.]

Amon-Ra

[This message has been edited by Amon-Ra (edited December 22, 2001).]

14. Zaragoth Guest

Oh, shit..! This topic started in November 13th!
    A new record fer me......! :cool:

15. Xaelifer Gems: 10/31

[​IMG] Amon-Ra is the MAN!!!

(as per the lame and overused-by-twits cliche, that is, I mean to say he has much more intelligent reasoning than this ridiculous 'god made us' garbage)

Speaking of which, I'd like to say that about this worth topic, 99% of the human population has no worth, no meaning, and utterly no rhapsody with the scheme of things. This would include me and you (because we wear clothes, brush our teeth, go to movies, and step upon other's stepping-stones). The 1% left is Jesus Christ (hahahahahahahahahaha).

There are too many people in the world for everyone to place socks on their hands, so that their fingers would stick together usefully. We'd run out of socks. Some dude over in China believes Buddhism just as strongly as some Catholic priest over in a different country, and each is just as true to its bearer.

While the whole of America screams "Patriotism!" at the top of its voice*, I'd personally prefer a good book under lock and key. Better to forget all this ridiculous worrying that the world is going to end or began or that some true-child prodigy of The Obvious God (yours) is going to be born unto thee and sit with cheer.

They say to eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow we die. The halfwit seminary teachers at public schools teach this to the students groggily forced into religion by their parents. Likewise, every American, persay, is forced into some religious and zealous niche by Culture, capitalized because of the 'immense importance'.

The smart people are privately laughing at the world and its overabundance of foolishness, all caused by this immature and childish species (although we're the ones who invented immaturity and childishness, aren't we?).

You can go ahead and believe in God, believe that there's some big bearded dude in the sky ready to appeal to your every need with understanding and compassion. Go ahead and believe that you've been put on Earth with a purpose in Someone Heavenly's mind, and then told to 'go it on your own'. Go ahead and patiently await to go to heaven when you die, while you feed off of a slimline forest-cutting economy and bastardly political system. I bet this God character REALLY cares about what you have to say when he designed so carefully the world that humans are ripping apart.

Everybody's god is different and, likewise, everyone and their god is pissed off about it.

Let's pray. It's Jesus Christ's birthday and time for another free ride.

*alluded to Emerson

16. *Sigh*... Why the hell are you worshiping an Egyptian god? Amon-Ra is the god of sun. And are lives are *not* because god decided we needed lives, it's because our parents decided to do and unfortunately have us. And besides, some lives are worthless such as those who are too lazy to get jobs and earn money by begging.

[This message has been edited by Shadow_Goddess (edited December 24, 2001).]

17. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Meaning of life?

To spread terror, death and destruction throughout the whole of existence. When that is done, to kick back and enjoy the fruits of misery, decay and grief and dance upon the bodies of your victims singing a wild song of victory, your voice clear despite your blood drenched throat.

Heh. Had to write that. :evil: :evil:

18. Will Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

[​IMG] O-ho! I hope that was ironic, because its going to take a lot of backpedalling to nullify that sort of laissez-faire bull that should have died out with the Victorians. I very much doubt anyone would be homeless by choice. Indeed, I know several people who, were it not for the good quality of pastoral care provided by our school and community, would be on the streets, not through any fault of their own but through ejection from their homes by unreasonable parents (fathers having affairs and blaming them for the breakup of the marriage and the like). You try turning up for a job interview after sleeping in a shop doorway for a week. It just saddens me that these sort of attitudes can prevail even now.

DISCLAIMER: if the above post was meant as some form of dry humour, then you're not funny in the slightest. Sorry.

19. Xaelifer Gems: 10/31

[​IMG] Ironic? Not a word to be thrown around in such a sentence...

'I hope you're being sarcastic' may just be better. :rolleyes:

20. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

You exist for no reasion yet every reasion. If you think about it the avrage person lives about 70 years. Thats 25550 days. Or even better it's only 613200 hours. That number seems so small, does it not?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.