1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Worst of the bunch

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Ironbeard, Apr 2, 2001.

1. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

How about fiends? Playing a fiendish character would really be very very nice.

2. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Why? We have you Shura! ;) :D :p

3. caleb Banned

What do you mean there are no REALLY hard fights? Do you mean to tell me you never had to reload to beat kangaxx and shandalar the black?

4. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Well, while the dirty humans are breading with anything that walks, how about putting some cool races in the games. Let's see some half trolls (regeneration and only killable with fire :)), or my personal favorite: Half Gibberlings! Woohoo. Let the fun begin :D

5. GONMAR Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

What gets me is when they take away your options instead of add to them. I understand there's only so much you can include...but someone's race really can shape a character and the more races available the more real your campaign world seems...IMHO...

6. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

But some races, it just doesn't make sense to be. I mean, the half orcs seem a bit dodgy as they're not tolerated on the sword coast and your character's meant to have done the whole of BG1. Maybe races which don't fit the protagonist should be multiplayer only.

7. Fljotsdale Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

If I can gripe about BGII here...
    What about Anomen being the ONLY Romance for a female leader, hey? That REALLY pisses me off! What woman in her right mind could fall for HIM? I had my lead character try - I really did! But my instinct was to keep telling him to shut up, so in the end, I couldn't stand it any more and ditched him. What I am saying is this: It's not FAIR that male leaders get several rather attractive girs to choose from when female get one deeply, deeply 'pixie prick'ish twerp! :p :eek:

8. Fljotsdale Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[Fljotsdale - If you're going to post again right after one of your own posts in a thread, we'd prefer that you edit you're last post rather than post a new one. See that pen and paper icon on the top of your post? You can use it to edit your own posts. - BTA]

[This message has been edited by Blackthorne TA (edited April 29, 2001).]

Thanks for the info, Blackthorne! :) I thought it was to cut&paste a part of someone else's post into your own so you could reply to the point raised, no matter where it was in the thread, without everyone having to search for the original. Now i know why it doesn't work, lol! Do you have that facility on these forums?

[This message has been edited by Fljotsdale (edited April 29, 2001).]

9. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

[​IMG] Hmm, I thought we had hear enough of these romance complaints form all the excerpts from posts form the bioware designers that Darien so graciously posts for our reading pleasure. I have to side with the designers here. One is enough as, honestly, how many women bought the game compared to men do you think? And besides, if it's the romance quality you are talking about, comsider this. I could choose from a sing-song whinny disfigured elf, a fiendishly evil hot drow chick(who I would have chosen if it wasn't for that damn neutral good algnment), and, well, someone I left turned to stone in the origional BG. What type of choices are those? Would you have rather romanced the always annoying and uppity Haer Dalis, the boring Valygar, the even more boring and uptight Keldorn, possible the most boring Cernd, that rather repulsive Dwarf, the mentally challenged Minsc, Yoshimo (a knife in the back for you, my dear), or Edwin (not sure how that one would go after his life changing experience). Let's face it. None of the characters in the game make for particuarly good romances. Wait...hold on a sec now. Hmm, actually, now that I think about it, Jan would make a hell of a romance script. Now that would be funny. I'm changing my mind. I now side with all the women complainers! Let the battle cry go out: a Jan Jansen romance in the expansion!!!!

10. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Although I'm not female, I can certainly understand their side. I'd hate to romance Anomen too (did I just say that OUT LOUD?). I would think that Haer'Dalis, Minsc, or Valygar would be more viable options. An evil woman could easily have no romance options, as Anomen would go crazy when he failed his test. At least no lasting ones.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.