1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Worst music and artists in the whole world

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Elios, Jan 26, 2003.

1. Elios Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Ok, so who do you think is the worst recording artist? Which type of music is not really music at all? Who is the most tone deaf recording artist you have ever heard?
    My vote: Well, Kid Rock comes to mind for all those questions. I mean anyone who thinks shouting is music should be shot!

2. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Music is subjective. I like listening to the sound of a waterfall. It doesn't take much talent to make water fall into more water, so does that mean what I like is bad?

But seriously, I cannot see how people enjoy listening to rap. Then again, I'm very narrow-minded.

3. GreyCrow Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I believe in R&R, Rock and Reggae.
    I also HATE Metallica. I hate them!, I hate them!, I hate them!, I hate them sooooo very very much, I greatly... oh never mind.

They are a no talent hack band, if you can even call them a band. Don't get me started on Lars always wearing those Thigh-High Hip-Hugging Shorts. ( "Ahhh!!!" shudders while trying to get image out of head. " My eyes, they burn!" )

They even said their-selves that they basically lucked out, that no one really had talent all were for the most part average ( Below Averge, is what I say.). Also that there success was due to the underground scene, where their tapes got spread around. Then they go and get pissed off at Napster for doing what got them to the top or known in the first place.

Yeah, I do not appreciate the space that they are taking from my planet, let some one else live. To make matters worse for me, my local Rock station always has to play Metallica every weeknight at Eight O'Clock, NOOOOOOOooooo!!!
    To conclude what I am saying, Metallica does not Rock. Rock On!

4. Kleptomaniac Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Uhm, dude, you're wrong.

No talent? Eminem has no talent. Boy bands have no talent. Metallica has some of the most skilled guitar players out there, it's just a fact.
    Maybe you've missed some of their best songs or something, but saying that they have no talent is just... wrong.

Still, it's your opinion, and arguing about music is stupid :)

[ January 26, 2003, 07:42: Message edited by: Kleptomaniac ]

5. GreyCrow Gems: 3/31

[​IMG] I will agree with you on The Rap scene, such as Eminem, and most definetly on the boy bands, and that's all I will agree on. Good to know there will not be a waste of time arguring. That is just annoying. Because everyone has an opion, and not all of them will be the same. :D

6. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Believe it or not boys, but Eminem has alot of talent. He is none of my favourites but I was really into the rap scene a few years ago (before his time) and he is a great artist and musician. Even though it is Dr Dre that has taken him to the top. I can understand many people disliking rap and hiphop, it isnt strange judging by what is being played on mTV which is utter crap. But no one judges the rock scene by what is played no mTV so why would you judge the rap scene?

My biggest gripe are with all the pure company products out there, 'artists' that completely lack soul and are a created purely to attract a certain kinds of people. Products include: Marilyn Manson, Jennifer Lopez, all boybands, more or less all singing girls, Enricque Iglesias etc etc, the list goes on forever.

7. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Eminem has talent, its just that I can't appriciate rap. In fact, rap gives me a headache

8. Elios Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

There are very few rappers who have talent. Now, M.C.Hammer, there was a man with talent! Not!

9. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Hmmm well theres a difference between artists with no talent and artists who are just plain bad.

Plain bad - basically those i hate.
    R&B (not rhythm and blues :p ) - main reason because it produced Dilemma which i had in my head for weeks and totaly hated!!! :mad:

Rap i can listen to but i don't enjoy. I can recognise that they are good at what they do and that some people like it but i just dont want to hear it.

Dance. The Dance genre is fine for dancing but it's not music to listen to. 32 beats then 1 change then another 32 then 1 change then another 32. Trance and Techno i dont really like but i prefer over dance because it's a wierder and 'zappier' sound.

Slot Songs - Cheeky Girls, Ketchup Song etc. They see a gap. They try to fill it. It sells. They @$#@!/|?@!

No talent (and also plain bad). Tho perhaps some do have talent just since almost all are manufactured it's not up to them what they sing (only to a certain extent at best)
    S Club - Teeny Bopper songs argh!
    S Club Juniors - All dancing, singing hamsters!! I will never acknowledge any talent in this band (because there isnt any!)
    "Shouty" Death Punk/Metal bands - Does exactly what it says on the tin :heh: shouting for 3-7 minutes along to a heavy beat is not music.
    Manufactured Bands - Especially those that not only don't play there own instruments, they don't even have instruments!!!

There are many more but these are my main ones at the moment.

10. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Well the two worst in my opinion are: Marilyn Manson(Why wont you just die goddammit? :mad: )
    and Eminem(although a few of his songs are ok)

11. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Well just put MTV on and watch. After a few weeks I think you get the idea. Or turn on your local radio and listen to the modern top hit music.

12. InquisitorX Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

"Metallica has some of the most skilled guitar players out there, it's just a fact."

Not really.

Here is a short list of guitar players who are superior to Hammet and Hetfield:

Tony MacAlpine
    Michael Romeo
    John Petrucci
    Marty Friedman
    Jason Becker
    George Bellas
    Stephan Forte
    Richard Duade
    Ron Thal
    Michael Harris
    Magnus Nordh
    Dave Martone
    Brett Garsed
    Arjen Anthony Lucassen
    Alan Morse
    Kim Thayil
    Santiago Dobles
    Steve Vai
    Joe Satriani
    Eric Johnson
    John McLaughlin
    Al DiMeola
    Allan Holdsworth
    Jeff Loomis

OK. Good night.

13. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Cheeky song, Is the worst thing ever made!

I Hate it! I also hate Most R&B and Limp Bizkit that is NOT music.

Other really bad artists:

Sita
    K-Otic (Well Fallin'was cool, the rest sucked)
    Prince (TAFKAP)
    Barbara Streisand
    Rotting Christ
    Sita
    Vanessa Carlton
    Britney Spears
    Sita
    DJ BoozyWoosy
    Kane
    Di-rect
    Sita
    Raymster (Or whatever (Kut Marokanen?!))
    Jennifer Lopez
    Brainpower
    Abel
    Def Rhymes
    Sita
    Romeo
    Vengaboyz
    Sita
    Gordon
    BZN
    GiGi Dágostino (Werlkl I like him when I'm drunk :) )
    Las Ketchup
    Sita
    Skihut music

and offcourse:

Sita

[ January 27, 2003, 11:43: Message edited by: SleepleSS ]

14. Woodwyrm Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Well... I really hate Metallica. Hellacopters are so much better. Ozzy Osbourne (I'm new fan) etc etc...

15. Intentioner of the Damned Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

To be fair, this really is a pointless topic. You have to go a long way to find two people that have the same cds in their collection and prefer the same ones as eachother.

I can sit here and justify that black metal has some of the most complex riffs i've ever heard and dispite the way it sounds, is actually very musical.

On the other hand, i can sit here and slate another style giving perfectly good reasons not to like it and someone else will argue back and i'll be like, "give a ....(insert suitable swear work to make suitably sarcastic, retorical question)?"

So, as someone who listens to rock, hard rock, heavy rock, metal, death metal, black metal, alternative, emo, some indie, rap, hip-hop, rap metal, and some drum n bass, your opinions will affect the way i like what i like not one little bit. :)

[ January 27, 2003, 13:11: Message edited by: Intentioner of the Damned ]

16. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    From what everyone knows here Britney Spears followed by Shakira. In Poland we have worse even 'artists', but fortunately the world knows nothing of them.

17. Frostmage Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

InquisitorX: Exactly how do you measure who is a better guitar player?

18. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

@SleepleSS, your whole list sounds about right in exception of KANE, KANE rules, I went to one of their concerts and they rock. They are really good, and do you want to know why, because they sing live, and when someone who sings live sounds good, or in this case very very good, you do not suck. Examples of these are U2 and in this case KANE

Sita sucks, and the rest of your list too

19. InquisitorX Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Tone, technique, originality, and feel.

Don't kid yourself Hammet and Hetfield are only average guitarists. Most of the guitarists I listed are virtuosos or, at the very least, extremely original.

Every song Hetfield and Hammet write is in the same key and Kirk Hammet knows like 2 scales. The only reason people think they are good is because all the guitarists in pop culture suck.

20. GreyCrow Gems: 3/31

[​IMG] Okay, to me, one of the main reasons alot of people like Metallica, is just because they don't know better. Like, this was the first band someone told them rocked, or before listening to rock, that was the only thing they knew about.

That and alot of people can play their music, so if you can play as good as someone soooo Mainstream, then why not support them. I wouldn't brag about being able to play something by someone, and then say that they suck.

If you know any one that actually buys Begginer books of music, wheather for guitars or Drums, Meatallica songs are usually in the front pages, the ones that they start you with.

As for Eminem, he does have talent , that is why he is successful, as oppossed to other so called singers/Rappers. I just don't like him.
    Unlike rappers, he can actually sing, with words that carrie emotion, and delve into who he really is. Plus he does not have to make up Non-exsistent words. What in the Hell is Fashnizzle Ma Nizzle?!. He actualy crossed alot of boundaries that were set in the U.S. on many different Issues. Making it easier for future artists.

Yeah, when I find an eminem Album, over at a friends house, I like to mess with them, " what's up with this" then the shame comes through. I understand, I just don't tell them I do. Heh Heh Heh. :D

I really don't like him, even though I get stuck listening to some of his songs, or stop to watch some of his videos. ( The Shame, the Shame, Why...?, I think it has something to do with Hypnosis.) :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.