1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

World XI vs Australia

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Barmy Army, Oct 5, 2005.

1. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Stu - it's the usually Aussie knee-jerk when they lose a series :p . But the thing is, these guys aren't even kids, they've got an average age of around 28. May as well have blooded some youngsters! Is Hussey in the test squad? It's ridiculous that he's been out of it! He's one of Australias most consistent and quality batsmen.

I can't wait for the 6 day test. Test cricket is real cricket if you ask me. Does anyone know if Tresco is in the test squad? I know Inzamam Ul-haq is (fantastic player). Tresothick has more runs than anybody else in the world in the last year :) . Really in his prime at the minute.

2. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I think I found the answere to my question regarding roofs in cricket matches - Hussy just hit a ball into the roof. Would have been a six but they rebowled the ball. Oh well 294 isn't a bad score.

3. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

2/20. Redicluous shot to get out.

4. Barmy Army

Media:
    What a roasting.

5. NonSequitur Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

It will be interesting to see how the World XI fares in the test matches. I think it's fair to say that most of the World XI are not in their cricket season at the moment; Australia is about to reach its "prime time" from November to January.

Time to prove it wasn't a fluke, lads... :p

6. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Hmmm, the World XI has been a bit rubbish. I can't see this test making it to 6 days to be honest. They're all going to go for a bit of whack. Only way something can last 6 days is if Javed Miandad and Geoff Boycott pad up and knuckle down behind stone walls for 3 days. Can you imagine any of the World XI batsmen doing that?

7. Barmy Army

Media:
    Jaques Kallis, Brian Lara, Virender Sehwag, Rahul Dravid? Certainly I can see these guys sticking around for a while if they get their minds set to it. Heck, Dravid has made a career out of batting out innings!
    However, it's going to be more to do with the wicket, that will be the biggest factor. If the pitch has bounce and swing then it'll be lucky to go 4 days. If it's a crap wicket and there's nothing in it for the bowlers, then it could last a while.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.