1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

World of Warcraft

Discussion in 'Warcraft & Starcraft' started by Barmy Army, Oct 19, 2006.

1. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Druids are boring to play. I'd try a few classes out and see what you think. The easiest at the start of the game are probably hunter and rogue, purely because of the damage they can kick out and still take a 'little' damage. Mages are pure damage but you have to learn a little skill in avoiding close combat. Hunters are welcome in groups because they have high DPS when well played, and can pull very well. Basically, a normal group needs a tank and a healer. The other spots are for damage dealers, anything from hunters, to rogues, to mages, to warlocks.

I like rogues, as you can choose to avoid fights whenever you want. Sneak around unnoticed like a crafty little biatch, and kill the clothies. Plus, you can drop yourself in stealth and go AFK for 10-15 mins or whatever, safe in the knowledge that nothing will come by and kill you while you're gone. Plus they do huge damage when played properly, you just have to learn how to pick and choose fights best. Rogues are my class of choice. Most classes are fun though. I'd say the least fun are Druid and Warrior. Druid because they are jacks of all trades and master of none, even in cat form their damage output is very weak. Warrior because they're bloody boring, one-dimensional tankers. I'd just try and few out and see what fits you best. For me, that was the rogue. Nothing better than slowly sneaking past a mass fight, eyes on that healing priest over yonder... get behind him... and he's dead within seconds, then straight back into stealth and pick another target... great fun!

2. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Go with what you feel like, hunters are fun but they are generally disliked for many reasons. One being that they do tend to suck in group situations especially in instances but they are awesome for soloing.

Druids do very good dmg atm, a bit too much according to many.

3. Duffin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Thanks for the advice lad's I still have no idea :p , got home from college early so I'm gonna install it now, I'll let you know what I choose in the end!

4. Barmy Army

Media:
    You're not stuck with it when you choose it man. Play around with a few, see what fits your hand.

5. Duffin Gems: 13/31

I know that Barmy, just seeing as its my first run through I want to go right to the end. This game takes some bloody installing, I'll need some more playtime by the time its installed!

6. Barmy Army

Media:
    First run through? End?

You've got a lot to learn about this game pal! :lol:

7. Duffin Gems: 13/31

Not sure when you last played Barmy but you might need to install the 219MB patch, its a nightmare. :p

8. Barmy Army

Media:
  9. Duffin Gems: 13/31

Cheers Barmy, well I've been playing for a good few hours, met up with some other lads and we had a party for an hour or 2 and did some early quests. I created a Night Elf Hunter in the end which is currently level 6, just got to the main Night Elf city and its huge. Can anyone tell me when you can first get a pet? First impressions of the game are that its huge, one thing I dont like is not being able to freely rotate the camera to enjoy some of the brilliant environments. I tried to get on Bloodscalp but the population was full so I joined the 'Shattered Halls' PvP realm I think it was called.

10. Barmy Army

Media:
    You get the Tame ability at level 10. Use this on a tameable creature to make it your pet. Don't forget to feed it regularly or it'll do one when you least expect it.

You can rotate the camera, you goonhead! (Hold left mouse.)

11. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Tell me one thing Duffling, you aint named Legolass or Logaless or something like that? ;)

12. Barmy Army

Media:
    I win the competition for best name.

My warrior is called Cleavage. Winner.

13. Duffin Gems: 13/31

Ohhh you can rotate the camera and zoom in and out with the mouse wheel :lol: I spent 4 hours last night with the camera fixed behind my blokes back. Nah I didnt call him anything to do with Legolas. :p It was quite funny last night our 3 elves running round with pink skin and purple hair, we looked camper than a row of pink tents. Nice name Barmy.. is your character a woman? :lol:

14. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Made it to lv.28, joined a guild, and already aiming for a ride. It's just too fricking slow to walk anywhere.

So what is the quickest way to get that cash rolling in? Instances and dungeons, sure, but is there any other way? AFAIK, you need about 100g.

15. Barmy Army

Media:
    Work the AH as much as poss. Only vendor grey stuff, other stuff can usually go on the AH.

16. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Whenever you complete a quest use www.thottbot.com to check the quest rewards before you select them. If you're completing a quest where you won't be equipping any of the rewards just find out what one vendors for the most.

I find trade skills are overrated, better to just make yourself a miner & herbalist and sell the materials you gather on the auction house. My level 28 Draenei warrior has 48g that she earned herself and at least half of her gear is blue. First times through you won't be too sure how to work it but practice makes perfect.

17. Late-Night Thinker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Back when I used to play the original Everquest, I had a half-elven bard named Knote and a gnome necromancer named Panick.

18. Equester Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

be a miner/herb to maximize your main income, sell blue and good green stuff on the AH, by good i meen does with two good stats, for instance monkey items have strenght(i think) and agi, which is warrior/rogue/hunter love amd so on. while make a lvl 5 alt and take enchant, this one you mail all the green items yuou cant sell, then let it disenchant it and sell the enchant materials or use them yourself to save money.

19. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I have already developed enchant/tailoring to 125'ish, so it's kinda late to choose mining or herbalism. Fortunately, though, I can create several green and even blue items, which I can then enchant to have extra properties.

I have also noticed that bidding for cheap items seems to be a rather convinient way to gather items for disenchanting. I'm just not sure how much I should charge of certain kind of items. For example:

Spidersilk Boots
    29 armor - Cloth
    +4 stamina
    +4 intellect
    +7 spirit
    (+1 agility or stamina, enchament)

Greater Adept's Robe
    37 armor - Cloth
    +1 stamina
    +2 intellect
    +7 spirit
    (+25 health, enchament)

The first one is blue and requires hard-to-come-by items such as spider's silk and iridescent pearls. The second one requires just wool and shop-items. How much should I sell them for?

20. joacqin

Media:
    Sadly you probably wont be able to sell them unless the server is new. There are very few completely new players like you around to buy the stuff. Your best bet is to hope there are a few alts aroudn but even those are rare now as most people are busy in Outland with their mains.

Enchanting tailoring is a good combination though but dont see your professions as a means to gather money mainly but something you do for your own enjoyment. Most ofthe time your professions end up costing you money instead of earning you unless you go gathering but that is dull.

Also both those items are caster items, spirit heavy caster items only priests would be interested and even then they arent all that desirable, putting an agility enchant on the boots is a waste really. I say disenchant everything you make and either sell the dust and essences you get or level up your enchanting as it is s quite useful profession to have when you are max level.

As for money, the most straight forward way is to murder monsters out in the world and rob them of everything they carry and do that until you have the 90 gold needed. Earth elementals in Arathi Highlands and Badlands are good for mountgrinding. You also tend to be lucky with a drop or two you hopefully can sell for a lot of money. Keep your eyes out for plate items if you are horde and mail if you are alliance as a lot of horde paladins and horde shamans will be levelling up who have a lot of money. Any item that would be desirable for a shaman or paladin you can probably sell for an outrageous price on the AH.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.