1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

World of Warcraft MMORPG

Discussion in 'Warcraft & Starcraft' started by Kelvon Shadowmane, Aug 30, 2004.

1. Kelvon Shadowmane Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] :D BLIZZARD'S "WORLD OF WARCRAFT" MMORPG IS UNDER DEVELOPMENT! :D
    Don't hesitate to post your opinions on Blizzard's upcoming MMORPG. If you don't know what I'm talkin' about, check this out: BLIZZARD US or BLIZZARD UK I think it's gonna be a great game, worth an obssetion. But unfortunatly my internet connection is too slow (56K) :almostmad: and too expensive to get DSL or something else. :mad:

2. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Actually, I heard on the RPGCodex that the changes made to the game in the latest beta changed it from a fun, unique MMORPG to another boring, bland treadmill.

3. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Err, isn't this kinda old news? Was it a lame joke I did not understand?

Age is getting to me.

4. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31

Since they officially declared there was not going to be a RP server, I quit following its progress altogether.

Rednik pretty much summed it up there. Just another boring, bland treadmill.

5. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

I was looking forward to it, but seeing the recent news, it tipped me off a bit as well.

But never forget, this IS a blizzard game and every game that i've played by Blizzard was really good, most people would agree to this.
    So, i wont give up hope completely yet.

6. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

every game by blizzard also takes YEARS past its projected date before coming out finally. I'm still waiting on Starcraft 2: Return of the Xel'Naga. The last one came out, when, 4 years ago?

7. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

More like 6 (1998 GOTY for some publication IIRC).

8. Rednik Gems: 21/31

I read in PC gamer that Starcraft 2 is due in time for the holidays this year, and will cost 100 bucks. Of course, it was just a rumor.

9. Kelvon Shadowmane Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

pc gamer is a rumor vomiting drunk berk...

@Foradasthar
    Could you please explain what "RP server" means?
    I am unfamiliar with this term.

I think it's a still a promising game! I also agree that all Blizzard games were worth the wait. Starcraft was declared Best Selling RTS Game of All Time! Anyway, one thing's for sure: WOW is gonig t be way better than MuOnline :rolleyes: (if you've ever heard about it?)

10. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31

RP stands for "Role Playing".

My fears, and the fears of many others were that WoW will attract more players than the average succesful MMO, and its playerbase will be younger than in an average MMO as well. Basically, we roleplayers wanted a protection from the mass of Diablo teens (no offense to anyone here, just generalizing what I've heard and experienced from playing Diablo 2).

There's a whole lot of other things involved too, but in the huge mass of casual vs powergamer and enforced RP rules vs regular ones etc, the declaration of not putting in an RP server was like a slap to my face. I know from AO, DAoC and SWG that without an RP server the game will be worthless, and an un-official RP server will not do, as it will only attract the wrong sort of people. And since all of the MMOs have been exactly that same boring leveling treadmill with no plot, story or other RP elements at all, I've no interest in wasting my time and money on yet another one.

And btw, as far as I recall, the last comment Blizzard said about Starcraft 2 (which I'm waiting quite eagerly for) was that they *intend to make one*, as soon as time and other projects permit. Could be I'm wrong, but I've heard no mention of its development save the typically off-the-mark rumours of these certain gaming sites and magazines.

And btw Kelvon, you spelled my name right on the first attempt! You must be the first one, of the relatively new names here at least. ;)

11. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

I've heard nothing about Blizzard's Starcraft II apart from that they're "playing around with ideas".

Blizzard have a habit of taking ages with their games, and that's a good thing. Don't bitch and whine about how long a game takes to make because the longer they spend on it the more playtesting is done, the more improvements are made and it's basically just a better game. Release dates are bad!

Blizzard has such a good reputation for making quality and upping the benchmark for games. Any company that produced a game like Starcraft deserves special praise.

However it looks like WoW will just be a Diablo clone in the realm of Warcraft. Beat up creatures, get experience and gold, buy better stuff to beat up more creatures.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.