1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

World Cup, Take Two!

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Register, Jun 25, 2006.

1. Duffin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Yeh i guess if England won then id find a way to pass the time! :beer: I just hope we can get past Portugal they can be a tricky side to beat and if big Phil gets another one over us im becoming a monk and removing myself from society. :p

2. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

England has two players less to worry about, we've crippled them badly for you guys. And Ronaldo isn't quite fit either, his leg got almost chopped in half. Should be easy pickings. :)

3. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

If you can't beat a weakened Portugal, then something is wrong and you should hide your head in shame.

4. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Haha, give over yourselves guys!

5. Duffin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

What you seem to be forgetting is the England squad is also considerably weekend. No Owen probably no Neville and our fittest striker is the Crouchbot :rolleyes: . Not to mention our coach is... well lets just say not the best. :p

EDIT:
    Just read this:
    Hehe i love the Dutch. :thumb:

6. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

Rutkowski, you are not alone - I simply love Italy :thumb:

7. NonSequitur Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I can't believe Spain lost! They were looking pretty good in the group stages, and dangerous enough to be a real threat for the Cup.

@ MON,

Please, please, please start barracking for Italy.

Sorry Rutkowski & Shaitan, but if Italy can't even beat Australia cleanly, they ain't gonna make it all the way to the final.

It would've been easier if it'd been a clear loss. A 2-0 or 3-0 beating would have meant something much different, to everyone. Australia was a real success story in the World Cup this year - they did better than anyone expected them to, and since it's one area where Australia don't dominate, people got behind the underdog.

Unfortunately, all Italy got out of their round of 16 match was a ticket to play Ukraine - they sure as hell didn't win any respect or support from it. I (and most of Australia, probably) really don't care who beats them - in fact, I almost want them to get to the final and lose to a questionable decision.

8. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I'm backing Germany all the way now. Germany it up!

9. NonSequitur Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Yeah, since no-one seems to be backing them, and with some of the stories I'm hearing out of Oehringen, I'll second that, HB.

10. Harbourboy

Awesome. A Kiwi and an Aussie (and a bunch of German dudes) against the World!

11. Darkthrone Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Good on yer! :thumb:

In any case, we will watch the designated champion play this afternoon! (or evening or night or whatever time it is in your funny little countries ;) )

12. Harbourboy

3am actually.....

13. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    NonSeq, the Italians are my top 'favorites' atm. I will paint my house blue with green/white/red stripes. I will decorate my walls with pizze and icecream. I am collecting pictures of the former Dutch journal host Harmen Siezen because the Italian coach Marcello Lippi doesn't seem to like his job. :D

I 'fear' they will lose, though. :p

(Don't get me wrong. I like Italy and their people, food etc. I just don't like their soccerplays...)

14. Darkthrone Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

F*CK! YEAH! JENS!!

15. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

LEEEEEEEEHHMAAAAANNNN!!

16. khaavern Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Indeed :)

17. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Leahman is awesome.
    He guessed all four right.

Awesome penalties!

18. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Hah, nice one Germany!
    The daygo's bad losers as always!

There was that German mental strength again.

19. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

Football is a game with 22 players, a ref, a ball, 2 goals and where Germany allways win.

20. Bion Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

what a game! :eek:

[btw, what exactly happened at the end there?]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.