1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

World Cup, Take Two!

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Register, Jun 25, 2006.

1. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

2. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

the game just ended in terms of mins and this kind of pic is flowing everywhere in the web. this era of information scares me.

3. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

At least these guys could actually aim their penalties at the goal, unlike some of the previous shootouts in this World Cup.

4. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    What a crap final, that game bored my **** off. Italy showed what they can do if they play attacking football in the semi-final. This game, they went back in their shell and never commited men forward. Boring game, only made marginally entertaining by Zidane's headbutt.

Oh, well done Italy and all that bumf.

5. Register Gems: 29/31

BA, I take it you didn't watch the first half of the game? Sure, the other three "halves" weren't as good football-wise, but it was still pretty exciting. However, with two very tired teams after six games behind them in less than a month, I am not suprised that they were this tired.

6. Blog Gems: 23/31

Congratulations to Italy! Although they looked tired for the entire second half, they held on. I was a bit disappointed that the Italy/Germany match was more exciting.

7. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Man, all sorts of Italians have come out of the woodwork here. Cars beeping and flags waving. Never knew there were so many closet Italians here. Pasta for lunch then!

At least there is no chance of Italy winning the rugby world cup next year.

8. teekc Gems: 23/31

It's time to sum up guys.

Category country big surprise, Ghana and Australia. Ghana have the edge. In a group of Italy, Czech and the once ranked #5 U.S., Ghana advanced. Anyone talking about Ghana advance into second round before the torunament starts? It was Czech and Italy (or U.S. for some) all over.

Category match big surprise, Germany vs Italy. Everyone thought it will be overtime then boom! last min tough angle shoot puts Italy into the final. France vs Spain. No one was talking about France vs Spain, it was how is Spain going to beat Brazil. And there is was, late goal that kills Spain.

And so, Spain did it again. They did didn't advance into semifinal. i will be parading with me Spain jersey the next few days before it gets outdated, again.

i have to say, this World Cup is less attracting than the last two. 4 penalty shootout to determine the winner. What's wrong with golden gold?

The new adapation of automatic card flashing, not good. This rule, i would say, makes the refs more edgy. It leaves no room of decision for the refs. With this new rule, it seems, the refs would just card players under foggy situation. "Rather kill wrong then let go". And you've got to agree, there is at least a very bad ref. in this world cup, the one for Italy vs U.S.

[edit content]
    Best goal, maxi rodriguez, Argentina vs Mexico. Joe Cole's goal was a bit lucky. There were a lot of control in Rodriguez's goal. Sorin made the big switch, spotted Rodriguez. Rodriguez chested the ball in the box, took 2 steps out, left foot, far post, top corner, Mexican keeper had no chance.

9. Harbourboy

A few people around here actually put bets on Italy to win from the start. Odds were 23-1 so they have a tidy payout coming their way.

10. Register Gems: 29/31

Golden Goal is faulty in the process that it advocated defensive, careful, cautious, and even more boring football, as one single mistake decides the game. No way of coming back after a goal, it's all over.

Some of the best games in history have been decided, or at least majorly changed, on 2x15 minute overtime. Sweden - Romania 1994, Yugoslavia - Germany 2-4(2-0 Half Time, 2-2 Full Time, 2-4 AET), Italy - Germany 4-3... The list goes on.

11. Barmy Army

Media:
    23/1? Since when? You did well to get 8-1 for Italy around here.

12. Harbourboy

He got his 23-1 odds before the World Cup started. All the uneducated money here was probably all being piled on Brazil, which probably gave the TAB the opportunity to open up the odds elsewhere.

I've got to agree about the anti-climactic feeling that comes with a grand final that is decided by penalty shootouts. Just makes the previous two hours seem like a waste of time. I'd even rather watch American Football than soccer finals like that one.

13. teekc Gems: 23/31

you took a life's time to build a reputation and it all ended with a head butt. This is even worse than Baggio's penalty miss.

14. Register Gems: 29/31

This is million times worse. Baggio's was a mistake, this was on purpose.

15. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

tolja guys it was gonna be Italy ;) awesome game. got home at around 8am his morning and now i'm getting ready for school. but what the **** was Zidane thinking??? I mean, jesus, Materazzi (it was Materazzi, right?) wasn't even looking at him when he headbutt him. He just flew off his handle.

16. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Materazzi may not have been looking, but he was definitely moving his lips when Zidane walked by, and looking at Materazzi's past, he probably said something racist to Zidane, probably about Zidane's muslim background. Don't forget that Materazzi is nothing but a criminal in a football outfit.

17. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

I'm afraid I'm not in the know. What do you mean?

18. Barmy Army

Media:
    He's a very dirty player.

I still can't believe the same guy who was garbage at Everton a few years ago now has a WC medal. He only played 27 games in the season because he was a liability. He got sent off 3 times in those matches as well. But he's had a really good tournament. What a late bloomer!

19. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

A fine? Materazzi should sue him because of assault. This was way to hard to be a 'normal' confrontation on the field.

20. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

Yeah, before the WC I'd never even heard of Materazzi or Grosso. heh all my friends that were rooting for France are in a state of mourning with Yahoo messenger titles like "zidane you broke my heart" :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.