1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

World Cup, Take Two!

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by Register, Jun 25, 2006.

1. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

2. Duffin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Barthez is such a chimp :lol: . Excellent set piece deliveries by Italy, France need to get their defence organised it should be 2-1 if not for Thuram.

3. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

How come Henry scores every 10 seconds in the Premiership but can't do anything in this World Cup? Score a goal, France!

4. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Wonder what Materazzi said to Zidane, that was the worst headbutt I have ever seen. Otherwise France dominated most of the game and was definately the better team and should have had a second penalty but on the other hand I wouldnt have protested if Toni's goal had been allowed.

Very good penalties, feel sorry for Trezeguet but Italy shot five extremely good penalties.

5. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD!!
    I finally made it, I lived to see Italy take a gooooooooooooold!!

And they deserved it. They were tired for the second half of the game and forward, but during the whole tournament, they have been the best team overall.

Grosso, Cannavaro, Zambrotta, and Materazzi? I want all your manbabies. I owe you this year, this millenia.

Oh, and Zidane? I hope he gets a really ****ing hefty fine for that. I like him as a player(the only one in the French team that I do like, actually) but that was REALLY stupid.

6. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    No point being a sore loser but that's a really sad way for Zidane to leave the field... :(

That's your opinion, like Joacquin I wonder what caused this outburst... There has to be some real provocation for such a reaction.

7. Harbourboy

This takes me back to the last time Italy won - which was the first World Cup I ever watched - the only time New Zealand ever made it to the finals. Ah, those were the days.

8. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

Zidane has done it before in a Champions League game against Hamburg when he was playing for Juventus. It doesn't matter what Matterazi said, Zidane had to be more careful considering his huge experience and the fact that he was playing in Italy for many years and therefore he should be familiar with the dirty tactics of the Italian defenders.

9. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I agree, Zizou was very stupid, he doomed the team to lose...

10. Register Gems: 29/31

Some notes:

Italy will win on the current conditions:

1. They qualify to the cup with one round left in the qualification process.
    2. A bribing scandal has recently shook the country.
    3. They don't play cowardly football.

11. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

ITALIA! ITALIA! ITALIA!

Now I won't have to suffer any more French cheers. So many chances went just wide in the game, it could have been 3-3 in the first 90.
    Great game.

12. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

aaaaaaaaaand

13. Register Gems: 29/31

teekc, that joke is old now, get a new one.

How aBUTT Zidane's game today?

14. Duffin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Because in the Premiership he gets decent service and isnt totally isolated.

15. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

You know everyone was talking about how great a 'keeper Buffon is and what a clown Barthez is in the goal ... and both points were confirmed during the first 90 ... but during penalties Buffon never managed to guess the correct way while Barthez atleast went the right way once. Guess Buffon has never really had to bone up on his penalty saving skills with Juve.

16. Register Gems: 29/31

Shrikant, Buffon IS a great penalty takes. Just look on the World Cup 2002.

However, France are excellent shooters, and while Buffon is in a Penalty Shootout instead of a game penalty, the burden of the curse attack his mind.

17. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

France deserved it... they played harder. I don't like how the Italians played poorly the second half (they were alot more tired than the French) and they still win because of penalty shots. Penalty shots suck because it isn't a team sport anymore, its one-on-one. But, I was rooting for Italy.

One question: why didn't they let Totti shoot?

And that was kind of a funny way for Zidane to retire... being a jackass in front of a billion veiwers.

18. Register Gems: 29/31

Saber, Totti was substituted in the second half, fortunatly.

He's Italy's Beckham. Can't hit the broad side of a barn on Penalties in International Championships.

19. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

20. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

Yess well done Italy!!

Still I have to disagree about Buffon, I actually find him avarage considering the penalties. Look at the serie A matches ie. Still his the best keeper in the WC only an own goal and penalties. That says it for me.

Zidane well He has shown it before did it also in the last WC against a danish player, but the ref didn't see it.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.