1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

World Cup Qualification - Europe

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Barmy Army, Mar 28, 2005.

1. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Halfway through qualification now, and these are the standings..
    http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/t/group/index.html?zone=eur

The winners of the groups qualify as do the best two runners-up. Then the remaining six teams get drawing against each other in the play-offs where the three winners go to Germany.

I predict these will qualify...
    Netherlands
    Czech Republic
    Ukraine
    Denmark
    Portugal
    France
    Ireland
    Italy
    England
    Poland
    Spain
    Serbia and Montenegro
    Sweden

Possibly Greece in place of Denmark, but I doubt it...
    It's good to see the Ukraine doing well. Finally, a major tournament will be blessed with Sheva :) .

2. Victor Eremita Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Hopefully they won't be doing _too_ well. AFAIK, we pretty much have to beat them this Wednesday... :)

3. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I hope Germany doesn't qualify. :D

4. Barmy Army

Media:
    pml.

5. Pac man Gems: 25/31

Don't talk French to me, i didn't pay much attention in school. :D

What does that mean ?

6. Barmy Army

Media:
    pml = pĂ­ssing myself laughing.

It's like 'lol' bit better sounding. ;)

7. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

There are plenty of surprises in the qualification. I would not have expected Poland and Serbia Montenegro not to mention Ukraine to do so well. I am still very doubtful about Poland though and I think they'll eventually drop. I'm no expert in football though since I can't even name a single Polish football player but hey, that's just my amateur opinion on things. ;)

8. Barmy Army

Media:
    Poland have a pretty decent side who have been together for a while so know each other inside out and play as a team well. Plus, there's no-one else really in our group to displace them from 2nd spot. Serbia, yeah, surprised at them. And the Ukraine.
    Good game Finland had with the Czechs the other night aswell mate. Classic.

9. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

Well actually the game was good because both sides sucked quite badly. It's no news that the Finnish team sucks but the Czechs playd awfully. Defence for both sides was something absolutely horrible. It was an entertaining game though even if the results did not matter much to me. Finland has a tough qualification group and no chances of getting through even if our team has played reasonably well.

10. Steeze Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

While its good that we have the best cricket side in the world, it'd be better if Australia had a better soccer side to back them up :(

11. Apeman Gems: 25/31

Veteran

Did you see that goal Litmanen scored for Finland? Jari still got it!

12. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Sweden once again humiliated Bulgaria, those poor sods are going to need therapy soon.

As for the Swedish teams, it is both looking great and very vulnearable. Ljungberg was good against Bulgaria, perhaps too good. I am afraid that the entire team is dependent on him playing and playing well.

13. Kelvon Shadowmane Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I'd hope Romania would surprisingly qualify, but chances are almost null.

14. Pac man Gems: 25/31

You can say that again. :D

I expected Romania to be a whole lot tougher, kinda equal to the Czechs to be honest. Although Holland didn't play very spectacular, they didn't have any difficulties holding the Romanians off. For the first time i'm starting to believe we actually have a decent defense.

Edit: Apeman, you have been to away games before, haven't you ? Do i need to be a member of the Oranje fanclub in order to get tickets for the game against the Czechs in Prague ?

Me and my brother are going to Prague by car and want to attend the match IF we can get our hands on tickets. I don't mind if i can aquire them through less legal channels, but if possible we'll play it fair. Would it be a risk to go to Prague without any tickets and try to buy em through Czech channels ?

[ March 30, 2005, 17:27: Message edited by: Pac man ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.