1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Wizard Slayers

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Lord Sarevok, Jan 19, 2002.

1. StressedE Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Lord Sarevok on higher difficulty levels the damage increases rapidly while stun effects stay the same. vs stunning spells all you need is chaotic commands it lasts forever. My guess would be that you aren't playing on one of the two highest difficulty levels. Correct me if I'm wrong.

2. Lord Sarevok Guest

No, but every spell is going to do a lot of damage on the highest difficulty, Ablizalzims just does the most.

Also if you were a dual classed Wizard Slayer/Mage you could wear Valygar's armor(AC 2, looks like leather, but if you put it on the ground it has the apperance of chainmail, can't wear rings of cloaks of protection with it, but a Wizard Slayer can't use those anyway) if you had the right stats, which gives 20% resistance to magical damage as well as various protections from elements. Or was it 50%? Oh and you can still cast spells while wearing it.

Hmm, I think I'll try a Wizard Slayer/Mage dualed at level 10, with grand mastery in two handed swords. Not sure about alignment though.

[This message has been edited by Lord Sarevok (edited January 21, 2002).]

3. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] A Wizard Slayer/Mage?!?! I've heard it all. Well I guess if you wanted to be top wizard...you'd kill all the competition :p

4. void Guest

The wizard slayer gets alot better in TOB ( though I can't go there). I think the idea of a wizard slayer/mage is interesting but I doubt that I'd ever play one...

Cheers, Void

5. Lord Sarevok Guest

Could you please send me and e-mail why then? I have ToB and I'd really like to know.

Click my profile for my email adress.

[EDIT]

I decided to solo my Wizard Slayer/Mage. I just took out Mencar Pebblecrusher & Co. all by my lonesome :). I'm suprised how often the spell failure happens, I only hit Sorcerous Amon twice and he failed failed his next two spells! Actually the small amount of magic resistance is applying quite often. So Wizard Slayers aren't as bad as I thought after all. Once I get to level 10 I'll dual him to a Mage, then run to the Umar Hills to pick up Valygar's armor.

[This message has been edited by Lord Sarevok (edited January 21, 2002).]

6. Black Rose Guest

What level are you now? Keep this updated - its fun to see a solo Wizard Slayer!

7. StressedE Gems: 15/31

Sarevok it's all a matter of luck sometimes MR helps 3 times in a row, sometimes you don't have any help from it an entire fight. IMO the MR hardly helps on low levels

8. Lord Sarevok Guest

Hey, a 1/10 chance(10% MR) of totally negating a spells effects isn't bad :).

9. StressedE Gems: 15/31

But the thing is that the sword of balduran is enough to give you that effect

10. Nivek The Mad Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Hmm - a Wizard Slayer / Mage - wouldn't that result in a persistent urge towards suicide!? :hahaerr:

11. Lord Sarevok Guest

Uh...there are much better weapons to use that the Sword of Balduran, and the magic resistance isn't the most useful thing,it's the spell failure.

I'm not looking for the most powerful character, just a challenge.

12. Black Rose Guest

Lord Sarevok:

How are you doing with this quest?

I would update my solo Blade, but it's mired on the ToB forum and I can't double-post. :(

13. Lord Sarevok Guest

Well, I haven't been able to play him much, but I just finished the slaver quest inside the CC, and am about to finish it. I already have the money to pay Gaelan of Bohdi, but I'm not sure who I am going to go with. Probably Bohdi since I'm evil though...

I'm at level 10 and about to dual class...

14. Black Rose Guest

Dang, and here I thought you were soloing a base Wizard Slayer :)

Have fun though!

15. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Hehe, I really look forward to the possible future, when you'll get back your wizardslayer's abilities (and restrictions especially) and possibly find that you can neither use spell scrolls nor wands :evil: MUAHUAHUAHUA :evil:

... sorry, just had to say that :D ;)

[This message has been edited by Ragusa (edited January 24, 2002).]

16. Lord Sarevok Guest

I never use wands and rarley cast spells from scrolls; so there! :D

[This message has been edited by Lord Sarevok (edited January 24, 2002).]

17. StressedE Gems: 15/31

If it's a challenge you want don't take wizard slayer it's a VERY powerfull class.

regusa you can use wand of resurrection and IIRC the green scrolls. So you can do both

18. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    The wand of resurrection is cleric stuff, just like the protection scrolls ... ;)

19. Lord Sarevok Guest

Stressed....I am taking a Wizard Slayer, what's wrong with that? I never said they weren't powerful, just that's not what I'm looking for! I could just have easily taken a cheesy Kensai/Mage you know...

20. Black Rose Guest

Wizard Slayer / Mage does seem a little.. illogical. But I'm sure you could come up with a decent RPing explanation. Maybe he realized that magic could be used for good as well as evil. Or just decided to use a wizard's best tactics against them :)

[IMOEN]

So, have ya dualed yet? Have ya?

[/IMOEN]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.