1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Wish we played this well all the time (cricket)

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Shrikant, Apr 5, 2005.

1. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

[​IMG] 356/9 (50 overs) :banana:
    V. Sehwag 74(40) 12x4, 2x6
    M.S. Dhoni 148(123) 16x4, 4x6
    R. Dravid 52(59) 3x4
    L. Balaji 17(13) 1x6
    Z. Khan 17(9) 2x6

Yes, the pitch is flat and a run feast. The Pakis are taking a stab at it but there is no way they are gonna get there.
    This is how the Aussies remain world champions. Just about everyone doing their bit. Now if only the captain remembered how to hold a bat.

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Wow. Who's this Dhoni character?

On a related point, NZ just scored 561 against Sri Lanka to reassure us all that we actually CAN bat, when we're not playing Australia.

3. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    148 from 123 balls?! That's extremely impressive! I've not heard of the guy. Is he from that pool of U21 talent India have? I think India are heading for a pretty tasty next 10 years...

Decent smacking from Dravid there and Sehwag. 99 balls and 126 runs, can't fault that.

This flat pitch thing seems to be catching on allover the world nowadays... Especially in test cricket as well.

4. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

I dont think he is U21, he has been playing for India A for about a year. He already has a couple of hundreds in that team.
    However this was this wicketkeeper's 6th game in ODIs and his previous highest was 12! The next game is in his hometown, another run-belter. Dravid was the happiest when this guy got his Century. No more 'keeping for Dravid :grin:

9 sixers in one innings from us and 6 from them. Fun game it was. If you can, try catching Inzi's runout. The man was livid :lol:

5. NonSequitur Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Damn, these guys must be channelling Chris Cairns or Adam Gilchrist. That scoreline is absolutely insane! Sehwag just went berserk on the bowling; he's scored at nearly 2 runs per ball faced!

From the looks of it, India is shaping up to be "the next big thing" in world cricket. And as an Australian, I can't say that it bothers me; we've had a phenomenal run, and they're gonna have to get through us to take that top spot.

6. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

India are also developing some quality bowlers in Pathan and Zaheer. Their batting has always been awesome.

7. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I wish WE could develop some good bowlers. Preferably ones who can continue playing for more than one season before falling apart. Look at Glenn McGrath - still going strong at 35. Our guys mature to test level at about 27 and then break down and retire at 29. Bah.

8. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Geoff Allott, retired - back injury
    Dion Nash, retired - back injury
    Shane Bond, recovering - back injury
    Daniel Vettori, resting - back injury

Hmmm, I sense a recurring pattern here.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.