1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Wild Surges

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Sirdan, Apr 11, 2002.

1. Sirdan Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] I have a wild mage and a wild surge that changed his color happened when I cast a Nahal's Reckless Dweomer. How can I get my mage back to its original colors?

2. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Lol :) Have seen any cows yet? :grin:

Some WildSurge effects can be negated by a good night's rest, don't know if it'll help in this case.

What color's did you get? :p

3. yappie! Guest

To change the colour??
    Um...go to your char's inventory screen, change them from there.
    To change the Face/Hair colour, go to 'Colors' via your Character Stats screen (customize-->colours)

4. Sirdan Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] What colors did I get? It had red circles in his eyes, blue lips, black skin etc. I must admit it was funny.

5. Desu Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Keep it then :D

Wild Mages lol.

I like the Githyanki one, who comes & claim his piece of the Silver Sword back

6. yappie! Guest

I just killed him.
    Though he was pretty funny.
    I was playing a wild mage myself, and summoned a cow, before Abi-Dalzimming him!

7. Farthy Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

What happens if all gold is destroyed on caster? Does that return in one night? (Sorry, but I don't want to experience that so I'll you who have answer this question)

8. Gonzago Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Didn't think it warranted a new thread, what with all the wild mage experts herein, but I need HEEEELLLLLLLLLLP.

Just started a Wild Mage in Soa. While I was in the circus tent, the shadows and (illusory) werewolves started getting "wild surge/color change" when they died, and here's the thing, *even if no spell was cast.* Later picked up Jan. Now *any* spell cast, by the PC *or* by Jan (e.g., stoneskin) gets a "wild surge/color change" result. This happens with every single spell cast, with a variety of graphic effects (never the same twice, although the color change message doesn't change) centered on the caster.

If that were a side effect, that would be fine, but the spells don't actually work. Nobody can get stoneskin, hell I can't even cast Chaos Shield without it screwing up. (I've also noticed that their colors in the inventory screen don't actually change.)

I've tried resting, etc, but nothing seems to work. This is also my first wild mage. Is this a bug, or is there something else I need to do?

ta

9. 10 to 1 it's a bug. And I love playing wild mages. They are the best mage class. Squirrels here I come! ;)

10. Gonzago Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Indeed, it was a bug. Exited the game and started over, problem solved.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.