1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Wii Games; Anticipating....

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Rolsuk Fryulee, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Rolsuk Fryulee Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Games I'm anticipating for the Wii

1. Legend of Zelda (release TBA 2010)
    2. The Conduit (release June 23)
    3. New Super Mario Bros (release 4th Quarter 2009)
    4. Spore Hero Wii (October 13 2009)
    5. Wii Sports resort (July 26 2009)
    6. Wii fit plus (september 9 2009)
    7. Super Mario Galaxy (TBA)
    8. Red Steel 2

More rambling...

1. Though little is known of this one, i'm highly anticipating it, rumour has it, that its going to be different from any Zelda before it...and with the new Wii motion plus, my imagination really gets going..

2. The Conduit is simply going to be absurdly addicting, the heir to Perfect Dark, and the hands down best first person shooter for the Wii, with excellent online multiplayer. Any one with a Nintendo wii, who was ever a fan of Golden Eye, Perfect Dark or Halo, will want this one.

3. I can see this being a party favourite. New Super Mario looks flat out fun though simple in concept, like classic side-scrolling mario, but with a multiplayer twist. You can even grab the other players and throw them, whether its to save them, or to toss them in a hole so you get more points. The controls are simple, the setting classic, and seems to be THE fun multiplayer game for wii (thats not racing or sports related, ie Mario Kart and wii sports...)

4. I've had my eye on Spore for some time now, pretty much you get to create alien creature's from scratch, and however you make them (eight legs, four arms, wings, pinchers, stingers, hands, claws, whatever) the engine figures out the physics of how they'll move. After having played around witht he creature creator, I'm sold, I just can't wait for it to come to the Wii.

5. Wii Sports resort is gonna be the better version of Wii sports, with the use of the New Wii Motion plus (and addition which adds precision to the sometimes clumsy controls) with more games, including archery and sword fighting.....nuff said.

6. I've read some bad reviews of the balance board games so far (issues with limited exercises and limits of customization), Wii fit plus seems as though it's the answer to these issues with fully customizable fitness program, and a much wider array of activities, suffice it to say I'm not getting the balance board till this comes with it (as is intended)

7. This game just looks epic, though I haven't played Mario Galaxy, this one looks as though it'll be worth while, with many Yoshi's, some fun looking new concepts and some trippy graphics. I remember mario 64, and this moreso than Mario Galaxy 1 looks to be the true heir here.

8. Though the first Red Steel was apparently a mess, with the Wii Motion Plus, Red Steel 2 seems as though it may hold some promise for those of us who've wanted to swing the wiimote as a sword...

So far most Wii games have been half arsed cash grabs, these seem to be games that will be worth getting. Another i plan on getting is Virtua tennis, again available with the Motion Plus peripheral, Ive read some great things about it, and tennis is a great game for people to pick up and play, which should hold me over till wii sports resort comes out. There you have it, games I'll be getting. Thought I'd share this, given my frustration with the lack of quality so far, these seem to be the answer to my hopes.

Which games have been catching your eyes?

2. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Owning both the PS3 and Wii the only game I have been waiting for is White Knight on the PS3. I saw a preview of that game before the PS3 was even released and it is one of the many games I hoped would have been out late 2007 or so. Here it is now almost 3 years since I bought my PS3 and White Knight is close to being released.

The other game I'm waiting for is Dragon Age Origins on PS3. I know I should probably buy it on the PC but whenever I can play a game on controller vs. mouse/keyboard, I prefer the controller. These are the two games I'm waiting for to be released. As for the Wii, the only game I may pick up is Wii Fit Plus as I am now bored of Wii Fit.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2009
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.