1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Why so little interest in Dragonshard?

Discussion in 'Dragonshard' started by Death Rabbit, Nov 4, 2005.

1. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Bought it from EB. Played it for 6 days. Returned it on the 7th day. Bought FEAR in exchange. Loved every minute of it.

2. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    I borrowed this off our DM, didn't really like it. I just couldn't enjoy it.

3. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Bought it a month ago but can't play it due to having exactly the wrong video card...in BOTH gaming computers. -_-

4. Giles Barskins Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Bought this game a few months ago. Really liked it at first when I was teaching myself how to play doing skirmishes. Then I moved into the story. It's not bad, either. I like the dungeon crawling part of it.

However, I stopped playing it after the 4th or 5th mission because of the horrible load times. I'm talking like 3 minutes, seriously! Plus, the particular battle I'm in right now has an enormous horde or baddies that I don't have the patience to fight through. I'm a perfectionist and I want all of the medals, so that means every battle has to go perfectly and with long load times, well...

Fun game, but I wish it had more to offer. There's little-to-no interest in it anywhere on the web, so mods and such are non-existent. Too bad. I wish someone would come along and fill in some of the spots that Atari missed.

5. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I suppose real time strategies won't work without a big cenral server (e.g. Battle.net) or a reliable network of individual serwers. Perhaps Dragonshard died from lack of a steady battleground.

6. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Hmmm. Glad this got bumped up again. I got the game a while back as a present and couldn't play since I still had Win98. I'll have to dig it out once I'm done with MotB.

7. Nizidramanii'yt Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

I actually totally forgot about the game. A year ago when it got released, it was priced 45€ like the rest of the Pc games. Too much for what the game seemed to be imo. Now that I see it once more, I'm dying to pick it up but ironically can't find it anywhere. :o

EDIT: I scouted the Belgian salessites and I hope to pick it up in a few tendays.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2008
  8. cloudsprinter Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Dragonshard is rubbish

How Liquid Ent. managed to make such a bad RTS game with D+D rules is quite amazing. I eagerly installed the game and was very upset :mad: They made BattleRealms which was pretty good (now ancient) then some horrid LOTR rts which sucked 'War of the ring'? Then this awful game.

If it was Command=Conquer with Elves it would be ok but alas, it's really dull.

I could explain the issues further but, if you can buy it for $5/£5, just install it and expect the worst:p it's amusing.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.