1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Why on earth do they bring kids to this movie?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Mollusken, Dec 30, 2001.

1. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

In all honesty, I am 14. I am female. I was quiet through the movie and attempted to enjoy every second of it.

I did not talk, giggle, or shuffle. I have a phone. It was off.

It's safe to say that not everybody was like me. And the age was not the decisive factor.

I am quite sorry that not everybody can enjoy the movie QUIETLY; for what it's worth, I am sincerely ashamed of those (hopefully non-representative) members of my age-group.

[This message has been edited by Tiamat (edited January 01, 2002).]

2. Damona Silvercloud Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I meant no offense to anyone of a particular age group when I posted my rant. I hope that most of the people, young or old that hang out on these boards are smart enough to avoid those behaviors at movies.

Or, if you're the type to do those things, then you deserve to get offended. Actually, people who go to movies to ruin them for other people deserve a good smack.

3. Err... sorry for that uh... flaming back then, but I take serious offence when someone insults me, or discriminates my age group. the 2 times I went to see the movie I was quiet throughout the whole movie. The second time I had my dad's cell and it *was* on, but it doesn't make sound: it vibrates when someone calls.

4. Silverblade Guest

I never go to the movies early on the day. If you go late on the evening then there are less children.
    The thing I also find anoying are those crispering popcorn boxes and that cracking of popcorn in someones mouth. They should ban popcorn from the movies.

5. Namuras Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

...And make much less money. But yes, 'twould be nice. :heh:

Anyway, I saw it again today, and once again the silence was (almost) complete, despite the presence of some very young children.

6. Deathmaster Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

How about they show the movie after a certian time, say 6pm onwards where you must be 15 and over to see it, solving all problems, meaning people who don't want little kids disturbing them can go later.

7. Dark Xan Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I agree with shadow goddess, I am also 15.

As for the little kids I personnally love to see kids scared stupid, but they annoyed me this time to the point of yelling.

8. Asmodeus Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Reading the whole thread, I think only one conclusion can be drawn.
    It´s not kids, it isn´t the mobile phone, not the gigglig girls or the burping teenager who sits behind you nor the crack of popcorn. It´s the whole lot together and again it´s none of them.
    I think it´s only a matter of a little movie-theatre etiquette (Is that a proper english word?)

And a 4 year old exclaiming `THAT´S GANDALF!` doesn´t bother me at all, in fact such an exclaimation is rather touching and draws a melodramatic smile.....

9. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I kave to agree on the cell phones. I live in Finland, and cell phones are really common here... I know only two people or so besides myself who don't have them...

I can sometimes be a nuisance in the movies, because I find lots of things amusing, and am the only one who is shaking with muffled laughter... Do not get me wrong, I am not one of those people who laugh for everything, it's just that my sense of humor is kinda dark-ish and twisted...
    I watched the movie with a group of people that had 12- and 13-year olds with it, and they behaved quite well... for the fear that if they misbehave, they won't be allowed to go to the movies again. (Blackmail and threats are the way that the group home I am forced to live in works...) BUT... A 17-year old FELL ASLEEP AND SNORED during the LotR movie! I was utterly embarassed...

Ara
    (I hate my life. Somene give me a book)

{EDIT: Sorry about the terrible spelling... i try to not to do that again}

[This message has been edited by Arabwel (edited January 07, 2002).]

10. I hate mine too.
    *hugs Ara and they both drown in their tears*

11. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Hey, hey! Let me join the weeping club! :wail: :sosad:

12. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    *Weeps together with the others* thanks guys, made me feel a lot better. :)

Ara
    (Passed Latin! Got a D, but passed nonetheless! Yay!)

13. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Depends on what time you go. I've been at the movie twice. The first time it was the early movie (7 o'clock) in a smaller room. There where many kids. The second time I went to the late movie, in a very big room. That one ended at 1 o'clock in the night so no little kids where there, wich was a great relief for me :)

14. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

The first time I went there was mainly adults going. There was no cell phones, and if they had candy at least they tried to keep the noise down. I heard no talking either. Awesome movie experience.

The second time there was a lot of kids going to see it, and probably none of them did care about the movie at all. I bet they were all seeing it just because everyone else did. I think the cinemas should try to keep the noise levels down. They could put up signs with "No talking" and "No cell phones", and come and get anyone who can't behave during the movie. All I've seen is a short picture of a cell phone with a X over it right before the movie started. That is not enough.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.