1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Why isn't Viconia talking?

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Tyresian, May 7, 2001.

1. Tyresian Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Why cant i start a romance with viconia? are there restrictions or something? i created an evil character to romance her but she doesnt talk. anyone know why? if not anyone know any cheats to start the romance in the middle or something?

2. IronEagle Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Let me guess your main char is a Elf?

3. Tyresian Gems: 8/31

yea, that bad?

4. ayecapitan Guest

me guess is Viconia does not like elves, fer she be a drow elf... Elf be a racial enemy of sorts fer her

5. Bruce the Monk Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

you can still use Shadow keeper to change your main character elf status into human or half elf.

6. Enthasius Gems: 8/31

[​IMG] It might be that you have already started a romance with another character, perhaps you left Jahiera on your side for too long or something like that as once you've started a romance, other normally possible romances cannot be activated.

7. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] She just likes cool paladins...Like Me! :D

8. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Just to clarify an ealrier comment, you can actually have all of the available romances running at once. They will only stop when you get to a key part of the romance dialogue. Usuaully you will recognise it when there are two or more because you will be asked to chose between them in some way. However, if you recruited Viconia late, then it is possible that a higher romance rating with another character is putting her off.

If this is a problem, there is a patch you can get from the BG2 section of this site that lets you run all the romances despite 'chosing' one.

If you want to find out if there is anyhting going on have a read of this old post (that focused on Jaheira) that gives some tools you can use.

However, as you haven't said anything since the 'elf' suggestion I guess that is the problem anyway. I must admit to being puzzled by that, as I hadn't heard it before (though it is logical) and she was willing to romance my Half Elf.

Anyway, here's the link:
    http://www.sorcerers.net/ubb/Forum2/HTML/001746.html

9. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

[​IMG] Shave, and stop slouching. She's mistaking you for a dwarf! ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.