1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Why Are The Democrats So Scared? You Would Be Too

Discussion in 'Alley of Lingering Sighs' started by Chandos the Red, Jun 1, 2006.

1. Bassil Warbone Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Now who comes back with petty, snarky bullsh*t?
    Like I said, Don't take it personal :rolleyes:

2. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Cut the crap -- now.

3. Bassil Warbone Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Party Pooper :p

4. Drew

Drew Arrogant, contemptible, and obnoxious Adored Veteran

Media:
    @Bassil: I don't fervently defend him against all attacks. Just the ones I feel are unfounded. Clinton did lots of things that I didn't agree with. For example, he rolled protections on the spotted owl back and deregulated animal agriculture, especially the poultry industry, making the nations food supply even more unsafe than it already is. He really messed up with Israel and Palestine by trying to force Arafat to sign a very one sided agreement with Israel and then blaming him for refusing to sign and calling him non-cooperative. I didn't like his handling of the Hessian refugees, either. I really thought he should have fired Janet Reno afterthe Waco debacle.

You, however, were talking about mistakes made by people he appointed (that I even acknowledged as mistakes) and suggested that he should have been impeached for them. If Clinton actually took over tactical command in Waco, then I would have faulted him for the debacle. Given the fact that Bill Clinton was not qualified to command an FBI field activity, I can't fault him for delegating the task to people who were auspiciously more qualified to handle it than he was. In this case, Clinton did what he was supposed to do. He delegated the task to the experts.

5. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

Counterpoint: Bush, Paul Brown, and Katrina
    Some could argue that appointing such an incompetent would be grounds for impeachment. (I would not be one of them, though all the things adding up does paint a portrait...)

6. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    That's actually a good point Fel. It could be argued that it would have been difficult to find a less qualified person than Brown. The guy literally had no emergency managment experience. On the other hand, in some of the reports that came out months after Katrina, it doesn't appear that Brown messed up as bad as it originally looked. He was sounding the alarms trying to get help, but it appears that they were horrifically underfunded, and without good communications between agencies and with the White House, his hands were tied to a significant degree. He's not beyond reproach, but his handling of the situation now looks to be less bad than it initially appeared.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.