1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Who's your fav. NPC?

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by jesper898, Sep 5, 2001.

1. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] In bg1 i liked minsc because of boo <squeak> although i had to kill him because i took to long to get dynhaier. So my favourite character ended up probably being tiax because he will rule.

2. sorvo Guest

What about Garrick! He has a lot of potential.

3. Firestorm

Firestorm Beeep, Beeep, ERROR Veteran

KIVAN, definately he would kick minscs hairy ass anyday. I Luv Kivan, I HATE Minsc.

4. Orkrist the Cleaver Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Yeslick is the best. Am I the only one who thinks he rocks? Also, he is able to join the party just when the game is really gaining some steam. I may have to play this game again. Its huge!

Bettr part of valor, better part of valor!

5. kemanmaldea Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Imoen As becide you oun charictor she is the only Good alinment charictor you get virtually compleat controll over. After her Yeslick I think wins.

6. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    My favorites in BG were Minsc and Khalid, with Xan a close third.

I can't imagine playing BG without Minsc

Khalid is such a sissie, it's hilarious! :mommy:

Xan's whining cracks me up! "The sun shines, and I'm amazed to see another day!" :lol:

7. Namuras Gems: 13/31

Hmmm... Hard to say which is my favourite...
    Khalid, Kivan, Coran, Korax, Xzar, Xan, Edwin, Montaron, Minsc, Melicamp, Larry, Darryl, Darryl or the-fastest-dart-thrower-in-the-world(whatever his name is)?

Hmmm... *thinking* hmmmmmm...

Khalid. With Coran and Kivan close after.

"C-c-c-click on someone your own size!"

[This message has been edited by Namuras (edited September 29, 2001).]

8. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Why did no one named Korax the Ghoul??

Korax thinks you look very tasty today

9. Namuras Gems: 13/31

Damn! I forgot him! *me goes back to edit the previous post*

Korax would be my favourite if you could bring him with you, like a pet or even as a party member. 'Tis a pity he only gets dire charmed.

Korax will eat your enemies!

10. MD Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Minsc of course:)he is so cool. And Boo to!

11. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

Ok, I think everybody told what NPC he likes most. Let's now change the topic a bit. Who is the most annoying or dumb NPC?

For me, I go for Korax again... after a while he started to get ennoying :)

12. Namuras Gems: 13/31

Noober. When I'm passing through Nashkel, I always cast hold person on him so he can't talk.

13. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

well he DEFINETLY is the biggest asshole in the game, but I meant NPC's that can join your party.

14. ywpark89 Guest

for those who played BG2, they'll know minsc sucks. he can actually ruin a quest because he scares people away

15. Namuras Gems: 13/31

OK, then it's Quayle the hrrm... smart gnome. He really improved in BG2, it's just a pity you can't have him in your party then.

16. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Hmm, the character I found the most fun to have in the party is probably Quayle. He's amusing without being idiotic and is useful to boot. I like Khalid too, but the BG1 Jaheira is just awful (a stark contrast to the BG2 version, which I like alot). I'm too soft hearted to deliberately kill off Jaheira just to keep Khalid. Looking at dialogue files, I'd think Alora would be pretty funny to have around, especially in an evil tending party. However, IIRC, her thief skill distribution wasn't a very good match for my playstyle, so I never kept her around. :(

From an effectiveness POV, I'd rate Kivan the highest. He laid waste to everything. Can't live without him. :)

Aloha
    Vormaerin

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.