1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Who was worse - The Clinton or Bush Administration - and why?

Discussion in 'Alley of Lingering Sighs' started by martaug, Jul 19, 2008.

1. martaug Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Uh drew, did you miss that first word MEMBERS. I wasn't implyng the entire intelligence community. Heck, it's hard enough to get2 of them to agree, let alone the entire group.

And i offered facts & links to proof of them. whats your point. Just because you don't like them doesn't make them not true.
    This was a funny comparison that i decided to post. However, according to you, since i didn't list the author i'm plagarizing? Well than everybody that posts a link to an article that supports their position had better list the author or you will call them a plagarist i take it.

2. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    You've got to be kidding me...no way I just read that from a grown man in his 40's.

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] martaug, we expect you to link to any sources you copy from. That is, we expect you to post a link to the original text every time you take a chunk of text from somewhere else and it reposts it here. I've told you this before, it's an issue of copyright besides the obvious dishonesty that is passing off someone else's writing as your own.

And no, this isn't a "I'll do it when I feel like it" thing. We'll be giving infractions to anyone who doesn't comply with this common courtesy. Contrary to popular belief, Internet isn't a free-for-all zone where everyone can do whatever they want with the content they find. Linking back to the source you copy from is a bare minimum.

Death Rabbit likes this.
  4. Drew

Drew Arrogant, contemptible, and obnoxious Adored Veteran

Media:
    Martaug, all the information in the intelligence is compartmented and based on need to know. In the intelligence community, you are granted access only to compartments that you need in order to do your job, and on top of that, you also are only allowed access to the information from within that compartment that you need to know. Only very high ranking intelligence analysts whose sphere of influence encompasses Iraq and whose job requires them to have information about the status of Iraqi military capabilities would actually have access to sufficient information to make a judgment about the status of WMD in Iraq, and quite a few of that meager handful of people have talked.

5. martaug Gems: 23/31

Actually tal, it IS an "i'll do it when i feel like it" thing.
    You(the poster,not you tal) just have to realise there will be an infraction given(maybe) if you do it. Just another little gamble in life, no biggie.

6. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    [​IMG]
    Actually, Martaug, this is Tal's place. Most of us try to be supportive of what he's doing here. It's just courtesy to respect what he asks.

7. martaug Gems: 23/31

Oh i understand that chandos, i was just pointing out that just because something is going to get you an warning/infraction doesn't automatically mean it's not gonna happen. Just that you have to expect the consequences.

8. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:

:spin: That was perfect, joacqin.

Vukodlak likes this.
  9. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    martaug, one can only get so many infractions before we ban them. Infractions are given out to make a point about our rules. If they don't get the point across (i.e. the user does not want to respect our rules), the user doesn't get to play in our sandbox any more. Right now, there are several stages of moderation: warnings (mild), infractions (harsher), IotW/GMotW plaques (one step before a ban) and banning (from short-term to long-term or permanent). We do stretch this process far more than most other forums because we believe that banning should only be done in extreme cases, but that doesn't mean that it can't happen. Just FYI.

Anyway, enough off-topicness.

10. Cernak Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Coming in late, but I can't believe anyone is seriously asking this question at this point in history. Have you been in a coma for the past eight years, Mortaug? No doubt the stains on Ms. Whoever's dress were fairly disgusting, but they're really not large enough to cover the thousands of dead in Iraq. Whitewater was probably criminal--how much was it?--millions?--covered up too. Would you like to compare it to the billions in no-bid contracts granted in Iraq? Or the shabby incompetence of the "clean-up" after Katrina?

When Clinton left the presidency we were at peace, there was a surplus in the treasury, and the economy was growing. The exact opposite of these is now true. I'm no great fan of Bill Clinton, but it is little short of moronic to argue that Bush's presidency has been more successful than Clinton's. He is, almost certainly, destined to go down in history as one of our worst presidents, possibly as the very worst. But then, there's no convincing a True Believer.

Chandos the Red likes this.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.