1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Who Said That

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by T2Bruno, Oct 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Is there no limit to your knowledge, oh wise one of clattering bones? Next time it's my turn I'll go with some obscure finnish person, of whom you've never heard of! :grin:

But now, the name of this person would be..? Not Hendrik, but...

edit: or should I just pass this on to DarkStrider already? (not being quite sure about the right procedure, since I'm still wet behind the ears in here...)

[ December 17, 2005, 18:15: Message edited by: Ichor ]

2. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

It's really getting annoying with you people who post things like "I know but I'm not saying" or "He was in the same school as so-and-so". Either say who it is or stop with the obscureness. :nolike: It makes dummies like me even more dummies. :p

Newton?

3. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Nope, more recent, even if he's quite as dead in his physical form, but I'm sure his work still goes on...in some form or another...

4. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Last guess as I only know 4 physicists: Robert Oppenheimer?

5. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    I'm out of time here, so Arahar, you probably should go on, if you really know this on that is...

6. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

No don't pass it to me although I know who it is

7. kuemper Gems: 31/31

So wtf is it?!? :almostmad: Tell me!

8. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

I'm sorry, but that is NOT HOW THIS GAME IS PLAYED. Without confirmation or denial, we have to wait 24h from the last guess before going on, and then it's first come-first serve. If your statement implies you won't be online in the next 24h, so be it, but see below...

However, I really couldn't care less who goes next, and I certainly don't want the honours myself, but I *DO* want, by all that is holy, to KNOW THE ANSWER.

I'm sorry, but IT'S THE **** TITLE OF THE **** THREAD!!! who said that To put this up here and NOT tell us <thread title> is just frickin RUDE. :toofar:

EDIT: okay, if Ichor doesn't come back in time, could someone who "knows but doesn't want to say" please TELL ME when you IJA?

9. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Peace all. :hippy:

Konrad Lorenz.

Now let's move along.

edit: He was the grey goose man by the way. Rather important guy.

10. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

i'm the most well-read guy i know, by far. but during this game, i feel like a real fricking moron :/

11. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Thank you, Nakia. Still don't have a clue who he is though. Me's dumb. :p

12. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    @kuemper and those interested: http://www.psy.pdx.edu/PsiCafe/KeyTheorists/Lorenz.htm
    He was a zoologist and ethologist not a physicist, at least not what I think of when I think of physicists which is rarely.

@Enagonios don't feel bad it is a matter of luck. There are 2 or 3 people here who seem to have eclectic memories.

----------------------------------------------------
    Softball for true SciFi Fans: Bonus character who said and book it is from.

Of all the nonsense that twists the world, the concept of 'altruism' is the worst. People do what they want to do, every time.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    My favorite.

[ December 18, 2005, 00:04: Message edited by: Nakia ]

13. Arahar

Arahar Hmm, it's a dwarf. Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Robert Heinlein

Take Back Your Government

Can't remember which character said it but my favorite quote of his is:

"Of all the so-called natural human rights that have ever been invented, liberty is least likely to be cheap and is never free of cost."

14. Nakia

Media:
    Right, Arahar, Your turn.

To be fair he used this or a similar quote frequently I was thinking of:

Jubal E. Harshaw in Stranger in a Strange Land

Lazarus Long also used a similar quote.

Heinlein has a lot of quotes I concsider great but many would be a little too controversal.

15. Arahar

Cinema has only been around for about 100 years. Has all of the world's violence towards women taken place only within the past 100 years?

16. Nakia

Media:
    Since no one has even tried to guess I'll stick my two cents in.

Oprah Winfrey?

17. Arahar

18. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Roger Ebert?

19. Arahar

nope :)

hint: He's an author

20. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Jeffrey Archer?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.