1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Who is your favourite X-man / woman / thing?

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Harbourboy, May 3, 2005.

1. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Psylock, Rogue and Wolverine are my favourits. I have always hated Gambit for some strange reason so I wasn't thrilled at all when I hearth he was in X-men 3...

2. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I always liked Wolverine, Collosus and Nightcrawler...Kitty was cool too. But when I read the comics, she was just a junior mutant. She wasn't an offical X-man.

3. ethis123 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Easy, its got to be Gambit! Why? who knows probably the whole outsider thing and the chasing after the unattainable woman. Then its Sinister mainly because he looks pretty awesome

4. Lynadin Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I always liked Wolverine best in the comics, in the movies it has to be Colossos and Nightcrawler.
    I hope we get to see Beast in the next...

5. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Hmmm, I don't remember that - if I recall correctly she joined the X-Men directly. The New Mutants (the kiddie team) was formed shortly after this and Kitty was busted down from the X-Men onto the New Mutants roster for one entire comic book before she proved to Xavier that she was X-Man worthy and got reinstated to the main team. She was most certainly not amused at the demotion and most of the other X-Men were not all that happy about it either.

6. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Kurt Wagner. He's the funniest character ever

7. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Wolverine.

8. Sydax Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG]
    But he can't control Magneto thanks to his helmet; but what I like the most in Magneto is his goal, not just to be the 'king of the world'.

9. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Wolverine
    Gambit
    Cable (Cyclops and Jean Greys son)

10. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Gambit and Wolverine. Can't beat 'em ;)

11. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Storm and Gambit here.

12. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Psylock, Wolverine, Storm, and Kitty. Order would be wolvie and then the rest.

13. Jhonka

Jhonka This is the face of Justice Veteran

Another Colossus fan here, he's been my favorite ever since I was a little kid.

14. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I am going to be uncontroversial and unorginial but I have to say Wolverine. He just is that cool.

15. The Irreligious Paladin Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

My favorites have always been Gambit, Wolverine, and Beast. In no particular order.

16. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    When I first started reading X-Men, Colossus was my favorite. Then I became somewhat impressed/infatuated with Jean Grey. Now, definitely Jean Grey -- Famke Janssen just does it for me (every since I saw her as the metamorph in TNG, then they gave her spots to Dax...).

17. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

My real name is Peter, fore those who were wondering about the Russified name link with Colossus.

To clarify, Kitty Pryde (Pride?) WAS an X-Man for a while, and was later demoted to a New Mutant, and later . . . well, I stopped reading comics, sadly, but whatever. Another reason I liked Colossus was that he managed to get busy with Kitty :evil:

On that note, when Storm stopped being an African Goddess type and dressed like a vicious punk and showed lots of cleavage . . . I liked her a LOT more :evil: :evil:

I tend to like heroes who can

A) fly and
    B) Project some sort of energy beam. On that basis, there's not an X-Man who qualifies on both counts, IIRC. Too bad.

18. Lynadin Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

What about Storm, she can fly and throw those lightning charges. :D

Hmm anyway, I can't imagine how Juggernaut fits in.

Angel, Beast, The Sentinels are all connected, but Juggernaut was much earlier that the Phoenix saga. And his return was much later. So i don't understand, how he's going to fit in the film :confused:

19. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Well, Lynadin, Storm doesn't project her lightening bolts, she summons them from the sky. Her flying ability is also pretty wimpy, as she has very little control.

As for Juggie and the rest of the gang, it's not like the films are being SUPER faithful to the comic book storyline, so if they want to they'll fit him in wherever they feel like.

20. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Actually, Juggernaut turned up for a visit right at the beginning of the Pheonix saga - he didn't have to go up against Pheonix though - if I recall correctly she was still recovering after the shuttle crash.

That was the story line where Nightcrawler teamed up with the Cassidy Keep leprechauns to rescue the team from Juggernaut and Black Tom. :rolleyes:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.