1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Who is your favourite God?

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons + Other RPGs' started by Zen The Christmas Wizard, Oct 30, 2001.

1. void Guest

My favouites are:

Amaunator, God of the sun

Vecna, God of secrets

Ehlonna, Godess of the woodlands

and Corllon Larethian, God of the elves

Cheers, Void.

[This message has been edited by void (edited November 05, 2001).]

2. Cormyr fans will recognize from my name that mine is Lathander. Mind you, I am not a morning person...

Ive had a soft spot for Helm since I got ajantis the first ever game of BG I played.

Illmater, fellow Lawful good, very good.

Arvoreen, gotta love Mazzy's god :)

Hate Cyric, what a wiener, (sp?)

Nope, Lathander is the best.

3. Lady of the Lake Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I try to like all the Gods - they go berserk when you don't love 'em , you know ;) - but my favourites are:
    Mask
    Shar(much more interesting then Selune IMHO)
    Talos
    Tiamat(the metal band is also one of my favs)
    Lolth
    Well, what can I say. I'm evil... :evil:

4. Sol'Kanar Guest

Vhaeraun, who it seems is quite neglected
    also: Eilistraee, Cyric, Mask, and Vecna (though he isn't FR)

5. Azardu Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I wish Tharizdun would have found a way to get to Toril. Goodbye Forgotten Realms!
    Muhahaha.

6. Firestorm

Firestorm Beeep, Beeep, ERROR Veteran

Who is that Azardu? I never heard of him/her/it.

7. Damona Silvercloud Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I love the whole Paladine-Takhisis thing. Reorx is great too. I like the FR pantheon well enough, but I like DL better.

8. Khazar Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I'm a Half-Elf Fighter/Mage/Theif but my favourites are:

1:Moradin
    2:Helm
    3:Bhaal

9. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Tharizdun is the chief evil diety of Oerth (the Greyhawk campaign). He was imprisoned by the good guys with the connivance of the 'lesser' evil powers. There was an old 1st edition adventure "The Forgotten Temple of Tharizdun" that mentioned him and I gather he's getting some airtime in the 3rd edition stuff.

He was pretty much treated as a 'dead' god in the early material, he had a bigger role in Gygax's "Gord the Rogue" books (which were set in Greyhawk).

Aloha
    Vormaerin

10. Azardu Gems: 9/31

Tharizdun is the ultimate evil. He was imprisoned by the other gods because he wanted to destroy the whole universe, or something like that. He is so strong that the prison they have to use to keep him is made out of his own power. The prison is sealed by three keys, which on the event of their rejoining, will bring about the end of all. Well, unless I misunderstood great parts of I read about him, that is.

And yes, he does play some parts in the third edition as well, that is in the adventure named "Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil".
    (Currently playing in that adventure, by the way. My elven bard/fighter has just been cursed by Tharizdun, for defying him. Something my character takes pride in, despite suffering a permanent -2 to all saving throws.)

Damn, I wish I could get those Gord books somewhere. Could anyone tell me what their full names are, if they are still in production?

11. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Cyric.
    And Kezef. The Chaos hound bows for No One. It took the combined power of 12 GODS to put him behind bars the 1st time, how are they gonna do it again? He's a badass.

12. Azardu Gems: 9/31

The second time he was tricked into a trap set by Mask, I think. The book is called "Cyric the Mad" if I am not completely mistaken. But it's been a long time since I read that book, so I might very well be :p

13. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Naw, it was the Prince of Lies :)
    But he's still a badass! Now that idiot Mask is running all the time hehe. But I think in Crucible [Trial of Cyric the Mad] he gets a sword that will slay any hound... cheating putz.

14. Azardu Gems: 9/31

Ah, my mistake then. ;)

15. Xaelifer Gems: 10/31

[​IMG] I wonder if anyone creates their own customized gods to play with besides me...

16. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Sure, lots of people do. The majority of DMs who design their own worlds do so, as far as I have seen.

However, this type of topic isn't likely to draw those sorts out. It tends to attract the players of published worlds. After all, what's the point of saying my favorite god is the Elquaric deity, Velm? Who's going to know what I am talking about, except the dozen or so people who have ever played in that DM's world?

Aloha
    Vormaerin

17. Xaelifer Gems: 10/31

[​IMG] Ah. So I blindly grasp that this god must be from the good old Forgotten Realms, yes?
    I'd have to go with...uh...Helm.

Why?

His paladins have the thickest, easy-peel type flesh.

Heh, heh, heh.

18. Azardu Gems: 9/31

Xaelifer: Yeah, but don't you just hate all that armor they come in? I hate canned food.

And I think the god can be from any published campaign world.

19. gollum Banned

Bhaal

20. MD Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] 1.:cool:Helm:cool:
    2.:evil:Bhall:evil:
    3.:evil:Bane:evil:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.