1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Who is the biggest threat to world peace?

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Cúchulainn, Nov 3, 2006.

1. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Good point Ziad. I didn`t think about that one. But still....he got elected twice though. No matter what kind of system is in use.

2. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    David Hasslehoff.

3. Dengo Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Veteran

Why? He was my hero when I was a kid, Knight Rider was being shown here in 80s. Why do some people hate him? Don't hassle the Hoff.

4. Kara Ay Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Ahmedinejad isn't the biggest threat,just because his country tries to have nuclear weapons doesn't make him more dangerous...Israel and some other countries in Middle East already have them...But what's more important is how he uses his power...Unlike Bush he hasn't started invading countries and while i don't have much info on him,i can say that he's against Israel killing innocent people...

The most dangerous people on earth are the people who control US economy....

5. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

The US and Israel. This is because of their general existance. Just by being around, they give people around the world a "just" cause to rally against them and wage shadow wars.

However, if it weren't them, it would be other states, so it doesn't really matter anymore.

6. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    One word: Kerry :shake:

Oh yeah, add Ehud Olmert to my above little list. He's almost as mad as Ahmadinejad anyway (not as much I think - hard to compete with that one)

7. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I really am surprised no one has suggested North Korea as an actual threat. Maybe it's because I think Kim Il Jong is scarier and more dangerous than Bush. Perhaps if we could follow Kim Il Jong's every political, but we can only speculate.

8. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

December 1941, probably later on the 7th, Admiral Yamamoto (I think that was his name) of Japan was quoted as saying "I fear that we have awakened a sleeping giant and filled him with a terrible resolve."

The biggest threat to world peace are the idiots who keep poking the US with a sharp stick and laughing their asses off starting from Bin Laden, going through Saddam Hussein, Al Zarkawi, this guy in Iran and Kim Jong Il. As long as nations or groups seek to provoke the wrath of the US, there will be no peace.

9. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

In other words the ROI should bend over for the US.

10. Argohir Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

So you say don't anger daddy and be a good child. Maybe US is provoking the wrath of others?

11. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

Of course not, they are only looking out for the good of the world. They invade selflessly bear the costs.

Peter Hain should ask Bush to help out on the next 12th July, ie bomb Belfast to save us from the Orange March :D

12. Gnarfflinger

Who hijacked planes and flew them into the WTC on 9/11? These other nations also seek to humiliate the US publicly and don't support any campaign to eliminate terrorist organizations continue to provoke them.

13. Equester Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

a countryless terrorist organisation hijacked the planes. not iraq or afghanistan.

with its current foreign politics I would say US is the biggest threat to world peace.

the whole your either with us or against us policy a long with constantly provoking other nation by fighting unjust wars and not punishing its own war-criminals, does nothing but damage the US image and provoke people around the world.
    the picture you get of US today is a self-centeret bully, who think he can justify anything through strenght of arms and threats.

Hopefully you guys and girls over there will elect a smarter leader next time :)

14. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

Gnarf - As we know Iraq had nothing to do with 11 September, however the only building that will be completed on time will be the largest embassy ever - a super hotel for Americans, while Iraqis still don't have enough electricty or clean drinking water.

15. Argohir Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

You know what Blind Guardian says about US in Battalions of Fear: "Be by my side or you have to die."

16. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

The ones with the biggest guns are the biggest threat to world peace. Come on, if you had a massive gun, you'd use it too!

17. Nataraja Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Media:
    I don't think Kim Jong Il is taken as much of a threat because he is just this short crazy guy who wears platform shoes and puffs his hair up to make himself look taller. He can barely feed his people, barely keep them occupied in the workforce due to extreme shortages of materials to work with. He is just this big joke. He has just got that small dog syndrome thing. His bark is worse than his bite.

The opposite can be said for the US government, regardless if it is democrat or republican, as they are pretty much the same in the end. The democrat party is rightwing yet compared to the republican party its leftwing because the republican party is so far right that its almost fascist. No matter who they have running the place, they will be a threat to world peace because they can pretty much do anything they please. If the UN says "Hey, give us good evidence for you to invade Iraq", the US just goes ahead and ignores the UN and does as it pleases. However, because it's the "land of the free" *cough-yeah right-cough*, it can and will and does get away with doing anything it feels like doing.

18. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I can't take Kim Jong Il seriously ever since Rove "interviewed" him a few weeks ago, and he kept wanting to do crazy things so he could get on the "What the ?!" segment.

19. Gnarfflinger

Bottom line, you've got a big pitbull sleaping peacefully in his yard. Some idiot pokes him with a sharp stick, he's going to be pissed off, and come out snapping and growling. The more some nations keep taunting them, the more they will continue striking out. If the rest of the world will just learn when to lay low and let things simmer down, then we may have a chance at world peace for a brief while.

20. Nataraja Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Media:
    The only two nations that taunted the US were Germany in WW1, which lead to the US awakening from its isolationist period, and then the Japanese in WW2 with Pearl Harbour. Every other 'provocation' has been the US interfering in other peoples affairs, sticking their noses where they don't belong.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.