1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Who has an emotional attachment?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Elementus, Jun 27, 2002.

1. Memosarks Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

For me, my attachment is having my good buddy Edwin in every party, then torturing him all through the game by being consistantly good all the time, but not too good that he leaves. I just love hearing him complain, then doing my bidding by being the best mage I ever had...

2. Xandar Dae'Ithil Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Yeah, prolly 99% of my BG games, I'm an elf, anything else I get kinda bored.

3. Elementus Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Anyone ever get bored while soloing? I do, I must have a parrty to interact with in this game, as long as you have the option why not? On other games it can be a different story, even in BG I solo once in a while, but not in BG II. I always end up with:
    Me (elf of course)
    Minsc
    Imoen
    Jaheria or Aerie (rarely Voconia)
    Sarevok
    Valygar

I have almost always have a romance going on. I just like to absorb the possibilities.

4. Abyssal Knight Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I also always have to have Edwin in my party because he is an awesome mage, but evil is so hard to play so I have to play good and have Edwin whine the whole game.

5. Elementus Gems: 4/31

[​IMG] I enjoy Edwins whining, makes me smile. I do miss the "keep clicking on portrait" thing that some games have, like the origanal BG. On this one you have to keep clicking move and so on and so forth, oh.....I miss Xzar in my party...classic. I also like to see communication problems with Minsc and Cernd, oh and dont forget Jan!..just imagine this:
    Minsc: I shall bring evil to its bloody knees! butt kicking for goodness (you get the point)
    Cernd: But yet the bamboo bends in the wind, as the poor sense of humor of Elementus
    Minsc: But Elementus be a fist of justice
    Cernd: But Elementus is unbalanced, like a willow tree struck by lightning
    Jan: But like my uncle Spanky used to say, one turnip in the bush is another in a bundle, or something. Just like the Giant Turnip Incident of 45' that is when Aunt Gerty started growing giant, mutant turnips...blah blah....
    Sarevok: DIE!
    Sarevok: Critical hit on Elementus
    Elementus: Death
    Minsc: Summon Boo
    Boo: Critical hot on Sarevok
    Sarevok: Death
    Cernd: Heart Attack
    Cernd: Death
    Jan: Still talking: runs out of breath
    Jan: Death

yep, I spent ten minutes making this up, but you get my point, a nice portion of BG II is wordy, and I love it! gives character and adds a bit to your role playing experiance! Tee hee hee! :D

Just a thought.....I have this "attachment" to characters who talk alot, but I dont use Jan much.
    Want to see my Boo?
    -Quoted from Minsc-

6. Deth Guest

[​IMG] I always get a kick out of the comments from lillicor (that talking sword).
    :hahaerr:

7. jesper898 Guest

I dont do the de' arnise keep till im very high level(so i ca kill the umber hulks without having to sacrifice the dogs)

8. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

How odd, I kill the dogs even when I don't have a cooking class. They give éxp, you know...

9. Grondor Ironhelm Gems: 1/31

Everytime I play I just have to give Minsc the Lilarcor. The two wackos together is such a fun combination. And I feel sorry if I move Minsc out of my party for any reason. I'm just very attached to the big galoot. Oh and boo cries if I get rid of him. Am I playing too much BG2? hmm...

10. StormCast Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Sword of chaos gets upgraded when you give it to sarajevoc in ToB, but you got to GIVE it to him. I gets much much better (+3 or +4, and other nice special abillities), but as he sais... Its not as good as it was.

11. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    It only gets upgraded in one of the mods (I don't remember which). Not in the unmodified game.

12. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I used to have an emotional attachment on Anomen... couldn't play without the guy.... Now, I think I have the same attachment on Kelsey....

I also love having Edwin in my party, no matter how good or evil I am. He is, well, someone I would really like to know in real life. (We'd complain each other to oblivion :p )

Ara
    (Tedious monkey work.... *Edwin: Hey, that's my line!* *me: So what?* *Edwin: *casts magic missile* *me: Eeep!*ducks*)

13. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I have an obbsession with katana's and dualwielding. I used to have an obsession with chaotic good alignment but now, well, neutral evil has taken over :evil:
    And i've also got an increadable obsession with the kensai. I think Shura has a bit too much influence on my descisions...

14. Hassassin Gems: 4/31

Veteran

Hehe ... tried several characters, but always re-started the game with a dual wielding kensai or a swashbuckler. (Time to read Go-Rin-No-Sho again ;) ). Minsc + Jaheira + Aerie are always in my party, and I take the others for the respective quests.
    After all it is a RPG game, so it is apparent that everyone will find some options more attractive as others :)

15. komei Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I always seem to choose True Neutral or Chaotic Neutral Alignment... (although that will have to change if I am a Paladin next time :( )

Yes, I too always seem to keep Minsc... although I did drop him for Saverok in ToB the first time I did ToB...

I found it easy to ditch Jaheira for Aerie and/or Viconia and Mazzy though.

I too always end up mainly dual wielding katanas, or at least a katana and a longsword, Celestial Fury being the main weapon at least until near the end of ToB (except in a few circumstances with opponents who need certain weapons to deal with - i.e. clay golems and magic golems)! I guess we are all Samurai mad!

Also, any weapon that has a name (ie that isnt just called 'Long Sword+x' etc) I tend to keep and not sell in a bag of holding!

Finally, if I have a mage who can't scribe any more scrolls due to Intelligence limit I wait ages and ages until I have loads of scrolls he/she can't memorise before drinking an Intelligence potion and then scribing away! It's so fun hear it go CHING CHING CHING as you sribe scroll after scroll...! :p

[ September 25, 2002, 15:18: Message edited by: komei ]

16. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] I also have an emotional attachment to Anomen, killing Anomen that is :evil:
    I am also usualy an elf or half elf, there is just something about them...
    Oh, and blue hair, blue hair rules!

17. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I agree with komei about hording spells before scribing them. Love to see the entire dialogue box filled with "party gains experience: x000"

I also have a thing with potions, especially extra healing and invisibility (for backstabbing). I always tell myself I'll use them when I really need it. But then they just pile up and I start wasting them.

18. Elementus Gems: 4/31

[​IMG] I made this post a long time ago.... Lets add a new twist for this topic, emotional attachments to something so incredibly minor its just wierd, for example: You only allow yourself to kill one commoner, or even better yet, you only cast a small group of spells, nothing else. I dont know, what do you keep on doing? and if you dont do it, you feel bad.....

19. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Sometimes and I just have to cast every last spell memorized or use every daily-rechargable item before I rest.

And if I don't, I feel like I'm wasting those unused spells or abilities.

20. Hazel Gems: 1/31

I have to say I'm truly obsessed with Minsc. He has THE best lines! I mean, come on, 'Boo must have his exercise! Lest he bite us all in hard to reach places!' and Anomen, and Imoen. I got the guts to kick Jaheira out.... I had to have _the_ perfect party:

Hazel- Fighter/Mage/Thief (me.. obviously...)
    Anomen- Fighter/Cleric
    Imoen- Figher/Mage/Thief
    Nalia- Fighter/Mage/Thief(more mages the better)
    Keldorn- Inquistor
    Minsc & Boo- Ranger

I was a true god by the end of the game. I had taken every chance possible to fight and had maxed my levels out for every class. Only a few good, long hours of gameplay. ;P

I really did turn out to love Imoen and Minsc & Boo. Minsc's comments were beyond classical, and Imoen was my 'trusty half-sister', always filled with inspiration. *Shrugs*

Jan didn't seem to like me, and I didn't turn out to like him. *Cough* Oh well. I almost considered getting Sarevok in my party. I was attached to him, too, even if he had tried to kill me in BGI. I don't know, he just seemed like a real cool guy.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.