1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

who do you play?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Eyebreaker7, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

I tend to play elves/half-elves. I play either FC, RC, FM. Sometimes I go for a dwarven FC, a gnome FI or more rarely a human Swashbuckler 10/Cleric x. I once tried a halforc CT but quickly started over.

I always use Jeheira (for romance mostly), more often than not: Kivan (mod NPC), Auren (mod NPC), Xan (mod NPC), Nalia, Imoen & Keldorn. More rarely I use Anomen, Minsc, Valygar, Mazzy

I play after which NPC's I want to use.

2. starfox64 Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

I take a blade or avenger with the "Copper Coronet Crew". If I'm a blade; it's Minsc, Jaheira, Korgan, Nalia, and Anomen. If I'm an avenger; it's Minsc, Korgan, Nalia, Anomen, and Yoshimo/Imoen.

You make the team pretty much from the start of the game and you don't have to travel around to get companions.

3. Scythesong Immortal Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Media:
    Druid kits, the Wild Mage and Bard kits. I've played every kit at least half-way through ToB but I enjoyed these the most. That was years ago though.

Minsc, Jaheira and Imoen are almost always in my party. I'm partial to Nalia and Haer Dalis, though I try to use the other NPC's as much as I can.
    The only NPC I rarely use is Sarevok, usually because by the time I get him I've grown attached to my current party.

4. Cal Jones

Cal Jones I'm not dead yet

I used to feel that way about Yoshimo too, but recently I've begun using him again, and I do actually like him a lot. Of course, you get a nice 200,000 XP for taking his heart to the temple.
    But, if you have Unfinished Business, the Sarevok's Remorse component adds additional Yoshimo content, and with Turnabout you can also resurrect him for the final battle with Melissan providing that you have taken his heart to the temple (you can choose 3 dead NPCs to resurrect for the battle, though only one gets to live again after. I chose Yoshimo, and found the payoff quite touching).

I don't like Korgan either but I have a soft spot for Eddie - I find him rather amusing.
    You can, of course, redeem him if you play Laufey's Edwin romance (which is one of the most entertaining romances for a female PC) - there's a dialogue option following the Bodhi abduction which potentially changes him to neutral. He becomes quite a sweetheart in ToB (though only to the PC - he's still snarky and sarcastic to everyone else, of course).

I can understand that, which is why I usually go through SoA with only five characters - I hate to dump one of them. Alternatively you could take on of those SoA-only mod characters in your sixth slot and then take Sarevok for ToB.
    He is well worth having - I like that you can redeem him, and with Ascension he gets a little extra content as well.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2008
    Shaitan likes this.
  5. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I did not know that! I would like to try this one, but I never ever play with female PCs. I know, by editing some variables he can romance a male PC too.

I once romanced Anomen with a male PC thanks to a tweak, out of sheer curiosity to try out the only original romance I haven't seen, and found himself quite interesting and playable as a NPC. I used to hate his guts before. But the same thing with Edwin sounds extremely yucky.. :grin: :roll:

6. Cal Jones

Cal Jones I'm not dead yet

I must say I still can't stand Anomen - he's either bragging or being patronising. I also hate that his romance goes to the committed stage after he passes his knight test, rather than after any smooching. It's quite possible to find yourself in a committed relationship with him without ever having accepted any romantic overtures - which strikes me as wrong. I guess Bioware did this because there was only the one romanceable male, but it's a pain in the ass when you are trying to romance a mod NPC (but want Anomen around for his reactions and/or clerical abilities).

I guess some women like Anomen once he gets to ToB but I still find him just, well, not the sort of guy I'd want to date, frankly. Besides, he looks like he's had a bad nose job.
    I like the fact he makes undead explode, though. :D

7. Proteus_za

Proteus_za

It must be the nose.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.