1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Which Norse God Or Goddess Are You Most Like?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by shadow lurker, Feb 27, 2007.

1. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Njord 90%
    Tyr 60%
    Odin 60%
    Loki 60%
    Freyr 50%
    Balder 40%
    Frigg 40%
    Heimdall 40%
    Hel 40%
    Skadi 30%
    Bragi 30%
    Thor 30%
    Freya 30%
    Sif 20%

I don't know much about any of the Norse gods...so meh. :rolling:

2. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

You scored as Loki. (but alas, I could never hope to match the Lokasenna)

Freyr 60%
    Bragi 60%
    Hel 60%
    Loki 60%
    Thor 60%
    Skadi 50%
    Njord 40%
    Sif 40%
    Freya 40%
    Balder 30%
    Heimdall 30%
    Frigg 20%
    Tyr 10%
    Odin 10%

"Loki is one of the major deities in the Norse pantheon. He is a son of the giant Farbauti ("cruel striker") and the giantess Laufy. He is regarded as one of Aesir, but is on occasion their enemy. He is connected with fire and magic, and can assume many different shapes (horse, falcon, fly). He is crafty and malicious, but also heroic. The ambivalent god grows progressively more unpleasant, and is directly responsible for the death of Balder, the god of light." ... and my offspring shall be the doom of you all! Bwahaha!! Ha! Umm... but first onto that business with Sleipnir. :aww:

3. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

4. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

You scored as Loki.

Loki 100%

Njord 80%

Balder 80%

Thor 70%

Tyr 60%

Freyr 50%

Bragi 50%

Frigg 40%

Hel 40%

Heimdall 40%

Odin 40%

Skadi 20%

Freya 20%

Sif 20%

well, i am not suprised. and honestly i can be quite a bastard at times

5. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

You scored as Njord.

Njord 70%
    Freyr 60%
    Loki 60%
    Balder 50%
    Thor 40%
    Frigg 40%
    Heimdall 40%
    Tyr 40%
    Skadi 40%
    Hel 30%
    Odin 20%
    Bragi 20%
    Freya 20%
    Sif 10%

6. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31

@Ofelix
    Yeah I did that too. :D

@Warrior of the World
    Oh yeah... :D I just re-read her description.

"In Norse mythology, Freya is a goddess of love and fertility, and the most beautiful and propitious of the goddesses. She is the patron goddess of crops and birth, the symbol of sensuality and was called upon in matters of love. She loves music, spring and flowers, and is particularly fond of the elves (fairies). Freya is one of the foremost goddesses of the Vanir."

I think I assumed she was a 'mother' type goddess after seeing the 'birth' bit. Looks like a have quite a few 'brothers' (Freyr) and 'fathers' (Njord) here..haha.

7. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I'm not so sure about that, I think the site posted wrong information there... Freyr had more prominence in agriculture then Freyja (as did Sif most likely) did and Frigga had more governance in childbirth and motherhood then Freyja did (all things involving women ultimately fell under the jurisdiction of Frigga). Freyja was involved with things like lust, greed, love and magic... the most prominent myth about her details her acquisition of the Necklace of Brisings in which she sells herself to four dwarf brothers in order to get necklace.

8. Ironhawk Skylord

Ironhawk Skylord If a tree kills alone in the forest, does it make

Njord 80%
    Freyr 80%
    Thor 60%
    Freya 60%
    Bragi 40%
    Balder 40%
    Heimdall 40%
    Loki 40%
    Odin 40%
    Hel 40%
    Skadi 40%
    Sif 20%
    Tyr 20%
    Frigg 20%

Hmm... not too bad. ;)

@Ilmaters's Suffering:

True. But she was also a goddess of death and war. She would receive half of the men who died in battle in her hall Folkvang, and Odin would receive the other half in Valhalla.

There is theories about Freya and Frigg being two versions of the same goddess.

9. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I know I'm getting a little off topic so I won't post any further about this.

Anyway poets like Snorri and other writers of the Edda's make it pretty clear that Freyja and Frigga where two different people. In the earliest tellings of the Necklace of Brisings, there is an implication of a relationship between Heimdall and Freyja and in that edda and others, Freyja and Odin have often seemingly antagonistic interactions (he also willing at first to marry Freyja to Thrymr, I believe it is Thrymr, in exchange for Mjölnir). Frigga is heavily based on proto-Germanic fertility goddesses while Freyja has striking similarities to Aphrodite (Norse mythology is notorious for borrowing from other ethnic group's mythology, Idun's tree of youth is borrowed from Greek mythology, The ship of deadmen's nails at Ragnarök is borrowed from Arabic mythology and Baldr contains both characteristics of Apollo and Christ). There are scholars who also like to posit that the Vanir witch who instigates the war between the Aesir and the Vanir is really Freyja as well because of her beauty, use of magic (this is significant because if was Freyja who taught witchcraft to the Aesir) and lust for gold.

There are also some scholars of Norse Mythology who believe Heimdall and Tyr to be one and the same, specifically since Tyr is an ambiguous and hazy god, similar to Frigga. However Snorri says there are 12 gods and goddesses so by the... 13th century (can't remember when Snorri lived) Tyr and Heimdall and Frigga and Freyja had strong enough distinctions to definitively separate them.

In terms of overlap between Freyja and Frigga, it may stem from the fact that the merge of the Vanir and Aesir is sometimes seen as the religious group that worshiped the Aesir absorbing the group that worshiped the Vanir. The Aesir had they always been a war pantheon or be that something that changed upon the union of the two faiths, they would had still had a fertility figure. Now when you mix in a naturalistic/fertility sect like the worshipers of the Vanir, one is bound to have overlap between the existing fertility figure and the prominent new ones (like Freyja and possibly Sif who probably also isn't a native to the Aesir pantheon).

10. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I got a tie breaker.

11. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Loki 100%

Hmm...

12. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

I am Odin the Allfather.

Odin 90%
    Bragi 70%
    Balder 70%
    Loki 70%
    Frigg 60%
    Hel 50%
    Tyr 40%
    Thor 40%
    Freya 30%
    Heimdall 30%
    Njord 30%
    Sif 30%
    Freyr 20%
    Skadi 20%

13. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Had a tie-breaker question. Ended up with:

You scored as Tyr.

Freyr

70%
    Tyr

70%
    Loki

70%
    Bragi

60%
    Njord

60%
    Odin

50%
    Freya

40%
    Frigg

40%
    Hel

40%
    Balder

40%
    Skadi

20%
    Thor

20%
    Heimdall

10%
    Sif

0%

Hmm, Tyr's description matches his FR setting counterpart exactly. A martial God of good with only one arm who believes in truth and justice. I don't think my result in this particular test was accurate.

I guess it was because of my tie-breaker. I had to choose between:

I like fire.
    I don't like dogs.
    I like rain.

Chose the dogs option. Guess it must've been a dog that took that arm off :D

14. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Odin 70%
    Loki 60%
    Njord 50%
    Skadi 50%
    Freyr 40%
    Hel 40%
    Bragi 30%
    Tyr 30%
    Frigg 30%
    Thor 30%
    Balder 20%
    Freya 20%
    Sif 20%
    Heimdall 20%

Apparantly I'm Odin. Who'd of thought it...

15. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31

@Ilmater's Suffering
    Yeah I thought that bit about crops and birth was a little odd too because I don't think I've seen that anywhere else. I'm getting mixed up with other ancient gods though so I might do some reading tomorrow to re-fresh my memory.

16. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

it was the wolf fenris that bit the arm of off tyr, when he tried to chain it.

i can't remeber to what though...

17. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

I'm Loki. Figures.

18. hedron Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Veteran

You scored as Njord.

Njord 90%
    Freyr 90%
    Tyr 70%
    Loki 70%
    Odin 60%
    Bragi 60%
    Thor 60%
    Freya 60%
    Frigg 50%
    Hel 50%
    Sif 50%
    Balder 40%
    Heimdall 40%
    Skadi 40%

19. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Freyr for me.

20. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Freya.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.