1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Which is the best? Why?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Baronius, Aug 25, 2002.

1. Baronius

Baronius Mental harmony dispels the darkness ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

BGII+ToB offers many many new things, characters, interaction, hundreds of spells...

But I am just unable to find the "feeling" of BG1...
    The big areas, nice forests, dark caves...
    I like very very much BGII, but after playing them for many years, I must admit: BG1 is better...

It is also very interesting that in ToB you can buy +3 weapons in Saradush in the inn...
    (it could be a shop, or a store, it is the same)
    In BG1 you have to visit Durlag's Tower to get 4-5 +3 weapons...
    Yes, I know that in BGII+ToB characters are very powerful, and enemies too, so good weapons are a necessity, but the Sword Coast and its areas (Amn, BG, Tethyr, stc) would not be so different in the case of weapons and enemies...
    In BGII, you can find a 15th level mage in almost every street, while in BG1 I think only Semaj was so powerful (OK, Shandalar was lev 30, but he was the only)

I know that Mind Flayers are AD&D creatures, but I dont like them...
    Not only because they are very potent enemies, rather because they seem to be a little science fiction... I do not know... They are odd... They do not belong to this world about my opinion...

I will get Dark Side, and Icewind Dale, because I heard that they are good.
    But I will play NWN certainly (as soon as it becomes purchasable here)

I think I will never find a game like BG1...
    Its "feeling"... It is like tale...
    But enough. Simply I think that Baldurs Gate is the best game I have ever played.

[ August 28, 2002, 20:08: Message edited by: Baronius the Sorcerer ]

2. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

BG2+ToB. Yes, I agree with everyone else about the overpowered items, and that's one of the reasons I've been modding them, but I just got into it's storyline a lot more than BG1. Maybe it's due to the fact that I don't like mysteries as much, or because I was foolish enough to read the entire story before I played the game.

3. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

but you gotta agree that it would be fun to start that level 1 wizard-slayer and give him 2 * in single weapon style and in long sword... or as a level 1 monk... or as a level 1 mage... wait... that one already exist... i wanted to do this in IWD2 but they removed the kits so now i wont buy the game... i want kits...

4. Sick curtaiN Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] I prefer BG2+ToB because of the mere fact that I wasn't able to play TotSC. :grin:

5. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] BG2-ToB Roleplaying

'Cos it's the best man, :cool: :hippy:

6. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

I seem to remember there being a mod somewhere that let you start BG2 at level 1.

7. Baronius

Baronius Mental harmony dispels the darkness ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

I do not want any such mods for BG2.
    I like it as good as it is!

I mentioned a lot that I just think that BG1 is better! The BG2 does not offer the "feeling" that BG1 gives to you I think...

[ September 03, 2002, 11:24: Message edited by: Baronius the Sorcerer ]

8. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Although i prefer ToB :D i agree that BG1 has quite a diffrent feeling than BG2+ToB as Baronius said.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.