1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Which fight are you more proud of? (or the hardest?, or the funniest?)

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Maincarast'è, Sep 29, 2003.

1. Maincarast'è Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] Me, myself, I like very much the way I killed the Brain. You find that door that can't be opened except for a powerful Illithid, or someone far beyond human capabilities...

Now imagine the firs moments before the fight, that Brain resting camly in its pool because of the security.

Well, I turned into the Slayer :evil: , POM!! :bang: Slammed into the door. pam pam pam pam (running footsteps noise, approaching dangerously..) PLAM!! :bang: (Second door to the floor), jump into the surprised Brain :eek: , SLASH, 50 hitpoints from first crit :aww: , SLASH, another crit and Brain dead :whoa: . The rest of golems and Illithids were piece of cake and were slaughtered pretty quickly ...

Now imagine the rest of the party hidden behind the first door watching the fight astonished :jawdrop: until their leader turns into human once again.

Very amusing..

2. Neeraj the Freak Paladin Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I feel good whenever I kill a powerful mage (ie- Perth the Adept, and the Dwarf in Spellhold etc.) without using Insect Plague!

I killed both the mages I mentioned without my favourite anti-mage spell, so I feel good about that.

Little Spoiler ahead........

The Master of Thralls fight for me was really difficult, because all of my spellcasters were running on empty in that fight (didn't sleep at all when ending the 1st Haerdalis quest onto the 2nd), and we had hardly any healing potions/spells, so I was relieved when we killed it (after dying a couple times before succeeding).

3. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I was most proud of myself the first time I'd killed a dragon because it was so damn hard!

Perth the Adept was pretty easy - boost the backstab multiplier of an invisible thief, sneak in and he's dead in one hit.

4. Valer Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I soloed with an assassin, and in Irenicus dungeon, there is 4 caged imp. I opened the door, looked around, and ran back to the mirror. I have just hide in the shadow, when the imps appeared there. I went back invisible to the cages, and closed the door 3 imps was separated from the battle... not a hard battle, but the solution i think tricky.

5. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I am especially pleased with myself ;) after I have finished the mindflayer city. There isnt much sympathy in me for these creatures.

The destruction of Kangaxx is also something I like. He wants to "rain death on the plains" or something. Now, I like to do a little evil here and there but THAT I cannot have. :D

Still, the fight with the mindflayers and with the vampires/Bhodi I enjoy the most.

6. Thunder Gems: 7/31

A fight in Sullasadar (sp?) the elven city, with an adamite golem. I was fairly high level and this golem caught me by surprize on a large platform with no chokepoint to run to. So I had to slug it out with him, which I did with my fighter mage, Minsc and Jaheira. That's when I first discovered how much problems these suckers can cause if they would be probably placed in a setting with no chokepoints where you can kill it without having to close in.

Also in a solo game when I was still a fairly low level F/m/t and took on that dwarf with his company (can't remember the name, just something about the imp called Pooky). Never ran so much in al of my games. Go upstairs, backstab and run like hell so I could hide in shadows again. And that Imp is hardest of all, with it's confusion spell!

7. Neeraj the Freak Paladin Gems: 8/31

[​IMG] I have a new fight that I thought I might share with all of you! I just did it like an hour ago!

Me and my party are in the Underdark, and we decided to take on the Beholder lair.

My character is a Paladin wielding/wearing these significant items:

Carsomyr +5,
    Ring of Gaxx,
    Ring of the Ram,
    Cloak of Mirrors,
    Boots of Speed.

I left my party in the hallway (if you can call it that), and I had like 3 Beholders and 3 Gauths attacking me at once when I entered the place where they can all see me.

All of their spells were being reflected back at them! So I was doing 17 damage with each reflection (Cloak of Mirrors! :D )!

Eventually they all either killed themselves, or petrified themselves, but while I was standing there (just battling one Beholder, reflecting all other attacks), more Beholders came and attacked me! So I just did as I was doing, and used the Ram Ring on the Elder Orb because I didn't want his Maze or Imprisonment Spell on me.

Me and my buddy Minsc (bow and arrows) finished the Elder Orb off, and when it was all said and done, we had killed 8 Beholders and 3 Gauths because of the items!

Cloak of Mirrors and 50% Magic Resistance (from Carsomyr) saved the day! :cool:

If you are in the Underdark, and the Beholders are giving you problems, then you should put Gaxx and Mirror Cloak on 1 fighter of yours, and watch the magic work to your advantage!

8. Skywind Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

I have killed that red dragon(forgotten the name) lots of time, but there was one time when I was still a beginner, when Edwin had the greatest moment of his life in shock. The red dragon was near-death and fighting my pit fiend, so I had Edwin to cast another lighting bolt to end it's life. Little did I know that the red dragon suddenly leash out a wind buffet and my pit fiend was blown away, leaving only Edwin within it's sight, as the rest of my party are heavily injured. It went straight for Edwin, and luckily, Edwin managed to leash out his lighting bolt right into the red dragon's face just as it was about to smack Edwin. Real close that was.

9. Neeraj the Freak Paladin Gems: 8/31

[​IMG] Whoa that must have been awsome! Close fights are always really memorable!

An underrated fight I beleive for everyone is (at the risk of spoiler.........)
    Fighting Samia and her party.

10. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

One I had fun doing, but it's such an easy fight was the one wtih the Kobolds and Rakasha in the middle of the sewers.

I was a Ranger using the Mana Bow, and pretty much all I did was hide, then launch one arrow, I killed all the archers doing that, then went to work on the others. When all the Kobolds were dead I pulled out Twinkle and Frostband, and walked up to Rakasha were we slashed it out for about a minute.

11. Thor Gems: 10/31

Samia's troupe was quite wasy i think. I don't remember what i did, but i DO remember a hard fight. And that one wasn't particularily hard really. (samia in Firkraags dungeon right?)

The kobolds and The rakasha i just stormed with Keldorn, Minsc, and my Kensai. Done in a jiffy :)
    My mages practically did nothing except watch a real pit-fight :D

The annyoing part about those is how i found them. I refused to pay the group to the north to pass, and then ended up fighting them. Some mage threw chaos on Minsc, and he ran straight into the Kobold lair, all alone, and confused. I found them allright!

12. Neeraj the Freak Paladin Gems: 8/31

[​IMG] Maincarast'e I can finally relate to your original post because I am there now!

Yeah it would be impressive as you describe! I keep on dying right now because I keep on getting too exicted trying to do everything at once and then letting an Illithid touch me! I'll destroy it though!

and

LOL! @ how Thor found the Rakshasa and kobolds!
    I actually had difficulty with that Rakshasa for some reason.

As for the Rakshasa's in the Trademeet quest, my guys were all half dead because of Cloudkill in the room, myself and Anomen weren't hittin' jack for what its worth....then as I plan to bail my 6 guys outta the room, I decide that maybe Minsc will get some hits in before we all leave (and heal and wait for the Cloudkill they casted to run out), and....BOOM! in one or two hits the first Rakshasa dies, then in another 1 or 2 hits the main one dies, and then in a couple hits the last one dies, all while Minsc is losing hit points and had done taken melee punishment. MVP to Minsc on that one!

[ October 05, 2003, 08:26: Message edited by: Neeraj in the Underdark ]

13. Thor Gems: 10/31

How come everybody troubles so much with the rakshasa's? thore three i kille relatively easy. I went in, let them throw their cloud kills, dash out again and heal up. Then i went in again, started battering the "quest" rakshasa, beat him to dust, went out, healed up, went in, (you get the pic ;) ) and got the two remaining quite easily.

Im developing a fear for the rooms that look like the rakshaa cabin. Mostly all of those rooms are either loaded with traps, hard monsters, or both :mad:

14. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Because we don't use cheesy tactics to win. Honestly, I found that to be a pretty easy fight too, but that's because my three fighters were able to beat them all down before the cloudkills did major damage.

I was really happy the first time I beat that Tarnor & Punks in the Sewers. Took me a bunch of tries, but it was fun.

15. Skywind Gems: 10/31

Veteran

Same here. Tarnor & Punks were the ones who teached me to use spells that I thought were useless. Like the fear spells and others.

16. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

yeah, the Sewer scum is my fav fight. You can beat them basically as soon as you get there and you get sweet consumer goods for it too! I remember the first time I beat them without being high level. It was glorious!

17. Neeraj the Freak Paladin Gems: 8/31

[​IMG] For real! I remember the first time I fought Tarnor and punks, they blew me and my guys right out the water.

But when I was more prepared, we got them! Good feeling!

It's always really fun fighting another party of 6! Tarnor and punks (I like that! I hated them!), the crew in the Bridge District one building north of 5 Flagons, Samia and her crew, Boz and his crew, et cetera.

18. Thyorna Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

SOme of the best fights I've had in the game is soloing through as a sorceror. Fighting Firkraag without cheese but no fighting ability either, soloing against Mencer PebbleCrusher in Den of Seven Vales ASAP after exiting Irenicus' house of fun, and fighting Bhodi for the very first time ever with a relatively low party and no experience of the game.

P.S. The sewer scum is a good fight for a low level party in the hands of a beginner.

19. Thor Gems: 10/31

[​IMG] I had apretty weird fight with the lich in ust natha. I entered his home with the rope and everything, and immidiatly before he started chattering, attacked him with all my characters. then he started talking, and afterwords all the menues disappeared and i lost control totally. The lich walked around like another dope, and my main character walked after him and smashed him with his azure-edge! the lich did nothing at all! And i that had prepared for yet another practically impossible fight... Afterwords i was teleported to jarlaxle. I had no control whatsoever until after i came back from his house. I just sat there completely lost :)

Another fight i'm a bit proud off was also in ust natha, I walked to the pit where they feed the spiders, talked to the guy there, and said that we had to rescue them. Five seconds after i ended up walking through the city with every single person hostile! I ended up slaying everyone, including the matrin mother, every sodier absolutely everywhere, and could just walk out and give the egg back to Adalon. Unfortunately i was slaughtered by the troup of drows behind the door she showed me to.. i was a bit beat from all the drow's in the city, to of my characters died, including the one with raise dead. so i have to ask, are there any means whatsoever to get some healing down there? I really need it now! :confused:

And another thing, every time i use the slayer change he dies after a little while, even if there are nothing wrong with him.. Why? :eek:
    I've used it maybe three or four times now, the illithid brain, the frikkin' kua toan prince, and a few more times i can't remember...

20. Thunder Gems: 7/31

The slayer change has to do with you losing control. You were warned that the power you could wield would come at a price. If you lose control you become the slayer and are, as a character, considered dead.

Just remembered the fight in the southern catacombs. I entered it with a low level party during one of my first runs and had my ass wipped the first time, before I retreated to the northern catacombs. I came back later with a few levels under my belt and totally cleaned them out. :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.