1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Which character should I play?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by jA, Oct 29, 2005.

1. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Yes. You are an epic character beginning with level 21. But to be epic in your class (epic cleric, epic wizard, epic paladin etc), you need to have 21 levels in that class. Also, you can normally take up to 10 levels in a prestige class and more only when you're epic (after level 20).

2. jA Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I'm thinking playing druid/shifter/dwarfen defender.Can you tell me build for that character.i chosing that character becuse i could have a lot of damage reduction,shapeshifitng forms and some good spells from druid,lot of hit points from dwarf race and with good armor high AC and epic damage reductions resulting immunity to all damages-at least i think so?

3. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I don't think this is possible because I don't think you can have two prestige classes at once.

4. Will Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Yeah, you can. Reading a shifter FAQ might help if you havent already, as the many different shapes all assimilate/change different aspects of a character's base stats, equipment and the like. It wold take a hell of a lot of experiementation to work it all out on your own

5. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Hehe, druid/shifter/dwarven defender. It's used in PvP servers, because of it's utter tank-ishness. Normaly, people focus on it's Risen Lord shapeshift, leave wisdom as low as possible, since you dont need anything but lvl21 to take Undead shape feat. Then buff constitution to 21, take the three Epic Damage Reduction feats for an aditional 9/- combining it with Dwarven defender damage resistance. Risen lord automaticaly gains 50% slashing/piercing resistance, but the important trick is that damage resistance from the shape is applied before the damage reduction. Add Critical immunity from Undead quality and you're like a stonewall in front of any sword-chunker.
    Seeing that a majority of monster attacks use slashing type of it, it'll make you just about immune to it. If you're in a high magic worlds and expecting a lot of PvP action, you could take a few Epic energy reductions to resist elemental damage, often on melee attacks from fighters and the like. Luckily, almost never does it exceed 10 points, which is just about as much you get from the feat. Pick the most common ones first, like fire.

With this build it's even possible to get devastating critical by level 40. Looking at it from a powergaming's view, it's pretty much the only option. Once you're past 21con to qualify for Epic Damage Reduction, the only combat ability that does any difference once you're shifted into a risen lord shape that has set strenght and constitution values is dexterity. Seeing, however that AC is something you cant call your strong point, even middle AB characters will be hitting you without a problem, you wont make any difference by increasing your dexterity by a few points. Instead, increase strenght, and eventhough it wont apply when shifted, as you'll have Risen Lord strenght, you'll eventualy get Devastating critical, which will.
    Also, you could pick up Imp. Disarm, since you're wielding a large weapon and make use of it when against armed opponents.

The only weaknesses of this build are:

1: Biggest one in PvP enviroments - Vulnerability to Undead specific attacks like lay on hands, searing light,...

2: Mediocre AB - It wont matter one bit when playing OC, since enemies arent that tough, including their AC.

3: It may get a bit boring, staying in the same shape all the time, using the same tricks and all in all, being all too sturdy for anything thrown in your path ;)

6. The Shaman Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Blah... cheeze. Frankly, I think I might be more satisfied with being a fighter/rogue/harper than with such a... thing.

7. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Why is it so cheesey?

8. Yoshimo's Heart Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

I dont know if this is a good place for this but what are the BAB of the harper scout and the classes good/bad saves since it does not sem to say anywhere? I figure this could help jA out in choosing prestige classes.

9. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

I'm guessing that the BAB progression and saves would be the same as the Bard. However, I've never used the class 'cos it seems like utter bobbins, frankly.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.